PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Generalissimus Gibby
09-16-2012, 03:32 PM
The Good: No turnovers v. three takeaways we won the turnover battle and won the game. You lose the ball you lose the game, its that simple. Spiller, damn I like FJax, but he could possibly be trade bait for a WR. The play of the interior linemen on the D and once again pass and run blocking was excellent (I don't believe Fitz got sacked today). Gotta give double props to Dareus for playing the game of his career considering what a ****ty week its been for his family

The Bad : Chan outcoached himself at times, Chan when you are up big and your backs are getting big yardage you can run the ball. The officiating was lousy at times.

The Ugly: The preppy collars. Go to the white jerseys until we get rid of those horrible things.

OpIv37
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
The good: more diversity in both the offensive and defensive playcallling. The O wasn't predictable and the D used stunts and blitzes to keep the pass rush coming.

The bad: Levitre struggled a little early. Terrence McGee is done. Every completion in the first half was right in his grill.

The ugly: S/T. I know, we had a punt return for a TD, but the punt coverage unit wasn't very good, Moorman shanked one, and the extra kicker eating a roster spot failed to reach the endzone on 2 kicks. And we used a timeout before we kicked off. WTF was that about?

imbondz
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Love Chandler making big plays

YardRat
09-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Good-Spiller, oline...especially Glenn, he's really settling in nicely
Bad-Agree with Chan, our corners ball skills (again)
Ugly-Gilmore lazy-assing tying his shoe, and the TO on the KO.

BillsOverDolphins
09-16-2012, 04:42 PM
The Good: C.J. Spiller. Man this guy is a joy to watch. Dareus and KW had great games as well.

The Bad: Our CB's. I watched part of the Giants-Bucs game today and saw that Nicks and Cruz put up close to 400 combined receiving yds. I could only imagine what they--or any other stacked WR corps--would do against this secondary.

The Ugly: Chan Gailey. Yes, he's ugly to look at too, but holy hell how does Spiller only have 15 carries in that game? Unacceptable. There were too many possessions where we inexplicably went pass-pass-pass. If this continues, he needs to be put into a nursing home and an interim coach promoted.

coastal
09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Good-Spiller, oline...especially Glenn, he's really settling in nicely
Bad-Agree with Chan, our corners ball skills (again)
Ugly-Gilmore lazy-assing tying his shoe, and the TO on the KO.So far I've been wrong about starting Glenn at LT. He's been good.

Mike
09-16-2012, 05:58 PM
" damn I like FJax, but he could possibly be trade bait for a WR"

watch out! i made a thread about this last week and got killed for it

Slim
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
So far I've been wrong about starting Glenn at LT. He's been good.

I was very worried about him as well. He's been great, an awesome surprise.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM

You also said Dareus was a wasted draft pick

Oaf
09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Our corners.. ugly.

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Nothing ugly about this game from the Bills perspective.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
The Good:
C.J. Spiller-- obviously.
Mark Anderson-- was consistently in the right places and saved a lot of plays.

The Bad:
Fitzpatrick-- very bad passing. Got lucky a few times but this one was won on the backs of Spiller and the D-line.

The Ugly:
The visitors' locker room after this debacle.

Skooby
09-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Good: Bills

Bad: Chefs

Ugly: Chef's whole team.

trapezeus
09-17-2012, 07:47 AM
good- CJ, Kyle Williams, gilmore bounce back. he was all over his receivers for the most part. momentum to make the team believe alittle. they are in first with everyone else.

bad - Mario was triple teamed early and then mostly one on one and didn't really do too much. Fitz continues to be incredibly inaccurate. that bootleg on first drive was a monster pickup if he didn't worm burn the pass. Donald jones was open a couple times (they have no chemistry whatsoever).

ugly - second half start with 3 passes and a wildcat that was fumbled. against a better team, the bills have to come out and nail what they've been doing and get their foot on the throat. it was fine for the chiefs, but it needs to look a lot better than that going forward. there is a reason we are defering to take the ball in the second half. let's go make it work for us. Refs also sucked they way they did last week. nothing that hurt any team more than the other, but hte replacement refs will listen to the whining. Kevin Boss penalty 10 minutes later after the TV time out? Really? and there were two skirmishes on the field with no penalties. this isn't hte NHL. punches and skirmishes get unsportsmanlike penalties.

Historian
09-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Good: O line, and Kyle Williams

Bad: Fitz still looked shaky.

Ugly: Prevent defense.

jdaltroy5
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
The good - DL, CJ, OL.

The bad - Fitz. Some ugly passes to start off, but he did what he had to do and got the W. I'm just being picky at this point.

The ugly - It was a blowout. Nothing ugly from our perspective. Although, I saw a guy get sucker punched in section 131 because some drunk guy was making derogatory comments about the cheerleaders. His GF was a cheerleader.

THRILLHO
09-17-2012, 08:37 AM
The good: It is so nice to see our run defense able to stop a great runner like Jamal Charles. That is something we were missing last year. We also got MUCH better at getting to the QB and Gilmore was great in coverage for most the game. CJ was a beast. If he touched the ball we were getting positive yards. Out of the backfield or at receiver he was our whole offense.
The bad: CJ was our whole offense. Fitz could never get anything else going. Johnson finished with just two catches (but it was a great td too). Chandler also had 2 catches. Low throws, high throws, way off the mark. It was frustrating to say the least. It was nice to see Fitz making plays with his legs though.
The ugly: What was Gilmore doing tying his shoes? Did he forget this isn't college? I was baffled when I saw that and thought there must be a timeout on the field, or an injury somewhere.

But if this is the ugliest thing I can think of, that means it was a damn good game.

justasportsfan
09-17-2012, 09:18 AM
good: team was better prepared this time. Wanny deserves some props.No turnovers. No major injuries.

Bad: Chan getting too cute at times that I thought Mularkey was our OC. Fitz looked like Trentative. For the first time, I saw a Fitz that lost confidence in himself early on.

Ugly: nothing really.

trapezeus
09-17-2012, 11:01 AM
i agree with Justa, fitz looked like he had no confidence. that first throw on the bootleg was exactly the way our past QB's the past 10 years have looked once they didn't feel comfortable out there. though he made two nice throws for TD's, so maybe he can build on it.

but i relaly feel like his is laboring to get everything into his throws. one day we might have a strong armed qb in buffalo. one day is just not today.

justasportsfan
09-17-2012, 11:59 AM
i agree with Justa, fitz looked like he had no confidence. that first throw on the bootleg was exactly the way our past QB's the past 10 years have looked once they didn't feel comfortable out there. though he made two nice throws for TD's, so maybe he can build on it.

but i relaly feel like his is laboring to get everything into his throws. one day we might have a strong armed qb in buffalo. one day is just not today.

IMO, the boo's shook him. It looks like he's struggling between the new mechanics and his old self.

HAMMER
09-17-2012, 03:33 PM
The people calling the secondary play ugly need to rewatch the game. The bulk of the Chiefs passing yards were in garbage time when we were playing prevent. Gilmore tackled very well, they played more press coverage which was effective in disrupting the Chiefs timing on short routes. Fitz did a far better job than many are giving him credit for, just wasn't pretty so people want to whine. The lines were stellar and that is the key to this teams success, if they stay healthy this team will challenge for the division. It should only get better as they fine tune their timing. I think there are going to be a lot of the Douchers running to catch the wagon.

BillsOverDolphins
09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
The people calling the secondary play ugly need to rewatch the game. The bulk of the Chiefs passing yards were in garbage time when we were playing prevent. Gilmore tackled very well, they played more press coverage which was effective in disrupting the Chiefs timing on short routes. Fitz did a far better job than many are giving him credit for, just wasn't pretty so people want to whine. The lines were stellar and that is the key to this teams success, if they stay healthy this team will challenge for the division. It should only get better as they fine tune their timing. I think there are going to be a lot of the Douchers running to catch the wagon.

Please stop.

gebobs
09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
I loved the screen to Spiller to set up Chandlers TD. Glenn and Levitre both nearly led Spiller into the end zone...30 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD!

HAMMER
09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Please stop.

You'll see, then I WILL say "I told you so". The Pats have the Ravens in Balt and then come to Buffalo, it is not at all inconceiveable that they leave Buffalo 1-3, and us at 3-1.

BillsOverDolphins
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
You'll see, then I WILL say "I told you so". The Pats have the Ravens in Balt and then come to Buffalo, it is not at all inconceiveable that they leave Buffalo 1-3, and us at 3-1.

Yeah, ok...if that happens I'll happily apologize.

YardRat
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM

I was very worried about him as well. He's been great, an awesome surprise.

Me too.

IMO, the boo's shook him. It looks like he's struggling between the new mechanics and his old self.

I agree.

HAMMER
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, ok...if that happens I'll happily apologize.

I will not accept, you will pay for your blasphemy.

BillsFever21
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Spiller has shown he needs to be the starter and that he even needed to be the starter coming into this season from how he finished last year while filling in for Jackson. I like Jackson too but way to many people are too emotionally attached to him.

I got grilled during the offseason for saying that we should try and trade him before the draft if we could get decent value for him and if we couldn't then let him play out the season and see how it went before giving him a contract extension. The extension was right about where I thought it would be if we did go that route but either way we should've waited or explored trade possibilities. His value would've been down since he was coming off a season ending leg injury but we could've had something in return.

As it now coming off another injury and to the knee our time to trade him to get any value is over. We're not going to get very much if anything for a 31 year old RB coming off a 2nd injury now his first game back after a season ending leg injury the prior season. We might as well keep him now unless he can't handle playing second to Spiller.

There is no way you can take Spiller out of the starting spot now after what he has shown. I don't think Jackson is the type who will cause problems since he has always been a professional even when he wanted a contract extension but you never know. If he becomes a problem and can't handle playing backup and seeing reduced carries because of Spiller then that may be something we will need to explore.

There are still so many people that are emotionally fixated on Jackson that they may still think he should be starter after he returns from injury no matter how Spiller is playing. I like Jackson too but it's Spiller's time and Jackson could serve a good backup role and would still see a decent amount of carries if it doesn't become an issue with him.

With the way we need to revolve our team around the running game to take the game out of Fitz's hands as much as possible there will still be plenty of touches for Jackson as a backup. It should be to spare a break for Spiller and/or designed plays during the game for Jackson now though. He could still see 10 touches a game but it can't break up the flow of the game for Spiller and needs to be used wisely like stated above.