X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

CJ Spiller

I never watched OJ play in Buffalo. It was before my time. One guy who watched today's game with me said that Spiller is the most natural RB in Buffalo that he saw since OJ, Thurman included.

Of course it is way too early to talk about Spiller in those lights. I just feel that the way the O-Line is right now, it might be perfect for Spiller to run into limelights. Jackson is still more savvy and knows how to deal when the O-line is not that great. But Nix and Co. has made improvement there to make it happen for Spiller.

Pretty soon opposing teams are going to stack up the line and mirror Spiller every single snap, starting with the Browns. We'll see if Fitz is up to the task then. To me, I'm still seeing a below average Fitz out there today, and teams will make him to beat them ...
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: CJ Spiller

Spiller is the real deal.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      I never watched OJ play in Buffalo. It was before my time. One guy who watched today's game with me said that Spiller is the most natural RB in Buffalo that he saw since OJ, Thurman included.

Of course it is way too early to talk about Spiller in those lights. I just feel that the way the O-Line is right now, it might be perfect for Spiller to run into limelights. Jackson is still more savvy and knows how to deal when the O-line is not that great. But Nix and Co. has made improvement there to make it happen for Spiller.

Pretty soon opposing teams are going to stack up the line and mirror Spiller every single snap, starting with the Browns. We'll see if Fitz is up to the task then. To me, I'm still seeing a below average Fitz out there today, and teams will make him to beat them ...
      It would be savvy if Jackson could stay healthy and be effective in real time. Hasn't happened since midpoint last season.

Right now, Spiller is excellent... in real time.

I didn't think of Fred Jackson once today.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2003

He alone is worth the price of admission.
        Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

He needed 122 yards today to stay on pace for 2,000 for the season. He got 123. Nice.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

From stat guru @mikehaim -- Spiller's average of 10.1 yards per carry is the best average after 2 games since Jim Brown in 1963 (11.3).
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Spiller brings the ability to take it to the house every single time he touches the ball. The Bills haven't had that kind of an impact player since...I'm not sure they've ever had a player with his dynamics.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                Spiller brings the ability to take it to the house every single time he touches the ball. The Bills haven't had that kind of an impact player since...I'm not sure they've ever had a player with his dynamics.
                O.J. Simpson
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  Since I've been a fan of the Bills(1990) we have never had a dynamic player in the backfield like Spiller. McGahee was supposed to be that guy for us, but his knee was so shredded he never regained his 4.2/4.3 speed and turned into just a plodding back for us.
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

That's the reason they drafted him.

QBs are automatic because they have the ball almost 100% of the time and if you can get a guy people are afraid that he's going to score every time he throws (I actually had guys telling me during Kelly's years how scared they were every time Kelly was back to throw), you are almost assured a winner. RB of that feature is a close 2nd. Occasionally you have guys like Moss in his prime scares you but he still needs a capable QB.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

CJ is awesome, no doubt, but he will have an off game from time to time. That's when Fitz needs to step up and stop missing easy throws. Seriously, what's the deal with this guy? He had people wide open and still under/over threw them. That's just not acceptable.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

What would McGahee have been like w/o the injury?

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                          What would McGahee have been like w/o the injury?
                          AMAZING. I saw his entire college career (season tix to The U), and the last home game was espeically something--rushed for 6 tds on the Virginia Tech D. Should've been 7, but the Canes tried to get too cute on the goal line with some Dorsey reception that went awry. He was amazing, though

You know who his b/u was, that only played 4th quarters but avg'd 9.1 ypc for awhile? Frank Gore.

The 1999-2002 Miami Hurricanes represent the best collective football talent in history.
                          Last edited by BillsOverDolphins; 09-16-2012, 08:34 PM.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

he was a horrible pick. What a bust!!!! wait, who said that?

come out whoever you are
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              he was a horrible pick. What a bust!!!! wait, who said that?

come out whoever you are
                              Well, if everyone that said Spiller was a bust & a wasted pick came out & admitted it, this thread would swell to 7-8 pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X