PDA

View Full Version : AFCE Overview after 2 weeks: All Tied @ 1-1

Mike
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Here is a quick overview of the AFCE teams and how they have looked over the last 2 weeks:

Pats:
Who are these guys? Favored by more than 13 points in their home opener which they have never lost in (10-0 all time) and they lose to the Cards. Granted, they lost on a last second field goal, however they should never have had that chance, if the Cards down the ball on 3&13 instead of fumbling a cheap shot field goal away to Pats, Cards win.

Trend:
Two weeks in a row and the Pats offense looks like a shell of itself. They simply had a very hard time scoring TDs -4 FGs- and finally punched it through when they absolutely had to to only miss a FG. Their Run game was anemic and Brady does not look comfortable back there. Wes Walker is no longer a Top WR in the NFL, he is now an average Joe and Gronk is not producing anywhere close to the level last year. For some big reason, the Pats are struggling on offense, now two weeks in a row.

Defensively they looked good once again. I think BB finally has the LBers he covets and the Defense is begging to remind me of his Ds earlier in the century.

Jets
It was a very typical Jets game. They hung around because of their defense but when push came to shove, their offense could not score and their defense broke. After two weeks its safe to say that 'the Jets are who we thought they were' a good team, but by no means great. Those two Champion game appearances are a distant memory and they will continue to be just that.

Trend
They had something to prove in week1 home victory opener versus a team that they over esteemed only to get blown out in week2 by a team that deserved the praise. Jets are who we think they are, no more no less.

Dolphins
Remember the Mario Williams vs the Reggie Bush debates. Mario won the argument back then, but now Reggie is winning it hands down! Fins looked good versus a bad Raiders team in week2. That Raiders defense is atrocious! Much improved from one week to the next, expect more ups and downs with a rookie QB, who by all accounts might be the worst starting rookie QB and lets just hope it stays that way.

Trend
I dont even expect the Fins to be a mild surprise, they will win some, and loose some and have a top10 pick come april.

Bills
I am very glad they took the loss personally! They should have, they played like a bunch of pussies in week1. Week2 gave us a dejavu of last season's start where they blew out a bunch of teams on their way to 5-2 record only to finish 6-10. Lets hope at least that part stays in the past.

Trend
Its becoming a noticeable trend. Actually, not to tute my horn, but i predicted this last year(2011): The Bills offense will dominate bad defenses and get dominated by the good ones. Very little middle ground. Two weeks and two blowouts later, I still think is true. Lets just hope, that they can actually win a few close games against good teams and so we will know if they can compete against the legit NFL competition.

Overall:
Everyone is 1-1 and there does not appear to be a Dominant Team in the Devision -dominant like the Pats use to be.

Marcala12
09-16-2012, 10:24 PM
the pats are dominant and you're all nuts if you don't see that. Arizona is actually 9-2 over their last 11 games and their D is loaded with studs. I think the Pats took them lightly and their game plan got botched when Hernandez was lost. But this is a team that just almost won the SB and they're considerably better than the other three teams on paper, on the field, with their coaching, and their experience.

imbondz
09-16-2012, 10:33 PM
the Pats looked very good against the Titans last week. I think they completely overlooked the Cards.

Mike13
09-16-2012, 10:42 PM
expect more ups and downs with a rookie QB, who by all accounts might be the worst starting rookie QB and lets just hope it stays that way.

Nope.

kingJofNYC
09-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Bills are the only team in the division with a negative point differential. Two game sample size though.

better days
09-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Bills are the only team in the division with a negative point differential. Two game sample size though.

No turnovers by Fitz against the Chiefs. If he can keep that up, the Bills should win some games.

Barb
09-17-2012, 07:46 AM
funny how all of a sudden oaklandīs defense is supposed to be trash, when all the experts were putting this defense into the top of the rankings for this week, i think miami played well, they played a close game against the texans until 2 tipped passes and a lazy route produced 3 INTīs and blew open a 3-3 ballgame at houston late in the 2nd quarter, arian foster couldnīt run on miami with a 2.6 average and even worse mcfadden averaged a 2.2 average yesterday on the other hand the dolphins rushing game is looking very good so far, they ran the ball with success against houston until it had to abandoned and they smothered oakland with a 263 yards rushing on 43 carries for a healthy 6.1 average, tannehill looked good out there, he didnt look bad against houston either, but people who only look at the stat sheet wonīt recognize, this AFCE is wide open imo, especially if Hernandez loses significant time to his ankle injury

Mike13
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Something has just been turned on in Reggie Bush over the past year, he looks like USC Reggie.

imbondz
09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
i've always liked Reggie Bush. never understood why the Saints let him go unless it was a money issue. I always thought Bush was going to be USC Bush

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Tannehill > Fitzpatrick

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM
No way!

I could have carved up the Raiders D.

That team doesn't belong in the NFL.

Tannehill remains a work in progress.

Ed
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I think this division could stay pretty close for a few more weeks. We obviously have a couple tough games against NE and SF, but NE has Baltimore and Denver, the Jets have to play SF and Houston, and Miami plays Arizona, Jets, and Cincy.

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
No way!

I could have carved up the Raiders D.

That team doesn't belong in the NFL.

Tannehill remains a work in progress.

The Raiders do look pretty weak but Rivers was held in check by them. Tannehill has no WR's but put together a nice 2nd game. He may not be better yet but he will be. The Bills and Jets are competing for the 3rd best QB play in the division.

Mike
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
the pats are dominant and you're all nuts if you don't see that. Arizona is actually 9-2 over their last 11 games and their D is loaded with studs. I think the Pats took them lightly and their game plan got botched when Hernandez was lost. But this is a team that just almost won the SB and they're considerably better than the other three teams on paper, on the field, with their coaching, and their experience.

Cards have no QB and can barely score.

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
The Raiders do look pretty weak but Rivers was held in check by them. Tannehill has no WR's but put together a nice 2nd game. He may not be better yet but he will be. The Bills and Jets are competing for the 3rd best QB play in the division.

I think it's too early to anoint Tannehill #2 in the division just because he played well vs the Raiders.

Maybe down the road, sure, but I don't think it's likely. The guy is a glorified wide receiver without much experience at QB.

I think he has bust written all over him.

Then again, I was also one of the guys who doubted Cam Newton...

Skooby
09-17-2012, 04:14 PM
We have the best R-backs in the league, that's obvious.

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 04:46 PM
I think it's too early to anoint Tannehill #2 in the division just because he played well vs the Raiders.

Maybe down the road, sure, but I don't think it's likely. The guy is a glorified wide receiver without much experience at QB.

I think he has bust written all over him.

Then again, I was also one of the guys who doubted Cam Newton...

I don't think me predicting Tannehill being #2 by 2013 says much about AFCE QB play... I view him as a solid mid range QB long term.

There has been a youth infusion at the QB position in the NFL and a lot of these guys can really play, which is a change from the last 10-15 years. I'll even add Dalton to that list for you, though I'd rather aim higher for my own club. I dont know if that will make the position even more important or whether a greater talent pool will bring importance back to other area's of the game like defense and running attack. I suspect the former for teams like Buffalo and the latter for teams with a Top 20 player (as the gap will no longer be as wide from #1 to #20).

I do know this: We dont have one of those franchise signal callers yet. Miami probably will from my evaluation (this includes college, another situation where he had very little help as his WR's dropped a lot of balls). And my loose definition of franchise QB in this particular instance is a top 20 player and someone you can win with consistently without needing a top 3-5 supporting cast and coach.