Would you say the we're now a run first type team ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Would you say the we're now a run first type team ?

Well ??
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

Re: Would you say the we're now a run first type team ?

There's reality, and then there's what Chan thinks. Unfortunately, those are two very different things.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

If Chan isn't a complete ****** we would be. Hopefully he realized what most of us have, that Fitz isn't good and shouldn't throw the ball as much as he was last year. It gives him more time to **** up.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
        • May 2003

Start of the second half...3 passes and out. Spiller is having another awesome game. WTF? Why not run Spiller every play?
        Send me some wings!

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

We should be...............but we won't. Maybe after Fitz blows another game or two Chan will wise up.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by MTBillsFan View Post
            Start of the second half...3 passes and out. Spiller is having another awesome game. WTF? Why not run Spiller every play?
            Exactly. Even if you wanted to play Devil's Advocate and say "We shouldn't overload C.J. with carries," than that's fine--but use Choice or White then. We're up 21-0 and there's no reason to come out gunning until the Chiefs prove they can stop the run.
            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Today we were. We'll see in the future. I can't stress enough how poor Chandler is in the run blocking part of his game. Lee Smith is a great blocker but not much a receiving threat, combine the two and you have a dangerous player that rarely comes off the field. We have to games close and minimize fits. Everything should run through, Chandler/Spiller/Johnson/Jackson, those are weapons.

Teams will load up the box with more than 6 even if we spread them out. At that point what does Chan & Co. do?
              Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Mindbender
                • Apr 2010

I hope so. In the presser Gailey did say he would prefer doing what we saw today more. I was like....what?
                "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mindbender View Post
                  I hope so. In the presser Gailey did say he would prefer doing what we saw today more. I was like....what?
                  That's the reason I'm asking this, I'm not clear as to how we're utilizing our talent. It's easy to say Ryan had a good game or the WR didn't make plays but it's fairly clear to me that our QB isn't capable of much past being serviceable.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Were still trying to figure out who we are. No solid identity
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think so. I think Chan Gailey, even more than some other head coaches, will change his game plan based on the perceive strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. He thought the run would work well versus the Chiefs, and he was right. I think he will come to very different conclusions about some other opponents he faces this season. I think one piece of good news for the Bills coming fromthe first two games is that opponents will have to respect the ability of the Bills to move the ball on the ground. As future opponents load up to try and stop the run, that may make it easier to pass.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mindbender View Post
                        But he also said it will depend on the week and that if teams load the box they'll be forced to pass.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          But he also said it will depend on the week and that if teams load the box they'll be forced to pass.
                          That is what's so scary to me, how can't he see that pass first isn't an option?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            Well ??
                            It certainly looks, sounds that way judging by yesterday's game, also with comments made by Gailey this morning, and Nix on Friday. With Fitzpatrick struggling, Fred Jackson and David Nelson injured, I think it's almost forcing this team to change its gameplan on offense. They can't spread teams out effectively now with CJ being needed to carry the load in the running game. JMO

Comment

• clumping platelets

I do not care as long as we score more points than our opponent.

Comment

Working...
                              X