PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick #1 in TD passes!

Ed
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I just noticed that Fitzpatrick is the only qb in the league with 5 TD passes. That actually made me laugh. Ryan or Manning may join/surpass him tonight, but at least we get to say he's #1 in something for a little while. Watch out Brady, Fitz is just getting warmed up and he's coming for your record!

The last buffalo fan
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'll enjoy it. I'm very sorry, but I'm just a Buffalo Bills fan. Go Bills!! :gobills:

Ed
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'll enjoy it. I'm very sorry, but I'm just a Buffalo Bills fan. Go Bills!! :gobills:
Yeah winning is always enjoyable. There were definitely some plays/throws from Fitz yesterday that were frustrating, but I'll take a couple TD's and no INT's or sacks every week.

OpIv37
09-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah winning is always enjoyable. There were definitely some plays/throws from Fitz yesterday that were frustrating, but I'll take a couple TD's and no INT's or sacks every week.

If Fitz can play like that every week, this team will win a lot of games.

I'm just not convinced that he can.

Jeff1220
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM

I think Fitz continuing to play like that is contingent upon the Bills continuing to run the ball like they have been. If the run game is clicking, the passing game should open up as well.

Ed
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM

Me neither. It's hard to imagine him getting through the season without a couple more 3 pick clunker type games, but I'm sure he'll have some great games too. Consistency is going to be the major issue going forward to see if he's the guy or not. I don't expect him to be great every week, but he can't go back and forth, or have multiple game slumps.

To me he just doesn't seem as comfortable or confident as he was early on last year and I'm wondering if losing Nelson and Jackson is part of that.

The last buffalo fan
09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
What I like the most here is that I know what to expect from him, so always is nice to be wrong with Fitz.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Ive said all along the posters around here are too tough on Fitz. He's going to lead us to the promise land.

imbondz
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
we need him to be Alex Smith.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
If Chan can limited the amount of throws per game. I think the Bills have a small chance of making the playoffs. If Chan has him throwing the ball like last year, the Bills do not have a snow balls chance in hell at playoffs. He is not good enough to throw the ball 40 times a game.

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
we need him to be Alex Smith.

I'm convinced Jim Harbaugh is a miracle worker.

Two years ago, if somebody suggested we needed our QB to be "more like Alex Smith" I would have laughed him out of the room.

Somehow, that sneaky little SOB is putting together very competent performances on the regular now.

justasportsfan
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
looks like PTI won't be posting here this week.

YardRat
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Fitz is what he is, and inconsistency is part of that.

imbondz
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm convinced Jim Harbaugh is a miracle worker.

Two years ago, if somebody suggested we needed our QB to be "more like Alex Smith" I would have laughed him out of the room.

Somehow, that sneaky little SOB is putting together very competent performances on the regular now.

right, I mean Alex Smith in the past 2 seasons. and I just mean Alex Smith hasn't made alot of mistakes over the past 2 seasons. That's what we need out of Fitz.

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
right, I mean Alex Smith in the past 2 seasons. and I just mean Alex Smith hasn't made alot of mistakes over the past 2 seasons. That's what we need out of Fitz.

We can be dominant on the ground between F-Jax and CJ.

We can hit the homerun with CJ on any given play.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't ask Fitz to do much; just limit mistakes and manage the game.

But in the real world, our defense is still a big work in progress. We don't have the luxury of the SF DEF.

Which means we get to look forward to many more hot & cold performances from Fitz.

We'll have no choice but to get pass happy at certain points during the season.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the five tds, what I hate are the four turnovers caused by his dumbass decisions against the Jets. I am still of the opinion that we would have beaten or at least hung close to New Jersey without those ****ups.

BillsOverDolphins
09-17-2012, 12:49 PM
This stat made me laugh out loud (literally) when I read it. Good for him though...I love the 0 ints column yesterday more than anything--as others alluded too

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
We can be dominant on the ground between F-Jax and CJ.

We can hit the homerun with CJ on any given play.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't ask Fitz to do much; just limit mistakes and manage the game.

But in the real world, our defense is still a big work in progress. We don't have the luxury of the SF DEF.

Which means we get to look forward to many more hot & cold performances from Fitz.

We'll have no choice but to get pass happy at certain points during the season.

It's also not in Fitz's DNA to play that conservative IMO.

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 01:14 PM
It's also not in Fitz's DNA to play that conservative IMO.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

That's one of the pitfalls of high intelligence.

It's a psychological phenomenon with people with high IQs like Fitz.

On average, they're less likely to recognize their mistakes because they think they're immune to making mistakes. They're also very good at rationalizing their mistakes.

So while it may actually benefit his game to be more of a game manager, Fitz probably won't acknowledge it.

Figster
09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Fitzpatricks wheels are something I believe the Bills should be taking more of an advantage of because Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a bad runner.

Fitz also has a hard head:hitself:

Skooby
09-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Good for Fitz, just keep handing CJ the ball.

ejsmith
09-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I am super happy about the win, but I thought Fitzpatrick played mediocre at best. He missed a lot of throws and I saw several plays where the guy was wide open and he didn't throw the ball or threw it too late. He seems to be playing very tentatively.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Good for Fitz, just keep handing CJ the ball.

with the occassional, meaning no more than two out of every ten plays, pass to Joker or Chandler. This will establish us as a smash mouth offense, something we have the talent for that can occassionally **** you up with a big passing play that gets us a first down. Fitz should never ever be forced to win us a game, just given the task to not lose it.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I am super happy about the win, but I thought Fitzpatrick played mediocre at best. He missed a lot of throws and I saw several plays where the guy was wide open and he didn't throw the ball or threw it too late. He seems to be playing very tentatively.

Yes, I noticed this too, one of the posters at Chiefs Planet got it right in their game day thread when he said that Bills fans watching Fitzpatrick play get to know what Matt Cassel looks like against other teams.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM

ditto....

BillsFever21
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
He wasn't good but he wasn't bad. He had a ton of missed throws and had a few throws turn into big plays since Spiller was running up and down the field on them. Since he didn't throw any interceptions that's all I'm happy about. It's amazing how much different the start of the game can be when Spiller took control and gave us a huge lead as opposed to last week when they threw too much with Fitz and the game was over before we knew it in part because of the INT's.

They need to keep basing the offense around Spiller and the running game and limit Fitzpatrick as much as possible like this week. Unfortunately clubs will tee off on Spiller and dare Fitzpatrick to beat them. He will have many more games of multiple INT's.

If we only had a decent QB that could manage the game and make some plays without being a turnover machine we could be in a lot of games. If Fitzpatrick plays like he usually does that won't be the case this year. These next 7 games will determine the season. We have to beat the Browns and Cardinals and hope to score at least one victory against the 49ers, Houston and Patriots twice with 3 of them road games. Even that would only put us 4-5 heading into our lighter part of the schedule.

One thing is for sure Spiller has proven to be the real deal. If he's still playing like this he better still be the starter when Jackson returns from injury. Spiller is the future and Jackson should only be used to spare Spiller some carries along with his leadership. Jackson won't like being benched but at least he got his payday from us that he wanted. It's time to turn the reigns over to Spiller for good.

Night Train
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
That is a frightening stat, since I'm far happier when he's handing the ball off.

That first duck to a wide open Chandler was a playground throw to your friend 7 feet away. He could have pitched it.

jimmifli
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
That is a frightening stat, since I'm far happier when he's handing the ball off.

That first duck to a wide open Chandler was a playground throw to your friend 7 feet away. He could have pitched it.

I'm sure Fitz's first thought was "what the **** was that?". It's like sometimes he isn't in control of his arm, kinda like my golf swing

gr8slayer
09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Like most QB's in the league; when he has a good game, he's not really as good as the fan base makes him out to be, and when he as a bad game, he's not really as bad as the fan base makes him out to be. The guy is a 3rd-tier QB, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can win games with a QB like that, the rest of the team just needs to show up every week.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Like most QB's in the league; when he has a good game, he's not really as good as the fan base makes him out to be, and when he as a bad game, he's not really as bad as the fan base makes him out to be. The guy is a 3rd-tier QB, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can win games with a QB like that, the rest of the team just needs to show up every week.

Fitzpatrick stinks.

BillsFever21
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM

So basically you're saying you can win in spite of a QB of his caliber. That means that the rest of the team has to be firing on all cylinders for that to happen. All you can hope for is that he doesn't lose games for you if that's the case. Unfortunately we're not at that level. Spiller looks like he should be good but there is no way he will keep up this pace. Eventually our opponents are going to gang up on him and make Fitzpatrick beat him to clear any room for him to run. The majority of games he will fail that test and throw 2-4 horrible INT's in the process. We also don't have a good enough defense to go along with all of the above.

This is a QB driven league now with all the rule changes. The Ravens winning the SB with Trent Dilfer are a thing of the past. All of the recent SB winning teams had Top 10 QB's in the league. Even if you still could we don't have close to the defense the Ravens had and at least Dilfer didn't lose games for you. He managed the games and didn't lose them for the Ravens. Their SB run is also and exception and not the rule.

It all depends on what your definition of winning is. If you have a great running game and defense with a crappy QB then you could win enough games to make the playoffs. If you're looking for a team that can contend in the playoffs and have a chance to win a SB that will never happen with a QB like Fitzpatrick. He turns the ball over way too much and doesn't have enough consistent games to give you a shot every week. He has enough bad games that can guarantee you 4 losses or so every year though when he goes on his turnover spree. That doesn't leave you much room for error the rest of the season and you need to be damn near perfect the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

PTI
09-19-2012, 02:45 PM
looks like PTI won't be posting here this week.

Too busy, flew from Atlanta to go to the Bills game, and flew back to Atlanta and went to the Falcons Monday night game.

Fitz is still the 19th rated QB and only 5 starting QBs have a lower completion percentage, he still is very terrible and will lead the Bills no where. Biggest issue with the Bills 7 years running, or since Losman took over, is the QB spot, and nothing at all has changed with Fitz. He is a dreadful starting NFL QB.

justasportsfan
09-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Too busy, flew from Atlanta to go to the Bills game, and flew back to Atlanta and went to the Falcons Monday night game.

Fitz is still the 19th rated QB and only 5 starting QBs have a lower completion percentage, he still is very terrible and will lead the Bills no where. Biggest issue with the Bills 7 years running, or since Losman took over, is the QB spot, and nothing at all has changed with Fitz. He is a dreadful starting NFL QB.

he leads TD count. that must piss you off.

Ed
09-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Another week in the books and Fitz is still tied for #1 in TD passes with 8. Matt Ryan and Big Ben have 8 also. His QB rating is up to 95.2, which puts him 12th overall right now. It would be nice to see him bring his completion percentage up, but two weeks in a row with no INT's is great. I don't think he did that last year. It's too bad he got credited with a sack on that questionable fumble, but that's just a flukey play probably due to wet weather.

So can Fitz keep up the TD production and limit the INT's going forward?

PTI
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
How many passes did he actually throw and complete that were over 6 yards? Maybe 4. The Bills high school offense reminds me of Jauron, you really need the other team to make mistakes, you need lots of missed tackles and need guys to make the 1 yard catches and somehow make something out of nothing. We can give Fitz credit, there is a big fat 0 under his stat line for Interceptions, but it doesn't mean there could not have been about 4 that game including a few for pick 6 he got away with.

I like winning, so today is a real good day.

Skooby
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
How many passes did he actually throw and complete that were over 6 yards? Maybe 4. The Bills high school offense reminds me of Jauron, you really need the other team to make mistakes, you need lots of missed tackles and need guys to make the 1 yard catches and somehow make something out of nothing. We can give Fitz credit, there is a big fat 0 under his stat line for Interceptions, but it doesn't mean there could not have been about 4 that game including a few for pick 6 he got away with.

I like winning, so today is a real good day.

Winning is where it's at.

justasportsfan
09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
We can give Fitz credit, there is a big fat 0 under his stat line for Interceptions, but it doesn't mean there could not have been about 4 that game including a few for pick 6 he got away with.

OMG, would'a could'a should'a INTs is now a stat line? :lmao:

you telling everyone how they don't know football is making you look like the one who actually doesn't know what you're talking about. Fitz is not elite. We all knew that.

Ed
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey look, it's everyone's favorite thread! Guess who's still leading the league in TD passes?

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
he's also tied for most INT's.

Sigh. Is it too much to ask for an Alex Smith type of game. DOn't turn the ball over. I guess without a running game as a weapon, it's too much to ask.