PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Toronto deal

Joebuffalowins
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/boooooooooooooo.html

Not sure if you guys saw, but it looks like they are adding 3 more regular season games to the Toronto deal.

MidnightVoice
09-17-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120916/SPORTS/120919253/1004

Today's NFL column comes from the Prepare for Reality Department regarding Bills games in Toronto.

Expect there to be more of them in the regular season.........

Eight regular-season games over five years? A 2-1-2-1-2 scenario? Don't be surprised if it ends up something like that, give or take a game. .........

Johnny Bugmenot
09-17-2012, 12:50 PM

Not sure if you guys saw, but it looks like they are adding 3 more regular season games to the Toronto deal. If the Toronto people had their way they'd be adding 3 more regular season games each YEAR to the deal. At the rate they're going they could very well get that request...

imbondz
09-17-2012, 12:52 PM
if it means keeping the Bills in Buffalo, i'm fine with it. it sucks, but the fear and reality of possibly moving is worse torture.

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 12:54 PM
2 would suck....

Maybe Buffalo should get it's **** together.

JoeMama
09-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Probably the greatest thing Jason Peters ever said during his tenure in Buffalo.

After a "home" loss in Toronto, Peters was asked if he wanted to comment about the fans in Toronto.

"Yeah. Thanks for nothing!"

There's no real sense that we're "at home" in Toronto as you have this smattering of NFL fans with no real investment in the game other than to pound 50 drinks before the end of the third quarter.

No 12th man for the Bills in the great white north.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2012, 01:38 PM
If they want to add the three games in december to toronto, I'm fine with that as long as the Bills stay in buffalo. I hate going to the december games anyway. I always have to get firewood ready and wear my snowmobile suit. Season tickets will be less too.

MikeNC
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Maybe I don't have a right to say anything about this but I am anyway....I think it sucks, period. I moved away from BUF about sixteen years ago for employment puposes, but I will forever be a Bills fan as long as they stay in BUF. I was all set to watch the game on CBS yesterday but NO, I got stuck watching the Panthers instead vs NO, high seventies, light drizzle, stadium half empty...Fair weather fans at best, finally I see the Bills on Red Zone, stadium looks freakin packed..You all have been probably the loyalist fans in the NFL, the most craziest fans around and what do you get, home games in Toronto....I live in a city where they sip wine from dixie cups and nibble on cheese cubes, and can't fill a stadium, and Buffalo fans are the most passionate and get screwed with home games in Canada, that sucks...I really hate it for all of you guys..I really do..

Mike

ckg927
09-17-2012, 02:52 PM
The rap on having Bills games in Toronto has always been that they could never get a full house(or close to it)unless Rogers Communications papered the Rogers Centre with free or reduced ducats.

With the NHL now in lockout mode for God knows how long, MAYBE Rogers won't have to resort to pulling that trick.

Mouldsie
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I was all for the Toronto Series at 1x per year but a timeshare situation would not be cool.... but the reality is it may be what saves them from leaving for good unless drastic changes occur.

Michael82
09-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Maybe it's time for Bills fans to finally stop hating on the Toronto deal and accept it. The Bills have no choice, especially when they are only selling 43,000 season tickets. That's pathetic! Where the hell were all the fans that were getting excited about their offseason? Put your money where your mouth is.

Oh and like I said, giving Toronto 2 home games a year may be the only thing keeping them in Western NY. So why not help make it a home field advantage? Sure they dont have true tailgating up there, but they have a big official Buffalo Bills tailgate party like they have at the Ralph. And they also have lots of bars/restaurants nearby that you can go to and have a few beers and some food before the game. All you need is an enhanced license or a passport and you can travel up to Canada. It's not that far from Buffalo either. So why not go and support the team? Give it! Fighting it wont help.

Michael82
09-17-2012, 03:05 PM
I was all for the Toronto Series at 1x per year but a timeshare situation would not be cool.... but the reality is it may be what saves them from leaving for good unless drastic changes occur.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Originally I was all against the Toronto experiment and still think it's a big bust at those crazy prices. Now I realize it may be the one thing that actually keeps the team here. Why would a new owner want to move them away when the Bills have tapped into 3 major markets? Buffalo, Toronto and Rochester. They also have tapped into the Syracuse market before and show Bills games there.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
I watched the thursday night game on XS and watched the Canadian Bills commercials. They were calling them, Our nfl home team or something. I just hope these ****ers aren't trying to completely steal the Bills from us. I wouldn't mind 2 games a year going to Toronto. I would prefer they be December games.

YardRat
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Not too much of a coincidence that this comes out a week after it's announced the current lease talks are stalled and they're only looking at a one-year extension, IMO.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2012, 04:23 PM
anything to fill up The Old Farts tin cup. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe it's time for Bills fans to finally stop hating on the Toronto deal and accept it. The Bills have no choice, especially when they are only selling 43,000 season tickets. That's pathetic!

so is 12+ years of no playoffs. :birds:

Johnny Bugmenot
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
The rap on having Bills games in Toronto has always been that they could never get a full house(or close to it)unless Rogers Communications papered the Rogers Centre with free or reduced ducats.

With the NHL now in lockout mode for God knows how long, MAYBE Rogers won't have to resort to pulling that trick.
Keep in mind that Rogers initially hyperinflated the prices of those things, so if they reduce the prices, you're basically getting a standard-priced NFL ticket, still costing more than a typical Bills ticket.

Typ0
09-17-2012, 05:10 PM
is there a buyout on this contract with Toronto? I'm just curious ....

Ed
09-17-2012, 05:34 PM
So they're gonna spend hundreds of millions to renovate the Ralph just so we can play less games there and play more games in a baseball dome?

Mr. Pink
09-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Putting more games in Toronto makes it even harder for someone to move the team when Ralph passes on.

It's kind of lame that it's being done in one way, but good in another.

Michael82
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Putting more games in Toronto makes it even harder for someone to move the team when Ralph passes on.

Exactly!

YardRat
09-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Doubt it. There's probably an 'out' clause in the agreement.

gr8slayer
09-17-2012, 07:34 PM
As long as the Bills stay in Buffalo, I've got nothing wrong with this. Even a few games a year in Buffalo is better than no games in Buffalo.

Michael82
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
As long as the Bills stay in Buffalo, I've got nothing wrong with this. Even a few games a year in Buffalo is better than no games in Buffalo.

Not a few! The most I would ever give up is 3 or 4. I want at least half, plus all postseason games, played at Ralph Wilson Stadium or somewhere in Buffalo/Orchard Park.

better days
09-18-2012, 07:40 AM

Not sure if you guys saw, but it looks like they are adding 3 more regular season games to the Toronto deal.

See WHAT? NOTHING to see but unfounded SPECULATION by you.

PromoTheRobot
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
How many tickets to games late in the season have you bought?

PTR