FJ is great trade bait, would you do it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

FJ is great trade bait, would you do it ?

We need help at LB / WR, would you trade Fred Jackson for a ready to go player ?
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Re: FJ is great trade bait, would you do it ?

How is a 30+ RB with a history of leg injuries and a generous contract trade bait?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
      How is a 30+ RB with a history of leg injuries and a generous contract trade bait?
      He lead the league last season in all-purpose yards before being hurt, I see him as a valuable commodity for a contending team.

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        He lead the league last season in all-purpose yards before being hurt, I see him as a valuable commodity for a contending team.
        I doubt a GM in the league agrees.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jun 2003

Gotta go with ES on this one, brah...we give him an inflated sense of value since he's one of ours--but age and injuries look unattractive to a prospective trade partner
          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

I'll reiterate the same thing I just did in another post. The best chance we had to trade Jackson was in the offseason if we were to get any value for him. You're not going to get much if anything for a 31 year old RB coming off a 2nd injury in his first game back from a season ending leg injury the prior season. Especially one that just got a substantial raise.

Since we didn't explore it before the draft and then didn't wait to play out the season and see how he returned from injury before giving him a contract extension then we might as well keep him now but he needs to be the backup. He could still serve a good role as backup getting 10 touches a game but there is no way he better be the starter after he returns. It's time to pass the torch to Spiller. If he can't handle being a backup then you may look into it but the best you're going to get is maybe a 6th round pick or something on a conditional basis depending on playing time and stats.

Considering all of the above he is worth more to us in a backup role to Spiller. His value would be higher then some late draft pick or marginal player. The Bills jumped the gun on giving him more money and we have to live with it now. I like Jackson and he has been a great player and been a stand up professional during his time here but it was still a mistake giving him more money without waiting to see how he came back from injury. It was mostly done out of respect to his previous production and not his future production.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I disagree...to a team that feels that they are a dynamic RB away from a legitimate shot at winning the SB, FJ would be an extremely attractive option. He has had a couple of unfortunate injuries in back to back games played, but is still a great complete back. I wouldn't trade him though...with Fitz's limitations running CJ and Fred as much as possible seems like the best laid plan to getting into the playoffs.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

And a contending team is going to trade us a starting caliber player? Not likely, we'd be lucky to land a 3rd Rounder for Freddie but more likely a 4th or 5th.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Yeah BEFORE being hurt...and then getting hurt again in his first game back from that injury. His value plummeted after that in a league where most offenses are based around the QB and the majority of teams see a RB as a dime a dozen player. Before them injuries even with his production his value wouldn't have been great just because of his age. Maybe a 4th round draft pick. Add in a 2nd injury his first game back to a 31 year old who just received a big money extension and his value is next to nothing now. Somebody might be willing to trade a 6th for him or for another player with a higher salary that you would be willing to take on to offset his contract.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Fitz is Fitz even with whatever WR prospect you want to trade for. FJ should retire a Bill. BF21 is also mistaken in alluding the two injuries he had are related.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

We need help at LB / WR, would you trade Fred Jackson for a ready to go player ?
                      No.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                        Fitz is Fitz even with whatever WR prospect you want to trade for. FJ should retire a Bill. BF21 is also mistaken in alluding the two injuries he had are related.
                        I never said they were the same injury or this other one had to do with his other one. Pointing out the facts that he had a season ending leg injury last year and in his first game back he injured his knee. That's a 2nd injury in his first game back as a 31 year old RB. There isn't any GM who would give anything of value for him if the poster thought we could trade him. We would get more value out of him as a backup RB now then we could with any trade after the two injuries.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

He wouldn't have much, if any, value right now.

He's coming off a second lengthy injury in a month.

Trading him now would get you all of like a conditional 6th.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Big part in.locker room and great depth

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• clumping platelets

Keep Freddie......we need the depth

Comment

Working...
                              X