PDA

View Full Version : Bills Perfect in Red Zone

Ed
09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I just saw this at bb.com thanks to Chris Brown. I didn't realize that the Bills are a perfect 5 for 5 scoring TD's in the red zone.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/09/17/bills-rank-1-in-nfl-in-a-few-categories/

The King
09-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Let's stay focused this week, but the real test is coming up. Are we a good football team or did we just beat an inferior one?

Generalissimus Gibby
09-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Let's stay focused this week, but the real test is coming up. Are we a good football team or did we just beat an inferior one?

I think its a bit of both. I think our D is better than they showed against New Jersey Green (yes they allowed 34 points against the Jets (the punt return and pick six were not allowed by them) but half of those thirty four points were produced in Jets drives that began near mid field and were the fault of the DBs) but maybe not as good as they displayed against the Chiefs (Matt Cassell in many regards is an even more lousy qb than Fitzpatrick). My hope for this team is that they go 4-4 in the first half of the year without being bitten by the injury bug because that would prime us for a second half run that could allow us to get a winning season or even a playoff birth. The key for the first half of this season is to beat Cleveland, win at least one of the two games in the NFC West road trip (I think we can beat Arizona even though they beat New England), and not look lost against New England and San Fran.

ParanoidAndroid
09-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Cool, now we just need to get into the Red Zone more often.

imbondz
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
This stat gets me excited. The beginning of last season our Red Zone percentage was through the roof too. It's night and day from where we were 5-6 years ago when just getting a field goal in the red zone was like pulling teeth.