PDA

View Full Version : Overall Nothing to Giddy About the Bills - Yet

ghz in pittsburgh
09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
We beat a bad team and is going to face another bad one. We lost a game that most expected us to lose, though not that badly.

The famous saying is that it takes 4 games to see what kind of team you have. So far we are not sure.

I said before that despite the additions we made on defense, it's going to take some time to adjust to new players and the new scheme. I do, however, expect them to get better as the season goes along, especially the secondary. But there will be some more difficult games to watch along the way.

I don't know if the offense will reach the heights they did at the beginning of last year. Teams seem to know Fitz better and have general idea how to defend Gailey's system and we really don't have super talent on receiver end to compensate for QB deficiency. So far, Spiller's unexpected arrival has given the Bills a lift. Both the Jets and the Chiefs had no answer for him. The Browns will surely take him very seriously and have the talent in front 7 to contain him. But it may not be until the 49er's game before teams get a handle on how to defend him.

Remeber last year we started out by beating the same Chiefs on the road and two winning teams at home. Even the two lossses are of the one score variety.

The real measurements starts in two weeks.

HAMMER
09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks Dad.

Buffalogic
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Why did you waste time posting this?

BillsOwnAll
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
How can you call yourself a bills fan and not be giddy about last sunday...even if your only giddy for a few more weeks...better to be a little giddy then no giddy at all!

ENJOY THE WINS...ITS ALLOWED!

TigerJ
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think we've seen the Bills play nearly to their potential yet. The offensive line has been solid for two games, the defensive line got fairly close to it's potential on Sunday, and CJ Spiller seems to be just hitting his stride, but there are a lot of players who aren't there yet. That's what makes me giddy. I think for teams to be able to shut down the running game they will really have to stuff the box. That's when Fitzpatrick is going to have to step up and prove Fitzskeptics like me wrong, and put the team on his shoulders. We'll see if he can do it.

JoeMama
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
We need Larry David to join BFZ and tell us to curb our enthusiasm.

It's the Chiefs.

We own the Chiefs.

I think we'll make the playoffs but it's a difficult road ahead.

The scrappy Browns (who always beat us in nail biters), the Pats (owned us for 8 years), two west coast games, followed by the Titans (another scrappy team that always beats us).

Don't start taking stuff for granted. Yet.

DrGraves
09-18-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm a little nervous about Cleveland for two reasons: 1. its a road game 2. we always play down to clevelands level

JoeMama
09-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Remember the blizzard game? Remember Lindell's choke job?

Cleveland is a trap game (like gebobs said).

Even for a 1-1 team.

BertSquirtgum
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
We beat a bad team and is going to face another bad one. We lost a game that most expected us to lose, though not that badly.

The famous saying is that it takes 4 games to see what kind of team you have. So far we are not sure.

I said before that despite the additions we made on defense, it's going to take some time to adjust to new players and the new scheme. I do, however, expect them to get better as the season goes along, especially the secondary. But there will be some more difficult games to watch along the way.

I don't know if the offense will reach the heights they did at the beginning of last year. Teams seem to know Fitz better and have general idea how to defend Gailey's system and we really don't have super talent on receiver end to compensate for QB deficiency. So far, Spiller's unexpected arrival has given the Bills a lift. Both the Jets and the Chiefs had no answer for him. The Browns will surely take him very seriously and have the talent in front 7 to contain him. But it may not be until the 49er's game before teams get a handle on how to defend him.

Remeber last year we started out by beating the same Chiefs on the road and two winning teams at home. Even the two lossses are of the one score variety.

The real measurements starts in two weeks.

Pittsburgh sucks.

Philagape
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Why did you waste time posting this?

Why do any of us waste time here?
Reading your one-line response was a bigger waste of time than the OP. GHZ is one of the better posters here and has earned my time.

The Toe Show
09-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Well I think a lot of fans have forgotten how much Fitz Struggled in the first half.

He had a stretch after he missed Chandler where he was scrambling around like a scared QB, and missing targets.

This is a problema, we need Fitz to have thick skin - and that's two weeks in a row where he's lost his cool.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
The season is young. Welcome to the best roller coaster ride on the Planet. :lol: Go Bills.