PDA

View Full Version : I'll believe in Spiller, when he...

stuckincincy
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
...bulls over an linebacker and gets 3 more yards. When he swivels back and cold-***** a lb storming to the qb. When he comes back into a play with ready hands to rescue a harried passer. When he's the go-to guy on 3rd and inches.

justasportsfan
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
as long as he keeps playing like he did the 1st 2 games, I'll believe him.

DBrown77
09-19-2012, 03:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Ed
09-19-2012, 03:29 PM
...bulls over an linebacker and gets 3 more yards. When he swivels back and cold-***** a lb storming to the qb. When he comes back into a play with ready hands to rescue a harried passer. When he's the go-to guy on 3rd and inches.
Yeah because he's really been struggling to gain extra yards and pick up first downs.

Luisito23
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
No wonder you're stuck in Cincy.

Pinkerton Security
09-19-2012, 03:36 PM
WHO CARES. Shut your pie hole.

Oaf
09-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Fred Jackson is awesome.

BillsWin
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Really? I'll believe in him if he keeps rushing well, puts points on the board and we win games.

Crisis
09-19-2012, 03:43 PM
So I guess 10 YPC isn't enough for you.

TigerJ
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
...bulls over an linebacker and gets 3 more yards. When he swivels back and cold-***** a lb storming to the qb. When he comes back into a play with ready hands to rescue a harried passer. When he's the go-to guy on 3rd and inches.While it's possible that Spiller may do some of those things sometimes, I don't really think the team even wants him to play like a fullback. Yes, he should be able to block, but being a smaller back his block may consist of getting in the way of an onrushing monster linebacker instead of decking the guy. From my perspective, it appears as if he's doing everything asked of him, and more, and I'll be happy if he just keeps doing it.

Figster
09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
So I guess 10 YPC isn't enough for you.

hehe, what he said! (plus scored 3 TD's)

jamesiscool
09-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Well, this is what happens when you're a bills fan, we praise mediocrity but when someone has an ELITE two weeks they still suck. Maybe we'll start giving the ball to choice more, think Shaud Williams is looking for work?

Get over it. The dude puts points on the board. Be happy.

GingerP
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure how you could watch him and not appreciate one of the most electric talents in the NFL. Who cares if he bowls over guys, he is a different kind of back. He makes them miss, and breaks long runs. He catches the ball like a receiver. He is a big-play waiting to happen.

Over his last 8 games, playing full time because of Jackson getting hurt, Spiller has 115 carries for 738 yards (6.4 YPC) and 6 TD. He also caught another 29 passes for 259 yards (8.9 YPR) and 2 TDs. In half a season. That projects to about 2,000 total yards from scrimmage and 16 TDs over a full season.

braddavery
09-19-2012, 05:29 PM
So you'll believe in him when he becomes a different running back? I don't understand. Leading the league in rushing yards isn't good enough for you?

The Toe Show
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
When he averages 10 yards per carry over two games.

Now that you know where i stand...FEED THE MAN.

SquishDaFish
09-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow what a worthless piece of **** thread this was

sqad5
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I think there should be a voting system in the forums for people who post **** like this.
Should be right under there name big ole title.
stuckincincy
1.crappy poster
2.etc
3.etc
4.pussy

kishoph
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/398504_10150502895018605_337541338604_8820197_733039828_n_zps8d8edd5f.jpg

stuckincincy
09-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure how you could watch him and not appreciate one of the most electric talents in the NFL. Who cares if he bowls over guys, he is a different kind of back. He makes them miss, and breaks long runs. He catches the ball like a receiver. He is a big-play waiting to happen.

Over his last 8 games, playing full time because of Jackson getting hurt, Spiller has 115 carries for 738 yards (6.4 YPC) and 6 TD. He also caught another 29 passes for 259 yards (8.9 YPR) and 2 TDs. In half a season. That projects to about 2,000 total yards from scrimmage and 16 TDs over a full season.

And the BUF record over that span? IIRC, he has at least 8 starts. This year, team got blown off the map in game #1 by a club that many here decried as dirt, then pummeled a so-so club. That's the way the league is.

I'm not ready to anoint him, yet. I'll wait and see how the upcoming opposition factors him into their defensive plans. And it's good to say that he is a player to plan against.

And to all you tribal knee jerks out there - not saying that to you, Ginger - I will continue to take a wait-and-see stance on Spiller. I've seen tons of these spiff. flash runners come and go through the years. If Spiller melts my skepticism, I will be pleased.

Mahdi
09-19-2012, 07:07 PM

I'd rather see him run around someone for an extra 10 yards then run over them for 3.

Jeff1220
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
When he averages 10 yards per carry over two games.

Now that you know where i stand...FEED THE MAN.

Is this Rex Ryan's alias on the BZ?

Bill Cody
09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
...bulls over an linebacker and gets 3 more yards. No. That's dumb

When he swivels back and cold-***** a lb storming to the qb. Also dumb

When he comes back into a play with ready hands to rescue a harried passer. He can do this now

When he's the go-to guy on 3rd and inches. 4 statements, 3 of them dumb. Congratulations. We didn't draft Spiller in the top 10 to become something he's not built to do and has never done. His idol should be Barry Sanders not Larry Csonka.

YardRat
09-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Jesus H Christ. Why don't you just throw in 2500 yards rushing and 35 TD's for giggles?

stuckincincy
09-19-2012, 08:27 PM
No. That's dumb

Also dumb

He can do this now

4 statements, 3 of them dumb. Congratulations. We didn't draft Spiller in the top 10 to become something he's not built to do and has never done. His idol should be Barry Sanders not Larry Csonka.

If you want a response from me, knock off the ad hominen garbage. It colors your argument.

justasportsfan
09-19-2012, 09:06 PM
And the BUF record over that span? IIRC, he has at least 8 starts. This year, team got blown off the map in game #1 by a club that many here decried as dirt,

thats not his fault. Why are you finding fault in the brightest spot of the team? Blast Mario, fitz or even Freddie if you want, but spiller has played better than any of them.

stuckincincy
09-19-2012, 09:29 PM
thats not his fault. Why are you finding fault in the brightest spot of the team? Blast Mario, fitz or even Freddie if you want, but spiller has played better than any of them.

Indeed. I merely advocate against setting up Spiller like an erstwhile Baal.

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2012, 09:52 PM

This post is a ******.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
There are running backs who use power. Bettis. Curtis Martin.

There are RBs that use speed and elusiveness. Sanders did not run over people. Simpson did not.

There is no reason why Spiller, with his style, needs to run people over

better days
09-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Yeah, Like Barry Sanders bulled over LBs & did all the rest of that crap.

You are a just troll that is not a Bills fan & just starts up STUPID threads to get a rise from REAL Bills fans.

jimmifli
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Is this like those you know you're a redneck jokes?

I'll believe in Spiller, when he...
goes to Coe College.

mightysimi
09-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure Chicago believes in Forte but they still went and got Bush.

madness
09-19-2012, 11:54 PM
...when he scores 50 points for my FFL team...every single quarter.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2012, 06:38 AM
It is funny how many people have to hold some sort of ridiculous grudge against players. I am not sure what you can do to change it, since you are stuck and all, but why even waste time and energy not believing in CJ? If you have rooted for the Bills, turn on the TV and see what he does every week.

He is not the Easter Bunny, there is no need to believe in him or not believe in him. He is a kid who has some tremendous athletic ability who the football team that you like (or at least claim to) drafted. I am pretty sure you have a limited voice in the personel decisions on this team, so why not just let go, and let CJ?

The best part about this is that the kid works his ass off, but for some reason you will never even allow yourself the opportunity to just watch him play. You have dug in and are doubling down because your marketing ploy looked foolish after Week 1. So now you get to sit there and pick at him...a guy who will never know you from Adam...and try to prove your weak-sauce-theory correct.

There has got to be an easier way, brother. Don't worry about the Week 1 thing. Don't worry if your wrong. We all make mistakes and say things that end up being incorrect...it is part of being human. There is no need to feel that you have been intellectually compromised by people who are happy that CJ has played a couple good games, and you thought you were out ahead of it by jumping on the conspiracy marketing ploy idea.

Like the great philosopher Dave Mason once said: "There ain't no good guys...there ain't no bad guys."

Remember not to skip smile practice today.

Mahdi
09-20-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Chicago believes in Forte but they still went and got Bush.

Because they also believe in having more than one running back who can produce. They also believe in injuries.

justasportsfan
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Indeed. I merely advocate against setting up Spiller like an erstwhile Baal.

no ones saying he's the next Thurman Thomas just yet. We all know the problem with this team is consistency.

MikeInRoch
09-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I'll believe in stuckincincy, when he....

... stops making stupid threads.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
It is funny how many people have to hold some sort of ridiculous grudge against players. I am not sure what you can do to change it, since you are stuck and all, but why even waste time and energy not believing in CJ? If you have rooted for the Bills, turn on the TV and see what he does every week.

He is not the Easter Bunny, there is no need to believe in him or not believe in him. He is a kid who has some tremendous athletic ability who the football team that you like (or at least claim to) drafted. I am pretty sure you have a limited voice in the personel decisions on this team, so why not just let go, and let CJ?

The best part about this is that the kid works his ass off, but for some reason you will never even allow yourself the opportunity to just watch him play. You have dug in and are doubling down because your marketing ploy looked foolish after Week 1. So now you get to sit there and pick at him...a guy who will never know you from Adam...and try to prove your weak-sauce-theory correct.

There has got to be an easier way, brother. Don't worry about the Week 1 thing. Don't worry if your wrong. We all make mistakes and say things that end up being incorrect...it is part of being human. There is no need to feel that you have been intellectually compromised by people who are happy that CJ has played a couple good games, and you thought you were out ahead of it by jumping on the conspiracy marketing ploy idea.

Like the great philosopher Dave Mason once said: "There ain't no good guys...there ain't no bad guys."

Remember not to skip smile practice today.

Stop playing with innuendo. You will have to visit a doctor sooner or later.

Bottom line...Me: Somebody disagrees with me - fine. I don't fling insults unless they are flung my way first. You: Read the previous sentence until it sinks in.

:bigwave:

Philagape
09-20-2012, 08:30 AM
He's getting first downs and touchdowns, but you'd rather have certain style points.

There is a time when old-school just becomes old.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 09:12 AM
He's getting first downs and touchdowns, but you'd rather have certain style points.

There is a time when old-school just becomes old.

You might have missed my post about how I was pleased about his production. And there is nothing old school about having a running back that blocks. I need not remind anyone that Spiller detractors were rife here, some who suddenly discovered religion on the basis of his performance against a fair NY team and and a KC club that is beginning to look like a train wreck in the making.

14 games left. BUF has bolted out of the gate and grabbed the early lead twice in the past few seasons. How can one not be skeptical ???

Philagape
09-20-2012, 09:23 AM
You might have missed my post about how I was pleased about his production.

I guess so, and I still can't find it. Which post was that?

Dr. Lecter
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I talked to some of my black friends and they were all satisfied with Spiller's play and style of play.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I guess so, and I still can't find it. Which post was that?

Not sure - one of the two Spiller threads I started.

However, you are one up over me in the zinger tally - you caught me last month with a misspelling error while I was commenting on another posters' misspelling.

:cheers:

jdaltroy5
09-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Man, I love Cordy Glenn, but I would believe in him more if he was better at kicking field goals.

kishoph
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Man, I love Cordy Glenn, but I would believe in him more if he was better at kicking field goals.

When he throws for more than 300 yards, then we can talk.

SquishDaFish
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Stop playing with innuendo. You will have to visit a doctor sooner or later.

Bottom line...Me: Somebody disagrees with me - fine. I don't fling insults unless they are flung my way first. You: Read the previous sentence until it sinks in.

:bigwave:

The only one in this thread that need a doctor is you. But I dont think that would even help you

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
The only one in this thread that need a doctor is you. But I dont think that would even help you

If you have a comment on Spiller, fine.

But I didn't see such. So I'll play along with your raison d'être.

"I think your avatar is a current picture of you with a superimposed NE logo".

Also...pay attention to proper punctuation when you post.

The last buffalo fan
09-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I talked to some of my black friends and they were all satisfied with Spiller's play and style of play.

Thurm doesn't count!

braddavery
09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
If you have a comment on Spiller, fine.

But I didn't see such. So I'll play along with your raison d'être.

"I think your avatar is a current picture of you with a superimposed NE logo".

Also...pay attention to proper punctuation when you post.

Why should we listen to you? Talk to us when you are the President of the United States.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Why should we listen to you? Talk to us when you are the President of the United States.

You are awarded a Trophy for Participating ! You certainly added nothing to the subject at hand. Right?

SABURZFAN
09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
kind of hard to say anything negative about Spiller from what i've seen.

SABURZFAN
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM

i talked to my Mexicans friends about Spiller's play and i couldn't understand a ******* word. :mad:

braddavery
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I have hit rock bottom, yet continue to dig.

Ain't that the truth. Tell us more about how the league leading rusher needs to improve by incorporating a running style he has never used in his entire career as a football player. It's fascinating.

Buffalogic
09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Why are there so many ******ed threads sprouting up?? What's happening here?

SquishDaFish
09-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Why are there so many ******ed threads sprouting up?? What's happening here?

Tell me about it. Its getting pathetic

GingerP
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I read today that Fred Jackson is healing faster than expected. He is already working on the side with trainers.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Fred comes back. He is a good player, but it is hard to imagine him getting his old job back given the big-play dimension Spiller has added to the team. It seems like their roles should be switched, with Spiller as the lead back and Jackson spelling him. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Figster
09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I read today that Fred Jackson is healing faster than expected. He is already working on the side with trainers.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Fred comes back. He is a good player, but it is hard to imagine him getting his old job back given the big-play dimension Spiller has added to the team. It seems like their roles should be switched, with Spiller as the lead back and Jackson spelling him. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm a huge fan of FJ,

but averaging over 10 yards a carry , leads the league in rushing, 3 TD's in two games, man you can't mess with that,

keep on giving CJ Spiller the football, and let him keep on, keeping on! MERCY!!!

Mike
09-20-2012, 05:18 PM

Hes not a power back. Hes a speed demon.
What he does, is predicated on speed not power.

Night Train
09-21-2012, 05:56 AM
When he puts on 60 lbs. and becomes Jerome Bettis ?

I take him for what he is. A blazing fast RB who has learned to set up his blockers and explode off their shoulder. Plus he has very good hands for receiving.

The guy has obviously worked hard to improve himself. I admire the hell out of the guy for his effort.

Jimbuktu
09-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Well, this is what happens when you're a bills fan, we praise mediocrity but when someone has an ELITE two weeks they still suck. Maybe we'll start giving the ball to choice more, think Shaud Williams is looking for work?

Get over it. The dude puts points on the board. Be happy.

bwahahahhaha! Shaud Williams!

Bill Cody
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
If you want a response from me, knock off the ad hominen garbage. It colors your argument.

I don't need a response from you. Your thread is garbage and you have been owned. Dismissed.

The last buffalo fan
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
i talked to my Mexicans friends about Spiller's play and i couldn't understand a ******* word. :mad:

Mucha cerveza? :idunno:

I'll believe in Spiller when come to my place with the Lombardi's trophy in one hand and a Negra Modelo six pack in the other singing Cielito Lindo, that's it.