X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

A MUST WIN GAME

I enjoy listening to the opposing teams podcasts just before & after we play them. Last week before the game the Chiefs said this game against the Bills is a MUST WIN for the Chiefs. They said the Chiefs had tough games to play AFTER the Bills game & the Chiefs were a BETTER team than the Bills. They expected & predicted a Chiefs win. AFTER the game, they were talking about which players on that "better" team needed to be cut & which FA's should be picked up.

This week, the Browns fans are calling this game a MUST WIN for the Browns. They say the Browns have tough games to play AFTER the Bills game. Also, Fitz & Stevie are not in the same class as Dalton & Green who the Browns played tough but lost to.

Deja vu all over again.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: A MUST WIN GAME

Protect the football and you beat Cleveland.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
      This week, the Browns fans are calling this game a MUST WIN for the Browns. They say the Browns have tough games to play AFTER the Bills game. Also, Fitz & Stevie are not in the same class as Dalton & Green who the Browns played tough but lost to.
      Probably so. Hopefully the Bills will not be relying on either of them and focus on Spiller who is better than BG-E.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

I enjoy listening to the opposing teams podcasts just before & after we play them. Last week before the game the Chiefs said this game against the Bills is a MUST WIN for the Chiefs. They said the Chiefs had tough games to play AFTER the Bills game & the Chiefs were a BETTER team than the Bills. They expected & predicted a Chiefs win. AFTER the game, they were talking about which players on that "better" team needed to be cut & which FA's should be picked up.

Deja vu all over again.
        It will be interesting to see how BUFs' OL holds out against the Browns DL. The had a pretty easy time pouring through CIN's revamped middle last week.

They ran a ton of play-action. Weeden did well with that, and pretty much forced CIN away from blitzes and held up the interior rush. Richardson did ok - 109 yards, with a 32 yard highlight reel jaunt. He ran between the tackles several times, with little effect. Which was the expected result with the play-action causing CIN's DL to hold up a bit.

Cb Haden sits out on suspension, returning week 5 AFAIK - CLE's secondary was so-so at best.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Run the football and you beat Cleveland. I remember how bad those Jauron defenses were against the run. Pathetically terrible.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Deja vu all over again.
            Interestingly, Bills fans are calling this game a MUST WIN for the Bills. We say the Bills have tough games to play AFTER the Browns game. We expect and predict a Bills win.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              Interestingly, Bills fans are calling this game a MUST WIN for the Bills. We say the Bills have tough games to play AFTER the Browns game. We expect and predict a Bills win.
              A road game against a team that always plays the Bills tough. I would call it a nice win to get, but not a must win.

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

A road game against a team that always plays the Bills tough. I would call it a nice win to get, but not a must win.
                On the surface, I might agree that it isn't a must win... But... Look ahead a little:

The next 3 games after Cleveland: vs NE, @SF, @Arz. Also, throw in the fact that NE plays Baltimore this week.

If the Bills beat the Browns and the Ravens can knock off the Patriots, that puts the Bills a game ahead of NE, with next week being a home game against the Pats. The Bills win there, they'd be two games up on the Patriots and also hold the head to head tiebreaker. 1/4 of the way into the season, that would be HUGE.

If the Bills are going to make a serious run at the playoffs this year, the first order of business is to beat team that they should beat... I consider Cleveland to be one of those teams that they should beat... IMO, that makes this a Must-Win game.

-Bill

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                  • May 2003

To go into the pats game 2-1 vs 1-2 I think will be huge mentally for the team.
                  Send me some wings!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                    • Sep 2003

Let me know when we have an "okay-to-lose" game.

PTR
                    10 Commandments of the D
                    1. Never stop Rocking.
                    2. Legalize all drugs.
                    3. Quit your day job.
                    4. All Religion should be taxed.
                    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                    6. F**k her gently.
                    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

if the Bills lose this game, you might as well **** can the rest of this season. this is a team they SHOULD beat.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        My IQ Test results came back negative
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
                        Let me know when we have an "okay-to-lose" game.

PTR
                        When we're 14-1 and have home field locked up.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

Every year it seems we go from weeks 1-7 are all "MUST WIN" games, weeks 8-12 are "well, if these two teams lose and team X loses or ties we COULD make the playoffs", then weeks 13-17 are "lose for draft position!"
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

All we need to do is beat cleveland and then win one of the games between NE or SF, then beat the teams we are supposed to in ARI and TEN and we will be sitting very pretty when the bye comes around

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                              All we need to do is beat cleveland and then win one of the games between NE or SF, then beat the teams we are supposed to in ARI and TEN and we will be sitting very pretty when the bye comes around
                              That would be nice. CLE and ARI are coming off of decent outings, splitting with NE and SF would be quite something. If they can pull it off, your are right - sitting very pretty. I'm a bit worried about the CLE away game. They hung in on the road against a wounded CIN club. Six sacks on Dalton, 2 were his own fault..CLEs' DC correctly surmised that the CIN G-C-G interior was a rookie, and emergency C acquisition, and a 2nd year player. BUF's crew should do better.

CIN had no real answers to Weeden's play-action calls. Heads up to the BUF lb corps there. Another heads-up: Their runs tend to the right,

BUF needs to watch out for cheap shots. I get a steady diet of AFC North ball, and the CLE defense has played on the shady side for several years.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X