PDA

View Full Version : Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 League Picks

DonCanabis
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Here's my pick for tonight's game, the rest will be up Saturday at the latest.

New York Giants at Carolina Panthers 1.5 Ovr/Und 52
UPSET OF THE WEEK

This is pretty simple. The Giants have had back-to-back games when they've been dominated for most of the game, just to try to make a comeback in the end. In week one it did not work, but they managed to achieve it the following week. They have big problems with their secondary, and they will be without two of their premier players: Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw. The Panthers are coming from a victory against the division rival Saints. It's a short week, the Giants have key injuries, they have trouble getting into a roll early in games, and the Panthers have reestablished their running game. I'll take the home team.

Straight: CAR
Spread: CAR
Ovr/Und: UND

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Here's my pick for tonight's game, the rest will be up Saturday at the latest.

New York Giants at Carolina Panthers 1.5 Ovr/Und 52
UPSET OF THE WEEK
This is pretty simple. The Giants have had back-to-back games when they've been dominated for most of the game, just to try to make a comeback in the end. In week one it did not work, but they managed to achieve it the following week. They have big problems with their secondary, and they will be without two of their premier players: Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw. The Panthers are coming from a victory against the division rival Saints. It's a short week, the Giants have key injuries, they have trouble getting into a roll early in games, and the Panthers have reestablished their running game. I'll take the home team.

Thanks, Don..good read. I appreciate your opinions. Keep 'em coming!

Skooby
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Nice Don!!

gebobs
09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Fail. ;-)

I took the Panthers too in my pool.

TigerJ
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm glad I submitted my pickem choices before I read this prediction!

Buffalogic
09-21-2012, 06:44 PM
crash and burn. Go to sleep like cam in the presser

DrGraves
09-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I live in Charlotte about 2 minutes from the stadium... boy it's like Buffalo version 2.0 down here. Despite having an electric exciting young quarterback like Cam the fans couldn't be more down and pessimistic about their team. At least Buffalo has the best and most loyal fans on the planet, not to mention the best tailgate in the NFL.

gebobs
09-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I live in Charlotte about 2 minutes from the stadium... boy it's like Buffalo version 2.0 down here. Despite having an electric exciting young quarterback like Cam the fans couldn't be more down and pessimistic about their team. At least Buffalo has the best and most loyal fans on the planet, not to mention the best tailgate in the NFL.
Obviously, you missed the '82-'85 years. :-)

ServoBillieves
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm with ya on that Doc. I walked in to work yesterday and you would've thought every persons dog was hit by a car that morning. Even at Bailey's people were putting their Panthers stuff away at about halftime.