• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Report: Time Warner reaches deal to carry NFL Network/RedZone channel

NFL Said to Have Deal With Time Warner for NFL Network, RedZone
    By Scott Soshnick - Sep 21, 2012 10:40 AM ET

The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner (TWC) Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasn’t been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isn’t known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.
    The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels.

NFL Network airs 13 primetime regular-season games. RedZone is a game-day network that shows touchdowns and important plays inside the 20-yard line. NFL Network will carry the Cleveland Browns at the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 27.

Time Warner spokeswoman Maureen Huff declined to comment. NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy and Dan Masonson didn’t immediately return e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether an agreement had been reached.

To contact the reporter on this story: Scott Soshnick in New York at ssoshnick@bloomberg.net
    To contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Sillup at msillup@bloomberg.net

Also reported: NFL Network will be on Time Warner Cable's digital basic tier. NFL RedZone will be on the sports tier.

Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Report: Time Warner reaches deal to carry NFL Network/RedZone channel

Wow, that's huge news. I moved out of western NY a couple years ago into Comcast country and I love NFLN and RedZone.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Last I heard, the NFL wanted TW to nick every subscriber for $5 per month. Which is ridiculous...why should folks who don't give a rat's patoot about the NFL have to pay for those who do?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Why aren't the normal referees in the games yet? Right, because the NFL is run by greedy scum bags.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

Thought it would be a while before TW activated NFL Network, was very surprised its on already.

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
              Why aren't the normal referees in the games yet? Right, because the NFL is run by greedy scum bags.
              When your getting paid an average $175,000 a year for working part time and that's not enough for you, I don't think it's your employer that's the greedy one.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Just turned it on down here in Charlotte, was pretty ecited. Is red zone where they show every game on those 8 boxes and cut away when a team is about to score? IF that's the case I have no reason to go to the bar tomorrow...
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                  Just turned it on down here in Charlotte, was pretty ecited. Is red zone where they show every game on those 8 boxes and cut away when a team is about to score? IF that's the case I have no reason to go to the bar tomorrow...
                  I think what your describing is Gamemix, RedZone is the one with the talking head who tells you what's going on and then they cut into the games as teams approach the red zone etc.

Last edited by The Jokeman; 09-22-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

/jizzed.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                      When your getting paid an average $175,000 a year for working part time and that's not enough for you, I don't think it's your employer that's the greedy one.
                      Are you trying to tell me the nfl isn't run by greedy scum bags? That's laughable.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

It's about freaking time!

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Now Dish Network needs to add the NFL network to our package. They could replace one of the 200 shopping channels they have.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ajgoff1286
                            • Mar 2008

I'd recommend changing to Directv for everyone. I just got my first bill, and combined with internet from AT&T, my bill was $75.00. I was paying $30.00 more for time-warner with the same service.

Comment

• mightysimi
                              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                              • Mar 2010

Now if it would only be in HD... 9 billion dollars in revenue and we are watching block people.

Comment

Working...
                              X