PDA

View Full Version : Report: Time Warner reaches deal to carry NFL Network/RedZone channel

Coach Sal
09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
NFL Said to Have Deal With Time Warner for NFL Network, RedZone
By Scott Soshnick - Sep 21, 2012 10:40 AM ET

The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner (TWC) Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasn’t been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isn’t known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.
The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels.

NFL Network airs 13 primetime regular-season games. RedZone is a game-day network that shows touchdowns and important plays inside the 20-yard line. NFL Network will carry the Cleveland Browns at the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 27.

Time Warner spokeswoman Maureen Huff declined to comment. NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy and Dan Masonson didn’t immediately return e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether an agreement had been reached.

To contact the reporter on this story: Scott Soshnick in New York at ssoshnick@bloomberg.net
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Sillup at msillup@bloomberg.net

Also reported: NFL Network will be on Time Warner Cable's digital basic tier. NFL RedZone will be on the sports tier.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-21/nfl-said-to-have-deal-with-time-warner-for-nfl-network-redzone.html

THRILLHO
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Wow, that's huge news. I moved out of western NY a couple years ago into Comcast country and I love NFLN and RedZone.

stuckincincy
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Last I heard, the NFL wanted TW to nick every subscriber for $5 per month. Which is ridiculous...why should folks who don't give a rat's patoot about the NFL have to pay for those who do?

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Why aren't the normal referees in the games yet? Right, because the NFL is run by greedy scum bags.

clumping platelets
09-22-2012, 10:44 AM
:cp:

BADTHINGSMAN
09-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Thought it would be a while before TW activated NFL Network, was very surprised its on already.

kishoph
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Why aren't the normal referees in the games yet? Right, because the NFL is run by greedy scum bags.

When your getting paid an average $175,000 a year for working part time and that's not enough for you, I don't think it's your employer that's the greedy one.

ServoBillieves
09-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Just turned it on down here in Charlotte, was pretty ecited. Is red zone where they show every game on those 8 bo<cite></cite>xes and cut away when a team is about to score? IF that's the case I have no reason to go to the bar tomorrow...

The Jokeman
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Just turned it on down here in Charlotte, was pretty ecited. Is red zone where they show every game on those 8 bo<cite></cite>xes and cut away when a team is about to score? IF that's the case I have no reason to go to the bar tomorrow...

I think what your describing is Gamemix, RedZone is the one with the talking head who tells you what's going on and then they cut into the games as teams approach the red zone etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FbRptwVy9ms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slim
09-22-2012, 06:11 PM
/jizzed.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2012, 07:53 PM
When your getting paid an average $175,000 a year for working part time and that's not enough for you, I don't think it's your employer that's the greedy one.

Are you trying to tell me the nfl isn't run by greedy scum bags? That's laughable.

DynaPaul
09-22-2012, 07:53 PM
It's about freaking time!

TigerJ
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Now Dish Network needs to add the NFL network to our package. They could replace one of the 200 shopping channels they have.

ajgoff1286
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM
I'd recommend changing to Directv for everyone. I just got my first bill, and combined with internet from AT&T, my bill was $75.00. I was paying $30.00 more for time-warner with the same service.

mightysimi
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Now if it would only be in HD... 9 billion dollars in revenue and we are watching block people.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-23-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd recommend changing to Directv for everyone. I just got my first bill, and combined with internet from AT&T, my bill was $75.00. I was paying $30.00 more for time-warner with the same service.

No thanks, got ripped off by DirecTV. When I sign a 1 yr contract at a set price and get the bill with a price nearly $30 more then set price and a 1yr deal suddenly turns 2. Never had any major issues with TWC and if they make a mistake ive always been offered free HBO and Starz packages. Very glad they added NFLN.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Now if it would only be in HD... 9 billion dollars in revenue and we are watching block people.

It is in high def. 1086

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 01:00 AM
No thanks, got ripped off by DirecTV. When I sign a 1 yr contract at a set price and get the bill with a price nearly $30 more then set price and a 1yr deal suddenly turns 2. Never had any major issues with TWC and if they make a mistake ive always been offered free HBO and Starz packages. Very glad they added NFLN.

At least the installer didn't take $800 out of your bedroom clothes drawer. Direct TV is the worst. Dish is right behind them.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
At least the installer didn't take $800 out of your bedroom clothes drawer. Direct TV is the worst. Dish is right behind them.

I was home when the guy installed it, so I was everywhere he was.

kishoph
09-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Are you trying to tell me the nfl isn't run by greedy scum bags? That's laughable.

"Scum bags" might be a little much. When you're own a business where everyone is trying to take from you, greed becomes part of survival. Out of the few hundred Billionaires in the US alone, these 32 at least are providing something to me that I enjoy.

Night Train
09-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Thank God I have Fios.

These other companies all have constant problems.

stuckincincy
09-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Thank God I have Fios.

It recently showed up in my neighborhood. MY MIL and BIL in WNY have it and seem satisfied. I'm thinking about it, but the carrier, Cincinnati Bell, has been getting bad marks.

http://www.dslreports.com/comments/165

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Thank God I have Fios.

These other companies all have constant problems.

No fios cables out here in farm country. They said we would have to pay to have them put in through the ground. Sucks.