PDA

View Full Version : The officiating in this game is absolutely atrocious

Thurmal
09-23-2012, 01:32 PM
They have killed the last two Bills offensive drives with awful calls, and extended Cleveland's TD drive with an awful call. God, Goodell needs to stop being such a cheap bastard and pay the regular refs now. I love that a multi-billion dollar company can't find the money to hire full-time officials.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 01:35 PM
They have been ridiculous.

Owen DeBoard
09-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Mario was being held on his first sack and there was no flag thrown.

TacklingDummy
09-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I love that a multi-billion dollar company can't find the money to hire full-time officials.

Isn't that the problem, the NFL wants full time officials?

Cntrygal
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Isn't that the problem, the NFL wants full time officials?

I thought it was.

From what I understood the NFL WANTS full-time refs with enough crews for a "replacement" crew if need be. Our regular clowns that we ***** so often about are the ones that don't want to run the risk of actually being held accountable.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
The refs have been atrocious league wide this year.

However no team is favored by their idiocy.

So it kind of works out in the end.

TigerJ
09-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I thought one of the obstacles was the NFL's desire to scrap the pension plan for the part time officials. The league hires other part time people and does not pay them pensions and they wanted to extend that policy to the officials. The officials, obviously don't want to budge on that. Can't say as I blame them. Even though they don't depend on their income for officiating, it is very difficult to give up something you already have in a labor dispute. It never seems fair when you're the ones being asked to give it up.

Cntrygal
09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I thought one of the obstacles was the NFL's desire to scrap the pension plan for the part time officials. The league hires other part time people and does not pay them pensions and they wanted to extend that policy to the officials. The officials, obviously don't want to budge on that. Can't say as I blame them. Even though they don't depend on their income for officiating, it is very difficult to give up something you already have in a labor dispute. It never seems fair when you're the ones being asked to give it up.

hmmm that could be. I haven't actually followed all of the details too closely - because while the "temps" haven't been fantastic, at least they haven't shown outright bias in games.

YardRat
09-23-2012, 06:32 PM

They want to alter the pension plan, not eliminate, and increase the # of crews so there is a rotation with weeks off, the way I understand it. Could be wrong, though.

SquishDaFish
09-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Problem is refs dont want to go fulltime NFL wants them to along with more refs for backupAND the NFL wants to go to a 401K and not the current pension plan which refs want to keep.