PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Is Maddening

Night Train
09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
3 TD's and 0 INT's is always a great stat.

Yet for 2 1/2 quarters, he was basically terrible. The tired D had to keep coming on because he couldn't make a 3rd down throw for such a long stretch.

Drives me nuts when he goes long stretches throwing one duck after another. Seems to do it at some point every game.

I guess that's who he is and must deal with it until someone else starts. Crazy.

BuffaloWingEater
09-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Yet for 2 1/2 quarters, he was basically terrible. The tired D had to keep coming on because he couldn't make a 3rd down throw for such a long stretch.

Drives me nuts when he goes long stretches throwing one duck after another. Seems to do it at some point every game.

I guess that's who he is and must deal with it until someone else starts. Crazy.

tied for the most td's in the league with eli :rofl:

kingJofNYC
09-23-2012, 03:35 PM
And yet he's still the biggest problem with the offense, missed Stevie on a gimmie fade.

We're going to regress in the redzone, can't keep that percentage up. The two biggest problems on this team, besides injuries, is Fitz and finding another cornerback because A.Williams is a turd.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2012, 03:38 PM
It just goes to show how bad the Browns really are for Fitz to be so terrible and yet be statistically superb at the same time.

Night Train
09-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Wow...LOL.

He should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Eli.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I love Fitzpatrick ♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

He did an awesome job today!

Blondie
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow...LOL.

Well he just was!

And he SHOULD be!!!

♡♥ Fitzpatrick ♥♡

BuffaloWingEater
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
It just goes to show how bad the Browns really are for Fitz to be so terrible and yet be statistically superb at the same time.

there are no easy games in the nfl. check out the upsets and all the overtime games today.

mush69
09-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow...LOL.

Yet he is, so I must say he is doing the job well so far. Minus the first game he has lead us to wins. Wins count in my book and I'm not sold he can keep it up, for now I'm good with him leading the team and throwing td's not interceptions.

YardRat
09-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Fitz is who he is, we all know that.

And yet he's still the biggest problem with the offense, missed Stevie on a gimmie fade.

We're going to regress in the redzone, can't keep that percentage up. The two biggest problems on this team, besides injuries, is Fitz and finding another cornerback because A.Williams is a turd.

I thought A.Williams played decent today, covered some ground and showed some ball skills. Granted, not the best throws by Weeden.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 04:06 PM

I thought A.Williams played decent today, covered some ground and showed some ball skills. Granted, not the best throws by Weeden.

a better QB makes those throws and Williams gets burned. Just wait to see what Tom Brady will do to him next week.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 04:07 PM
And getting back to Fitz, what we saw today is about the best we can expect out of him. He's never going to be any better than that.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 04:10 PM

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen making coastal a sandwich or something?

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 04:13 PM
there are no easy games in the nfl. check out the upsets and all the overtime games today.

The Browns is an easy game.

Did you not watch today?

They have WRs who have hands of stone/concrete/cement. A HC that has absolutely no clue what he's doing, gameplan wise, clock management wise, playcall wise, adjustment wise. A defensive secondary that right now is an absolute joke. The worst guards in the entire NFL. Can't tackle worth crap on special teams. And are undisciplined.

How they played today is no different than the past year under Shurmur. They're a young, talent deficient football team with an idiot as a HC.

As long as you don't turn it over against them, you win.

gebobs
Yet he is, so I must say he is doing the job well so far. Minus the first game he has lead us to wins. Wins count in my book and I'm not sold he can keep it up, for now I'm good with him leading the team and throwing td's not interceptions.
Against the two worst teams in the AFC. Fitz was awful today. We don't get the luxury of playing these garbage teams every week.

The King
Cj going down changed the offense you can't name that on fitz

mush69

Samwhich, someone say shammich, yum!

gebobs
09-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Did you not watch today?

They have WRs who have hands of stone/concrete/cement. A HC that has absolutely no clue what he's doing, gameplan wise, clock management wise, playcall wise, adjustment wise. A defensive secondary that right now is an absolute joke. The worst guards in the entire NFL. Can't tackle worth crap on special teams. And are undisciplined.

How they played today is no different than the past year under Shurmur. They're a young, talent deficient football team with an idiot as a HC.

Don't forget...Jauron's their DC.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Cj going down changed the offense you can't name that on fitz
How did the offense change? They still operated 70% out of the shotgun as they have with Spiller. Choice nearly broke 100 yards on 20 carries.

Fitz was crazy wild even for Fitz today.

mrbojanglezs
09-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I have never seen such a bad qb put up numbers like be does

gebobs
09-23-2012, 04:18 PM
And getting back to Fitz, what we saw today is about the best we can expect out of him. He's never going to be any better than that.
He has to or the Bills are toast. He has to or the Bills blew $59M.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Lol... didn't you see my facebook posts??

He was making me home made pizzas!

♡♥ FITZPATRICK ♡♥

Historian
09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
His mechanics are awful. Flatfooted on the TD to Tj

BuffaloWingEater
09-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Did you not watch today?

browns could easily be 2-0 before heading into the bills game.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Lol... didn't you see my facebook posts??

He was making me home made pizzas!

♡♥ FITZPATRICK ♡♥
Ah, that's the problem. Coastal, keep the wife away from the tv on Sundays.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Fitz showed us how to win with him today. Never force him to win it for you. Just expect him not to lose it. He tried to win it for us against the Jets, we expected him not to lose last week and this one. I think we can be okay if we can escape the first half of this season at 4-4 but we have to at least beat Arizona and stay unhurt and close against the niners and Patriots*

BuffaloWingEater
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
How did the offense change? They still operated 70% out of the shotgun as they have with Spiller. Choice nearly broke 100 yards on 20 carries.

Fitz was crazy wild even for Fitz today.

i think we are hyper sensitive to fitz's ball placement because we watch the bills more than any other team. qb's miss throws or put them in bad spots all of the time. fitz has issues but have you watched eli, stafford, vick, brees, peyton, and flacco this year. no fitz is not in their league, but every qb struggles from time to time in most games.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Ah, that's the problem. Coastal, keep the wife away from the tv on Sundays.

Lol.. not a chance!

Listen I am not a BILLS fan... I refuse to be one of those wives.

I am a Fitzpatrick fan. :-)

I think he is a great qb and if he had a better O-line he'd be amazing.

I am happy they won and I am happy Fitzpatrick threw 3 TD's.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
browns could easily be 2-0 before heading into the bills game.

You obviously watched none of either of those games.

Weeden and the offense pissed away any chance at winning the Eagle game. Michael Vick and Philly tried to giftwrap it on a silver platter for crying out loud and the Browns offense refused to take it.

The Bengals game? That game was never as close as the final score indicated. The Browns hit a FG with like 20 seconds remaining to make it a 7 point game.

I'll give you they could be 1-1 if the offense made a couple plays against the Eagles but there was never a time in the Bengal game where it looked like they were gonna win.

coastal
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Fitz's beard is a come catcher.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Fitz = Trent Dilfer to go back on topic.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
He has to or the Bills are toast. He has to or the Bills blew $59M.

If Fitz plays like that with a healthy Spiller/Jackson giving us a run game, we can win. If he plays like this with those two out, teams that are better than the Browns (i.e. every team) will kill us.

Philagape
09-23-2012, 04:47 PM
For the second straight week he managed the game with no picks. Also has still yet to be sacked this year. That's about as much as we can ask, although let's see if memories of last year's Pats game can bring out the best in him.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 04:50 PM
For the second straight week he managed the game with no picks. Also has still yet to be sacked this year. That's about as much as we can ask, although let's see if memories of last year's Pats game can bring out the best in him.
He's gonna have to put up 50 because Brady will light up our pathetic CB's.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
At least Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Only Bills fans would complain so much about a W. It's what King said, you lose CJ, you lose your primary weapon and game plan all in one. How many people have been screaming "Give it to CJ, pass it to CJ, draw to CJ, shovel pass to CJ!" Well, that was the game plan today, and you lose him, it's back to basics.

Fitzy may not have looked good today, but history will show 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 62% completion, and 9.8 YPR.

Typ0
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Fitz showed us how to win with him today. Never force him to win it for you. Just expect him not to lose it. He tried to win it for us against the Jets, we expected him not to lose last week and this one. I think we can be okay if we can escape the first half of this season at 4-4 but we have to at least beat Arizona and stay unhurt and close against the niners and Patriots*

I disagree with your phrasing...it's more like hope to hell he won't lose it for you.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 05:03 PM

When I was 6 Months preggers with my son I stood in line to get his autograph..

He has a superbowl ring.. maybe with the Ravens but he won it in Tampa Bay's stadium the year after they traded him!

Dont worry ... I see a super bowl ring in Fitzpatrick future too.

♡♥ Fitzpatrick ♥♡

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Only Bills fans would complain so much about a W. It's what King said, you lose CJ, you lose your primary weapon and game plan all in one. How many people have been screaming "Give it to CJ, pass it to CJ, draw to CJ, shovel pass to CJ!" Well, that was the game plan today, and you lose him, it's back to basics.

Fitzy may not have looked good today, but history will show 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 62% completion, and 9.8 YPR.
It's not complaining about a win. It's acknowledging the reality that we have a mediocre QB and don't get to play the Browns every week.

And for the record, the Spiller injury makes this feel more like a loss than a win.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 05:05 PM

He has a superbowl ring.. maybe with the Ravens but he won it in Tampa Bay's stadium the year after they traded him!

♡♥ Fitzpatrick ♥♡

Is he gonna go backup Eli in NY to get it?

Blondie
09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Is he gonna go backup Eli in NY to get it?

Lol stop it.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:11 PM

♡♥ Fitzpatrick ♥♡
There is no way this team gets a ring with Fitz as QB. I'd love for it to happen, but after watching him for the last few years, I just don't see how it's possible.

Syderick
09-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I thought he did all right as a game manager today.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 05:16 PM
i think we are hyper sensitive to fitz's ball placement because we watch the bills more than any other team. qb's miss throws or put them in bad spots all of the time. fitz has issues but have you watched eli, stafford, vick, brees, peyton, and flacco this year. no fitz is not in their league, but every qb struggles from time to time in most games.
I suppose the announcers every week feel the same way. I suppose every football wonk around is hyper sensitive to the Bills and just doesn't see that Fitz is just as good as he was through Week 7 last year.

Fitz isn't having periodic control problems. It's going on nearly a full season now.

Thurmal
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
There is no way this team gets a ring with Fitz as QB. I'd love for it to happen, but after watching him for the last few years, I just don't see how it's possible.

Exactly. To win the Super Bowl, even with homefield advantage, you have to win 3 playoff games in a row. There is no way he can play a stretch that long without having a huge stinker of a game. He is what he is -- an average QB that can get hot for a few drives but also play terribly at times. Way too streaky.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Only Bills fans would complain so much about a W.
No one's complaining about a win.

It's what King said, you lose CJ, you lose your primary weapon and game plan all in one. How many people have been screaming "Give it to CJ, pass it to CJ, draw to CJ, shovel pass to CJ!" Well, that was the game plan today, and you lose him, it's back to basics.

How did the game plan change after Spiller went down? Specifically.

It didn't.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Well in my defense I never said he'd get it with the BILLS! Lol

Tampa was the same way with Dilfer.. he was an average qb.

He was hot and cold.. however he went on to get that ring.

**** many of Tampas qb's went on to other teams to be excellent qb's

Young, Williams, Testeverde, Dilfer .. and I think that was it.

Tampa never invests into making a solid qb. It seems the Bills havent either since Kelley. Right?

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 05:27 PM

No he didn't.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Just watch our opponents. Do they lead WR's into hits, or cause them to slow down, costing YAC? Yeah, it happens. But more often than not, the opposing QB's put the ball in the best spot for the WR to make the catch in stride, avoid hits, and or gain YAC.

With Fitz, it's the opposite. His ball placement is bad more than it is good. Just compare him and Brady next week. You will see that it is reality and not hypersensitivity,

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Just watch our opponents. Do they lead WR's into hits, or cause them to slow down, costing YAC? Yeah, it happens. But more often than not, the opposing QB's put the ball in the best spot for the WR to make the catch in stride, avoid hits, and or gain YAC.

With Fitz, it's the opposite. His ball placement is bad more than it is good. Just compare him and Brady next week. You will see that it is reality and not hypersensitivity,

Weeden is bad but may get better, he don't have much of a window to do it though. But compare him and Fitz today, were the performances really that much different? Not talking stats wise but ball placement wise on throws, forcing into coverage, etc...

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Well in my defense I never said he'd get it with the BILLS! Lol

Tampa was the same way with Dilfer.. he was an average qb.

He was hot and cold.. however he went on to get that ring.

**** many of Tampas qb's went on to other teams to be excellent qb's

Young, Williams, Testeverde, Dilfer .. and I think that was it.

Tampa never invests into making a solid qb. It seems the Bills havent either since Kelley. Right?
They have tried. They just fail every time. They signed Rob Johnson to a huge contract. They traded first round draft picks to get Drew Bledsoe. They traded back into the first round to get JP Losman. They gave Fitz a huge contract.

And there were a few cheaper attempts in there too: Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, Kelly Holcomb. They haven't been held back by a lack of effort. They've been held back by managerial incompetence.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Weeden is bad but may get better, he don't have much of a window to do it though. But compare him and Fitz today, were the performances really that much different? Not talking stats wise but ball placement wise on throws, forcing into coverage, etc...No but Weeden is a rookie. He will likely get better. Fitz is 30 I believe. He is what he is at this point.

Compare him to Sanchez (who isn't even that good) in Week 1 or Brady next week.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
No but Weeden is a rookie. He will likely get better. Fitz is 30 I believe. He is what he is at this point.

Compare him to Sanchez (who isn't even that good) in Week 1 or Brady next week.

Thing with Weeden is, he's soon to be 29. So as I said the window for him to improve isn't that large. There's still a slim window that he may be able to adjust to the speed of the game and not stare down receivers he just doesn't have a whole lot of time to "get it."

TacklingDummy
09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Fitz almost got Jones killed during the first series.
Many of his completed throws were high or behind the receiver.

OpIv37
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Thing with Weeden is, he's soon to be 29. So as I said the window for him to improve isn't that large. There's still a slim window that he may be able to adjust to the speed of the game and not stare down receivers he just doesn't have a whole lot of time to "get it."
Well I think time in the league is more important than the actual age number. Fitz has what? 6 years or so? Weeden has 3 games.

Night Train
09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm certainly not a miserable winner but just making a valid observation. The OL was outstanding, yet Fitz missed badly on so many throws from the middle of the first quarter into the 4th. Choice ran well.

He can't vanish against good teams for long stretches. The D was on the field far too much.

imbondz
09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I dont think we'll ever be great w Fitz. But after 3 games he leads the league in tds, before tonight's games, and we're 2-1. I wont be too hard on him yet.

jimmifli
09-23-2012, 06:39 PM
They have tried. They just fail every time. They signed Rob Johnson to a huge contract. They traded first round draft picks to get Drew Bledsoe. They traded back into the first round to get JP Losman. They gave Fitz a huge contract.

And there were a few cheaper attempts in there too: Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, Kelly Holcomb. They haven't been held back by a lack of effort. They've been held back by managerial incompetence.

Fitz is pretty cheap for a starting QB that isn't on a rookie contract. (old list from the summer but it's all that I could find)

1. Peyton Manning, Broncos - $19.2
2. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers - $17
3. Michael Vick, Eagles - $16
4. Tom Brady, Patriots - $15.7
5. Eli Manning, Giants - $15.27
6. Drew Brees, Saints - $14.4 (Franchise Tagged in 2012)
7. Phillip Rivers, Chargers - $14.04
8. Sam Bradford, Rams - $13
9. Kevin Kolb, Cardinals - $12.6
10. Matthew Stafford, Lions - $12
11. Matt Ryan, Falcons - $12
12. Mark Sanchez, Jets - $11.64
13. Tony Romo, Cowboys - $11.17
14. Aaron Rodgers, Packers - $10.83
15. Carson Palmer, Raiders - $10.75
16. Matt Cassel, Chiefs - $10.5
17. Jay Cutler, Bears - $10
18. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills - $9.8
19. Matt Schaub, Texans - $8
20. Alex Smith, 49ers - $8 (new contract for 2012)
21. Matt Hasselbeck, Titans - $6.67
22. Matt Flynn, Seahawks - $6.5
23. Joe Flacco, Ravens - $6
24. *Andrew Luck, Colts - $5.9
25. Cam Newton, Panthers - $5.5
26. *Robert Griffin, Redskins - $5.4
27. Josh Freeman, Bucs - $5.2
28. Chad Henne, Jaguars - $3.38
29. David Garrard, Dolphins - $3.35
30. *Brandon Weeden, Browns - $2.8
31. Christian Ponder, Vikings - $2.54
32. Andy Dalton, Bengals - $1.3

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanriper/2012/08/20/best-quarterbacks-for-the-buck-3/

Arriving at our top 10 was pretty straightforward. Using 2011 stats and salaries, we compared what we call each quarterback’s adjusted rating — his final passer rating adjusted for playing time — to his 2011 salary. Passer rating, as most know, is the standard metric used to evaluate quarterbacks that’s based on completion percentage, yards per attempt, interceptions and other stats. We adjusted that number to give some weight to the workload each QB carried last for his club. Example: Joe Flacco, who took almost every snap for the Baltimore Ravens last season, is assessed nearly his full passer rating of 80.9. But for Tennessee’s Matt Hasselbeck, who yielded nearly 20% of his playing time to Jake Locker, we adjust his rating down slightly, to 79.3 from 82.4 (both Flacco, at No. 9, and Hasselbeck, No. 7, make the cut).

One other caveat: for apples to apples sake, we stayed away from 2011 draft picks, whose rookie contracts signed under the NFL’s new collective bargaining agreement were drastically reduced from those that came before. Hence, we do not include the artificially low-paid Newton, who had a terrific rookie year in Carolina, or Andy Dalton, the second-round pick who impressed after taking the starting job in Cincinnati away from malcontent Carson Palmer, who was later traded to Oakland.

Not that it means much, but his $ for QB rating is pretty good. So was Tavaris Jackson's. I'd say Fitz can be considered a cheap attempt, and not actually a huge contract.

Blondie
09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Peyton Manning is so over paid.

I think it's hysterical that he has played like **** this year.

They should have kept Tebow and built around him.

SquishDaFish
09-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree they had something good going with Tebow.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
One of my issues with Fitz is his accuracy. He constantly throwing behind WR/TE/RB. Eventually he is going to get one of them hurt doing that.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
No one's complaining about a win.

How did the game plan change after Spiller went down? Specifically.

It didn't.

Most quarterbacks have their TE or slot receiver as a safety blanket or check down player that can make something out of nothing. We lost David Nelson game 1, that's a big loss. Chandler has been found out, and with this offense if you watched last week, Spiller became both the check down receiver and the primary target. When you have the NFL leader in rushing yards and the second best YFS of all time, usually you're going to practice getting the ball in to that player's hands, correct?

So after a league leading day in week 1 and a stellar performance in week 2, combined with how much they used him before he went down, what would have been the plan afterwards? Spiller was the check-down on the play he was injured, and gained 25 yards. If Choice was the check-down, would he have done what CJ had done? Would CJ not strike a bit more fear in to defenders when they see the ball in his hands? Is Choice the same player as CJ OR Freddy?

The game plan was in place to utilize all of CJ's abilities. Chan and Buddy chose him for a reason. When you lose that, you lose consistency and it demoralizes the Bills and let's the opposition breathe a sigh of relief.

notacon
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Fitz sucks. He has always sucked, and he always will suck. He wasn't left until the seventh round by mistake. Not one team in the league EVER thought he was good enough to start on a NFL team...except the Bills, who over paid for a second string player.

The Bills will not be contenders with Fitz. Period.

Crisis
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM
The offense looked like a joke without CJ (or Freddie for that matter) to bail them out constantly.

PromoTheRobot
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
At least Fitz doesn't hang his head an pout when he is having a rough stretch. He keeps plugging away until...guess what?...they win. All QBs have bad streaks, some more than others. Leaders fight their way past them.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 09:57 PM
At least Fitz doesn't hang his head an pout when he is having a rough stretch. He keeps plugging away until...guess what?...they win. All QBs have bad streaks, some more than others. Leaders fight their way past them.

PTR

He hangs his head just as anyone would. I saw him pouting today when he was ****ting the bed during the second and third quarter.

Figster
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I for one am very happy with how Ryan Fitzpatrick has responded after the loss to the Jets. The last two games is how I had envisioned Fitzy's needed to play for the Buffalo Bills to be successful this season and make the playoffs.

gebobs
09-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Most quarterbacks have their TE or slot receiver as a safety blanket or check down player that can make something out of nothing. We lost David Nelson game 1, that's a big loss. Chandler has been found out, and with this offense if you watched last week, Spiller became both the check down receiver and the primary target. When you have the NFL leader in rushing yards and the second best YFS of all time, usually you're going to practice getting the ball in to that player's hands, correct?

So after a league leading day in week 1 and a stellar performance in week 2, combined with how much they used him before he went down, what would have been the plan afterwards? Spiller was the check-down on the play he was injured, and gained 25 yards. If Choice was the check-down, would he have done what CJ had done? Would CJ not strike a bit more fear in to defenders when they see the ball in his hands? Is Choice the same player as CJ OR Freddy?

The game plan was in place to utilize all of CJ's abilities. Chan and Buddy chose him for a reason. When you lose that, you lose consistency and it demoralizes the Bills and let's the opposition breathe a sigh of relief.
So since Choice isn't on the same level as Spiller, that caused Fitz to lose consistency? What was his excuse in the previous dozen weeks? What happens when Spiller doesn't get injured but comes out flat? Are we ready for the week when he doesn't gain 10 YPC, when he isn't 80% of the offense. You have to know that was never sustainable.

What all must conspire in order for Fitzpatrick to throw accurately? My god, he wasn't just throwing at the feet or over the head of receivers. He was throwing 10 feet in front of their feet and 10 feet over their heads. The fumble "throw" was ridiculous. I know it was raining, but didn't you do a face palm at that point? Or did you have Fitzpologies in full gear.

billser
09-24-2012, 12:22 AM
This is funny. Do you guys think we have amazing receivers? The guy threw for 3 tds and leads the league. We constantly go 5 receivers out and he hasn't gotten sacked. Dude isnt perfect but give him a break, he has donald jones as a second receiver. Hes doing great, everyone needs to chill out.

kishoph
09-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Those throws may have been a half second late, but they were on target and Williams done a great job of recovering and making a play on the ball. I don't understand how some people can take a good play and try to turn it into suck. I'm happy with the way Williams looks to be improving and Gilmore also, they are both very young, playing one of the toughest positions in the game and I think that they are both showing the make up to become a great tandem. There's going to be growing pains, but they're going to learn from them and get better.

PTI
09-24-2012, 10:44 AM
High powered 1 yard pass offense is not going to beat the better teams.

PTI
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM

PTR

Dude, Fitz pouted on the field against the Jets, he threw a pick and unbuckled his chin strap and walked of the field after the pick 6 and looked like he was going to cry in the post game, he most certainly is capable of pouting.

Historian
09-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm wondering what the Quarterbacks Coach (David Lee, isn't it???) is teaching him.

jdaltroy5
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Lol.. not a chance!

Listen I am not a BILLS fan... I refuse to be one of those wives.

I am a Fitzpatrick fan. :-)

I think he is a great qb and if he had a better O-line he'd be amazing.

I am happy they won and I am happy Fitzpatrick threw 3 TD's.
Do you even know what you're watching?

We have one of the best OLs in the league right now.

ZERO sacks (I'm not going to count that BS fumble)

Leading the league in rushing.

Hell our THIRD STRING RB had a career day running behind this line.

You give actual female football fans a bad name.

BuffaloWingEater
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I suppose the announcers every week feel the same way. I suppose every football wonk around is hyper sensitive to the Bills and just doesn't see that Fitz is just as good as he was through Week 7 last year.

Fitz isn't having periodic control problems. It's going on nearly a full season now.

don't we usually have the same announcers? i am not a fitz apologist. i just think we need to realize that on most sundays elite qb's go through rough patches. we are hyper sensitive to fitz because we watch him very closely every sunday.

ServoBillieves
09-24-2012, 02:15 PM
So since Choice isn't on the same level as Spiller, that caused Fitz to lose consistency? What was his excuse in the previous dozen weeks? What happens when Spiller doesn't get injured but comes out flat? Are we ready for the week when he doesn't gain 10 YPC, when he isn't 80% of the offense. You have to know that was never sustainable.

What all must conspire in order for Fitzpatrick to throw accurately? My god, he wasn't just throwing at the feet or over the head of receivers. He was throwing 10 feet in front of their feet and 10 feet over their heads. The fumble "throw" was ridiculous. I know it was raining, but didn't you do a face palm at that point? Or did you have Fitzpologies in full gear.

So wait... you didn't answer it right away? "If Choice isn't on the same level as Spiller, that caused Fitz to lose consistency?" Uhm, YES. He lost his check-down and primary target, as stated before. Who would you feel comfortable throwing to if your primary target wasn't open? Tashard Choice or CJ Spiller? What was his other e<cite class="kv"></cite>xcuse for the past... 12 weeks? Well last season he didn't have a training camp with his young receivers and lost a lot of players to injuries... That's what's called "a given." Now if you're including the past 3 weeks to those 12, why does he have an unreal red zone percentage and tied for best in the league in TD's? When CJ comes out flat, it doesn't matter because teams will still have to worry about him. Who was Cleveland worried about coming in to the game? CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, and the D. CJ goes down... so you have a defense and 1 weapon that you can cover easily.

The funniest part is where you ask when a conspiracy would need to take place. Was it a conspiracy that we won? Were his 3 TD's a conspiracy? The replacement refs were conspiring against the Bills?! HIS RECEIVERS HAD NO BLAME!?!? YODA IS A REAL PERSON! Yeah. No. If you lead a receiver and they can't reach it, that's acceptable on both ends, that's what an incomplete pass is called. They tend to happen. Throwing behind the receiver? Nah, that's not acceptable, because that means the receiver was running a crisp route. Throwing high is a joke if you think that's wrong unless someone gets injured, because that simply implies the receiver doesn't have the athletic ability to jump that high, or if it's THAT high overhead it truly is the QB's fault. Whereas low throws happen, as stated before, all the time.

So this leads you to your one damning Fitz play of the game, in which he attempted a pass and it slipped from his hands. If Choice had fumbled, that would have made him awful and made me shake my head. When it was ruled an incomplete pass, I didn't shake my head because I thought it was an easy 3 points. Overturned? Yes, yes I shook my head.

Fitzpologies? Man, you and Hurkey have so many GREAT ways to turn your "favorite team's" QB in to great puns. I know that none of this common sense will change your mind, so please, PLEASE give me your well thought out defense.

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Well put. I watch teams that I don't care for and wonder why the teams that I do can't block, run, pass, etc. like those others do. Human nature, I suppose.

Fitz got thrown into the starting spot on a moribund CIN team, the year before BUF got him. He did a gutsy job. 32 NFL starting spots, and neither Young or Thigpen could unseat him. I'd say that around the NFL cities, most fans view him as an ok quarterback. It would be nice to get a flash rookie, but Fitz is there and with a decent OL, too.

baalworship
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Fitz is bad but don't forget our receivers suck too. Very little separation. Only Stevie gets open but it's usually on 9-10 yard routes where he does crazy dekes. Our offense needs real WR's.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd say that around the NFL cities, most fans view him as an ok quarterback.
Most people I talk to around NFL cities can't tell me who the Bills quarterback is and barely know who he is when I tell him. "Oh, yeah...the guy with the beard."

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Most people I talk to around NFL cities can't tell me who the Bills quarterback is and barely know who he is when I tell him. "Oh, yeah...the guy with the beard."

NFL fans, or the general public?

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM

after watching Donald Jones get blasted on a bad throw, i worry that the Bills won't have any WRs left when the season ends.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
So wait... you didn't answer it right away? "If Choice isn't on the same level as Spiller, that caused Fitz to lose consistency?" Uhm, YES.
Well, sorry to tell ya, but Fitzpatrick's inconsistency isn't something new.

Ron jaworski said this last summer...

As I’ve studied him, I’ve really struggled with his inconsistent mechanics. The result: accuracy issues, too many missed opportunities… Many factors go into consistent, week-to-week quarterback play. Mechanics are not talked about enough. Ryan Fitzpatrick is very erratic with both his footwork and throwing motion.

So this leads you to your one damning Fitz play of the game, in which he attempted a pass and it slipped from his hands.
Do you want me to list some more? There was the little dump off to Chandler who was no more than 7-yards away and he threw it over his head. There was the time he dropped back and it's anyone's guess who he was throwing to because it landed at the OLs feet. Had there been any pressure on him, and there wasn't, he would have been called for grounding. And every time he throws downfield, all year long, he underthrows his target...just like the throw to Johnson yesterday. There are plenty more.

I'm tickled pink that they won but I'm not going to fool myself that the performance by Fitz is going to pass muster against any playoff contending teams.

Fitzpologies? Man, you and Hurkey have so many GREAT ways to turn your "favorite team's" QB in to great puns.
So what's with the quotes. You don't think I'm a real fan? Get bent. I've probably been following this team for a lot longer than you and let me tell you I have a pretty good idea what a good quarterback looks like. Fitzpatrick isn't one of them.

If you want to kid yourself that his stats, inflated from playing a few NFL bowsers, mean that he's a legitimate NFL starter, be my guest. There are some things to be hopeful for on this team, but none of them are at the quarterback position. I know we're stuck with him for this year, but we need to upgrade in the off season.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:17 PM
NFL fans, or the general public?
Gee, I never asked for their papers.

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Gee, I never asked for their papers.

Have a six sigma black belt good bye...

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Have a six sigma black belt good bye...
Not following you.

jamze132
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM

If you watched the game you would have seen how the offense took a **** after Spiller went down. Fitz is a game manager, not a game changer. Spiller is a changer.

PTI
09-25-2012, 08:52 AM
after watching Donald Jones get blasted on a bad throw, i worry that the Bills won't have any WRs left when the season ends.

That is what Fitz has been doing since day 1. He constantly exposes his guys to huge hits. His high balls are so dangerous. I see other QBs gun them at the money or they are low balls to the ground and the receivers do not take nearly the pounding Fitz makes his WRs take.

Figster
09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
If you watched the game you would have seen how the offense took a **** after Spiller went down. Fitz is a game manager, not a game changer. Spiller is a changer.

I agree, we shouldn't be expecting Fitzy to be the game changer CJ is, thats why we have players like CJ and FJ. Fitzpatricks job is to read the opposing Defense and manage the game.

I for one believe Fitzpatrick has done a good job over the last two games.

Figster
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
That is what Fitz has been doing since day 1. He constantly exposes his guys to huge hits. His high balls are so dangerous. I see other QBs gun them at the money or they are low balls to the ground and the receivers do not take nearly the pounding Fitz makes his WRs take.

The don't bump heads and defenseless WR rule has made it much safer, but WR's are going to get the living dog crap knocked out of them sometimes regardless.

In my opinion speed/size/talent and getting good separation is the difference between getting pummeled in the NFL on a continual basis and not.

Bills WR corp is average (at best)

Anyone ever wonder If an Elite WR with a lot of range to track down the football would help Fitzpatrick? The only player the Bills have with the speed, size and athletic ability to go up in a crowd and come down with the football on a continual basis is on the practice squad.

Marcus Easley...