• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Our CB's suck.

Aaron Williams got beat twice and was only able to recover because Weeden under threw the ball both times. A better QB makes those throws. Brady will eat him alive.

McGee had one nice play but also had 3 or 4 completions right in his grill. Again. He's washed up.

Cleveland didn't seem to want to throw at Gilmore, but once again he blew an assignment and left a guy wide open for a TD.

seriously, Brady will have a field day against this crew.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Our CB's suck.

We shall see

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Cleveland just doesn't like throwing to their WRs cuz as you could tell they're not very good at catching the ball.

Comment

• Buddo
        • Mar 2007

Must be time to panic.
        Both Gilmore and Williams are young and works in progress. Of the two, Williams is the more suspect tbh.
        McGee probably isn't fully fit, but MCKelvin is so inept, he has to play.
        Mistakes will be made, but it should be expected, due to inexperience.
        Hopefully, as the season progresses, they will all improve, with experience and, in McGee's case, fitness.
        Further on down the road, we may well get to see what Brooks has, and tbh, I think he might get ahead of Williams, eventually.
        While I agree that we need better play from our CBs, I also believe that that is likely to happen. There is plenty of ability there, but it's suffering from the need to learn on the job.

Comment

• Syderick
          • Apr 2006

The Bills have tried to draft decent Dbs over the last few years.
          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

If Gillmore actually plays a physical defense and not some 10 yard cushion **** on that TD, I think he has himself in a better spot, but I am sick and tired of waiting for him to get it. He has had 3 weeks, and we have only won two of those games. We have to be realists and realize that he will never amount to anything...

Williams only recovered because of the short throw...which is exactly what the announcers said, but it looked a little different to me, it looked like he recovered and got a hand in there and broke up the pass...the throws didn't look as bad as whoever the announcer was said. I didn't even know that I should have been so alarmed until my TV told me, but now that I know I am mad.

I am so mad that I don't care if we win, or if we lose, I am going to pick out something in the game and I am going to know that we will never be any good because of that. I will change it every week if I have to. That isn't negative, that is realism. That is really looking for something to be a real douche about.

...and so it goes.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
              If Gillmore actually plays a physical defense and not some 10 yard cushion **** on that TD, I think he has himself in a better spot, but I am sick and tired of waiting for him to get it. He has had 3 weeks, and we have only won two of those games. We have to be realists and realize that he will never amount to anything...

Williams only recovered because of the short throw...which is exactly what the announcers said, but it looked a little different to me, it looked like he recovered and got a hand in there and broke up the pass...the throws didn't look as bad as whoever the announcer was said. I didn't even know that I should have been so alarmed until my TV told me, but now that I know I am mad.

I am so mad that I don't care if we win, or if we lose, I am going to pick out something in the game and I am going to know that we will never be any good because of that. I will change it every week if I have to. That isn't negative, that is realism. That is really looking for something to be a real douche about.

...and so it goes.
              You dont think that has anything with the schemes? How the want them to play defense. Im sure thats on the coaches

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

TD Gilmore gave up was more mental than anything. Just shows a lack of smarts. WR faked the post and went to the corner. Bills were in single high, so if the receiver runs a post just stay outside of him and take him to your help, the single high safety. Instead, he tries to stay with the receiver the entire time and forgets were his help his. You should never allow a guy to fake you out on a PoCo route when you're in single high, never. Use your brain, and stay to the outside, if he wants to go to the middle, squeeze him into your safety.

Williams just doesn't have the speed to make any mistakes, and he has to have a safety over the top. Rogers has been solid in the slot for the most part.
                Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post

...and so it goes.
                  Just because we won doesn't mean there isn't room for criticism. A win doesnt mean the whole team was perfect.

Put your head in the sand if you want. The reality is that our CB's are not good. You will see next week.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Just because we won doesn't mean there isn't room for criticism. A win doesnt mean the whole team was perfect.

Put your head in the sand if you want. The reality is that our CB's are not good. You will see next week.
                    You should know by now Op. Beebe's Kid has been like this since he's joined the forums. When the team wins apparently you cannot criticize anything about the team in his opinion. And instead of him being able to offer a coherent, thought out, respectable response as to why your viewpoint is wrong...he just goes into a sarcastic laden monologue of garbage.

It's his shtick. Although to be honest, since he obviously doesn't like discussing football, I don't know why he even bothered to get 2600+ posts.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

I can't remember when the last time our cbs were consistently good.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

LOL, Brady is dead man walking right now based on what I've seen.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          LOL, Brady is dead man walking right now based on what I've seen.
                          If the performance we saw today is what we see next week, Brady and those receivers will shred this D.

Did you see how many missed passes Weeden had? How many drops Browns receivers had? The couple times he held the ball too long and got sacked? The 2nd INT Weeden threw that was just a horrible decision?

All of the above doesn't happen with Brady and his band of friends playing catch.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Brady is going to get smashed by our DLine. There I said it LOL

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                              Brady is going to get smashed by our DLine. There I said it LOL
                              The DL has been inconsistent so far. They sucked against the Jets and were good against KC. Today, they started strong in the 1st, disappeared in the 2nd until about halfway through the 3rd, then finished strong. NE has some problems up front so they COULD be primed for a big day, but with the inconsistency shown so far, it's not a given. They are going to have to get after Brady to give our DL a fighting chance.

Oh, and expect at least one ridiculous "late hit" flag called on us for getting too close to Brady.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X