PDA

View Full Version : CJ spiller to miss 1-2 weeks

buffalobillsfan95
09-23-2012, 05:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/c-j-spiller-expected-out-a-week-or-two-after-shoulder-injury/

Johnny Bugmenot
09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Well, that's a relief.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I thought he was done the way he was holding his arm

BidsJr
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Surviving the collar bone fracture was the big victory in this.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Great to know he's only slightly hurt. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Hopefully the MRI doesn't show any major issues tomorrow. 1-2 weeks is manageable. The way he went down and grabbed his arm, I thought at least 8-10 weeks.

Skooby
09-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Fingers crossed.

DynaPaul
09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Only our team could have 2 of the best running backs in the league and BOTH of them are hurt! Good lord.

wmoz11
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Bills RB C.J. Spiller is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his left shoulder Monday, however his collarbone is intact and doctors do not believe he will be sidelined much beyond next week. The belief is he sprained a shoulder joint.

Schefter just posted this. Great, great news. Seriously better than what I thought was best case.

wmoz11
09-23-2012, 09:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3hjEHWCIAAYwwH.jpg

This was also posted by Chris Douglas (former Bills RB).

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2012, 10:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3hjEHWCIAAYwwH.jpg

This was also posted by Chris Douglas (former Bills RB).

I was just about to post this. Spiller thinks he'll be back for the Pats game.

JoeMama
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
My fantasy football team laments the loss of CJ Spiller.

Sex in the City, RIP

BADTHINGSMAN
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Would be great to have him for the Pats game.

feldspar
09-24-2012, 04:35 AM
The next two weeks are the Patriots and 49ers.

Extremebillsfan247
09-24-2012, 05:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/c-j-spiller-expected-out-a-week-or-two-after-shoulder-injury/
According to WGR550 this morning, Spiller suffered an Acromioclavicular Joint Sprain. Now, according to Wolters Kluwer health, there are several degrees of this type of sprain. Depending on severity, he could be back within a few weeks, to several. If it turns out to require surgery, it could end his season. Hopefully it's a type I sprain, we need him back pronto. JMO

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
The next two weeks are the Patriots and 49ers.

Yeah, if I could pick any two weeks on the sched for the team to be healthy, it would be these two.The good news is that they will both be back soon. The bad news is that it is the worst possible time to lose them.

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 09:50 AM
According to WGR550 this morning, Spiller suffered an Acromioclavicular Joint Sprain. Now, according to Wolters Kluwer health, there are several degrees of this type of sprain. Depending on severity, he could be back within a few weeks, to several. If it turns out to require surgery, it could end his season. Hopefully it's a type I sprain, we need him back pronto. JMO

I feel bad for the youngster. Shoulder injuries make it hard to find a comfortable sleeping position. And everybody tosses and turns throughout the night. I just hope he doesn't end up getting a suspension for taking some OTC product that contains something on the NFL no-no list. Former B'gals guard Bobbie Williams (couldn't ask for a more decent, erudite man) got 4 games that way. Other players, too.

jimmifli
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah, if I could pick any two weeks on the sched for the team to be healthy, it would be these two.The good news is that they will both be back soon. The bad news is that it is the worst possible time to lose them.

The SanFran game doesn't really matter. They're good and we're not expected to win. But the NE game is so huge, a loss puts us behind the Jets and Pats and kills a lot of potential tie breakers.

Sammy Avalon
09-24-2012, 11:42 AM
This is good news. I was afraid he was going on IR the worst.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Spiller sprained A/C joint. 1-2 week injury. https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...73714153877504 (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/250273714153877504)

ServoBillieves
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
I've seen 4 different severe implications in this thread... so he's either back this week, back in 1-2, or he has whatever the hell EBF said and is done for multiple weeks or done for the season with surgery?

I enjoy the optimism of him not being done for the season, but which one do we believe or who is the most trusted source?

Fixxxer
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I guess there is a God.

imbondz
09-24-2012, 02:01 PM

that doesn't sound good at all

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2012, 03:35 PM
They just said 1 maybe two weeks that CJ will be out on NFL live. Sprained AC joint. Thank you Jesus. I think Gailey will sit him this week just to be safe. Even if Spiller thinks he's ok to play.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-24-2012, 03:58 PM
They just said 1 maybe two weeks that CJ will be out on NFL live. Sprained AC joint. Thank you Jesus. I think Gailey will sit him this week just to be safe. Even if Spiller thinks he's ok to play.

If CJ can play this week at all you get him in there because the pats at 1-3 just will not go to the playoffs and I can laugh. I don't just want to beat them, I want to rout them. I want to win in such a way that they implode the rest of the season. I want Brady and Belichick to be demoralized.

jamze132
09-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Even with both healthy, do you really think we will be able to beat a pissed off and hungry NE and then be victorious in a cross country trek to SF? I had both of these games as auto-loss before the season starts so this is actually a good time to get some injuries out of the way, granted they stay away from here on out.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to beat these two teams, or at least win one of them, but lets be honest. Our offense looked pretty inept without Spiller.

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Even with both healthy, do you really think we will be able to beat a pissed off and hungry NE and then be victorious in a cross country trek to SF? I had both of these games as auto-loss before the season starts so this is actually a good time to get some injuries out of the way, granted they stay away from here on out.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to beat these two teams, or at least win one of them, but lets be honest. Our offense looked pretty inept without Spiller.

I see your points. NE and SF are probably festering like two wounded grizzly bears.

Ed
09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
If CJ can play this week at all you get him in there because the pats at 1-3 just will not go to the playoffs and I can laugh. I don't just want to beat them, I want to rout them. I want to win in such a way that they implode the rest of the season. I want Brady and Belichick to be demoralized.
I would never count out the Pats at 1-3. They have a couple tough home games in December against Houston and SF, but their schedule is pretty soft otherwise. And no one else in the AFC East looks good enough to run away with the division.

- - - Updated - - -

I see your points. NE and SF are probably festering like two wounded grizzly bears.
SF will take it out on the Jets.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Even with both healthy, do you really think we will be able to beat a pissed off and hungry NE and then be victorious in a cross country trek to SF?

Yes

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
The SanFran game doesn't really matter. They're good and we're not expected to win. But the NE game is so huge, a loss puts us behind the Jets and Pats and kills a lot of potential tie breakers.

It's the NFL. Every game matters.

We lost to the Jets. They are 2-0 in the division and have the division and head-to-head tiebreakers on us. We have to make up ground. That means winning some games that we are not supposed to win.

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM

I don't think it's likely that we win either game, even with Spiller.

But, we dug ourselves in a hole in week 1 and we are going to have to upset someone to make it happen. I'd rather have Spiller and/or Jackson and put our best foot forward, and hope for the best. It's not much of a chance, but it's our only chance.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham

CJ
Spiller not in a sling, says he has full range of motion in his shoulder.
Swelling and pain an issue. Says he still might play Sunday.

God I hope they don't allow him to do that. At his statue, I'd sit him or play sparingly at Arizona and then let him take off after that to hit the important stretch runs for the Bills.

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham

CJ

God I hope they don't allow him to do that. At his statue, I'd sit him or play sparingly at Arizona and then let him take off after that to hit the important stretch runs for the Bills.

No.

We NEED this game to make anything of this season. If anything, do the opposite: play him this week, then give him the next 2 off, especially if Jackson is back.

Skooby
09-24-2012, 08:07 PM
We have to win this NE game, it's vital for several reasons.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-24-2012, 08:12 PM
If he's able to play, let him play. If need be, rotate, rotate, rotate. You can't have too many weapons.

SquishDaFish
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
This NE game is the most important game out of the next 3. We need everything we can get for this game.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
any way we can put him in street clothes and have him on the sideline with his uni under his street clothes so that we can sneek him in sometime in the second quarter? I'd love to **** with Bellijerk's mind a bit.

Typ0
09-24-2012, 09:18 PM
you don't put him out there if he's not ready it's just asking for him to injure something else.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2012, 09:19 PM
C.J. Spiller won't rule out playing against Patriots (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/cj-spiller-wont-rule-out-playing-against-patriots-.html)

(http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/cj-spiller-wont-rule-out-playing-against-patriots-.html)

Skooby
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
His specific injury is more of a soreness versus something he can easily severely injure.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham

CJ

Yeah, real smart guy. Your best play maker says he can play so sit him. ****ing brilliant.

Skooby
09-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah, real smart guy. Your best play maker says he can play so sit him. ****ing brilliant.

CJ has a sore shoulder, run to your left away from the hits or don't get touched.