PDA

View Full Version : This is the type of game we have choked away in the past.

The King
09-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Surprising to see the negative remarks this morning. The Bills came out of the gate on fire and lost their best offensive weapon. No doubt that through the offense into a bit of a funk, Choice was picking up 2 yards per carry and dropping passes, but they stuck to the game plan and eventually after a successful run, found their groove and finished the game.

This is absolutely the type of game we have lost in the past. I think it shows a lot of character and progress that they were able to get back into this game and finish. It wasn't perfect, but there's no statistic for perfect it's only W's and L's.

Historian
09-24-2012, 08:32 AM
They came out smokin'.

They lost their best player and proceeded to shut down like they normally do.

The X factor was the O line. They did not quit fighting, and Choice ended up with 91 yards.

That was the difference in the game.

Be honest, watching them self-destruct gave you Cincinnati flashbacks, did it not?

MikeInRoch
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
The O-line has been amazing. Might be the best I've seen on this team in a long, long time.

The King
09-24-2012, 09:12 AM
It gave me about a half dozen flashbacks, which is why I am thrilled they won.

justasportsfan
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
at least we're winning games we should win. It's a step forward from the prior regime. Jauron couldn't beat the browns . "If you can't beat em', join em". Dick's play not to lose philosophy blows and it showed yesterday. Looks like FTY got what he wished for.

Mr. Miyagi
09-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree. When our drives started stalling in the middle of the game I was like oh man here we go again. But our defense woke up towards the end and Fitz found his groove again. It felt definitely different than the Cincy game last year.

THRILLHO
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes, it is a game we should have won. While I am excited and happy, I am not giddy. I am more worried about NE next week. They are coming off two straight disappointing losses and will be looking for blood. This next game will say A LOT about the team we have.

ct bills fan
09-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Dline took over the game in the 4th quarter too, when the game was still in jeopardy

jamze132
09-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Hopefully Fred is a go next week.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
They came out smokin'.

They lost their best player and proceeded to shut down like they normally do.

The X factor was the O line. They did not quit fighting, and Choice ended up with 91 yards.

That was the difference in the game.

Be honest, watching them self-destruct gave you Cincinnati flashbacks, did it not?
Yep...said the same thing. Was starting to see shades of Dalton in Weeden (bad first half, smoked us in the second). But Weeden isn't Dalton and eventually caved. The Bills defense bent and then recovered. Good to be 2-1.

jdaltroy5
09-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I was thinking that while I was watching the game.

When it was 17-14 I thought to myself, "Is this going to be the same crap we've seen over the last decade, or are they going to prove they've changed."

In the past, we they would've used the poor officiating and loss of CJ as an excuse, and we would've all accepted it, but it seemed like the DL really stepped up in fourth quarter and just took the game over. Even when Weedon was getting it out, he was getting banged by someone. Richardson was getting stonewalled on nearly every play.