Bills Offense is Rolling - Who is leading the charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toe Show
    Perfect Toes Everytime!
    • Sep 2012

Bills Offense is Rolling - Who is leading the charge?

#1 Touchdowns per game
    #2 Red-Zone Efficiency
    #5 Yards/Play
    #3 Rushing Yards/ Game
    #2 Yards/ Rushing Attempt
    #1 Least Sacked Team

We have a solid offense right now, I think, led by our offensive line. As much as some focus on 'Bad Fitz', a (DARE I SAY) Top-5 offensive line is almost as valuable as a near-elite QB. A solid QB is useless without protection or the threat of a formidable run game - and I love that our 3rd RB went for 91 in 3 quarters.

Sure, Fitz has his moments, but he hasn't thrown a pick in 2 straight games, and is throwing touchdown passes in the red zone off quick decisions. EFFICIENCY. We just need to see that same efficiency on third down throws.

I see the light. Big game this week. Chan ball is working. We can win with Choice.

Last edited by The Toe Show; 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM.
  • Gibby
    • Jun 2006

Re: Bills Offense is Rolling - Who is leading the charge?

also, has anyone noticed that T.J. Graham is making a lot of his critics shut up? He's gonna be something and is proving he isn't a one trick pony. I just wish we had a qb who could throw a long ball to him

Comment

• PTI
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
      also, has anyone noticed that T.J. Graham is making a lot of his critics shut up? He's gonna be something and is proving he isn't a one trick pony. I just wish we had a qb who could throw a long ball to him

Gabbert threw a real nice long ball for a win yesterday. Ponder is making downfield passes too. Bills just didn't rate QBs high enough on their draft board.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Did Fitz even make a pass attempt of more than 25 yards yesterday ??

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Don't need to when the Bills can complete 1 yard passes and get 10 yards. EVEN ON 3RD AND 9!!!! Why not try a 0 yard pass to see if the WR can run for 10. It worked yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

5.9 YPA is not beating good teams.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well, I would say Chan is the General leading the charge. It all stems from his offense & playcalling.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by PTI View Post
              Gabbert threw a real nice long ball for a win yesterday. Ponder is making downfield passes too. Bills just didn't rate QBs high enough on their draft board.
              Or at all, it seems. I still can't believe they passed up Mallett in round 3. That draft was so deep in quarterbacks you could've dived into it.

Comment

• The Toe Show
                Perfect Toes Everytime!
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                Lolz - see kinda my point - I don't understand why you would focus on the things we're not doing, when we're doing all these other, and maybe more important things at league leading levels.

You can't be master AND commander.

Why isn't the Bills' offense GOOD AT THE EVERYTHING? You just want an elite QB. I understand that, but you can still feel good about this. Drink the kool-aid, it's really good this year.

Comment

• PTI
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by The Toe Show View Post
                  Lolz - see kinda my point - I don't understand why you would focus on the things we're not doing, when we're doing all these other, and maybe more important things at league leading levels.

You can't be master AND commander.

Why isn't the Bills' offense GOOD AT THE EVERYTHING? You just want an elite QB. I understand that, but you can still feel good about this. Drink the kool-aid, it's really good this year.

The Kool Aid has to be very watered down at this point. I mean, they had their doors blow off by a division rival, and the beat two bad teams. We play 3 super tough games in a row now. If they can win 1 of them I will add some more powder to the Kool Aid.

Comment

• The Toe Show
                    Perfect Toes Everytime!
                    • Sep 2012

The Kool Aid has to be very watered down at this point. I mean, they had their doors blow off by a division rival, and the beat two bad teams. We play 3 super tough games in a row now. If they can win 1 of them I will add some more powder to the Kool Aid.
                    Yeah - after the Jets game though, I'm very happy to be where we are now. A strong indicator for some, maybe an aberration for me.

KC took down New Orleans, so they're not as bad as it seemed last week. (Cassel Sucks, Scott Mitchell Jr.)

If you're going to make the playoffs, you have to win games like the one this past week. And the Bills did it the way you're supposed. Complete control.

Top me off, thanks Russ.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Fizpatrick + Dareus > Ponder > Gabbert.

Comment

• The Toe Show
                        Perfect Toes Everytime!
                        • Sep 2012

For the record - Bills are 16th in yards per pass attempt, ahead of Denver.

Comment

• The Toe Show
                          Perfect Toes Everytime!
                          • Sep 2012

...Fitz is 1-3 on passes over 20 yards. But has a 143 passer rating against the Blitz, and is 8-11 in throwing in 3rd and long situations.

And check out his 1st-3rd and Goal. He is perfect from within 10.

He's doing a lot of good things.

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Awesome. With that TD, that gives Gabbert 1/2 the TD passes of Fitz.

With a little luck, he might improve over the whopping 12 he threw last year.

I can't imagine why people wanted to use a 1st round pick on this guy.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Enjoy this while we can. The first three games were relatively easy against the 19th, 28th, and 17th rated defenses. We have 10th, 12th, and 1st coming up.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X