PDA

View Full Version : hey "realists"!

BillsOwnAll
09-24-2012, 01:28 PM
The Bills are 2-1
The Pats are 1-2.

Thats REAL. :snicker: Now...tell me why this doesnt mean anything!

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Because its only 3 games. If they gave out rings after 3 games, we would have been the champs of last season. If you've paid attention to either of these teams over the last few years, you'd understand why it is unrealistic to start calling people out this early.

Yasgur's Farm
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
The Bills are 2-1
The Pats are 1-2.

Thats REAL. :snicker: Now...tell me why this doesnt mean anything!Why do you feel the need to poke the bear?

jdaltroy5
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
In the words of the immortal Harvey Keitel, "Let's not suck each others dicks just yet gentlemen."

I'm pretty excited about the way the last two weeks have gone, but until we have ACTUALLY clinched a playoff spot, I'm not going to celebrate anything.

I've been a Bills fan for too long to just expect things to keep running smoothly.

SabreEleven
09-24-2012, 01:46 PM
You know what else was real? We beat the Patriots last year in Week 3 and went on to a 6-1 record. How did that story end? Were you :snicker: in the end? Talk to me in 10 weeks...

Philagape
BULLETIN: NFL cancels rest of season

By John Wawrow
Associated Press

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today announced that the league has fired its replacement officials, and with no one to officiate the games, the rest of the 2012 season has been canceled.
As a result, the New England Patriots finished with their first losing season since 2000, and the Buffalo Bills qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 1999.
Goodell was noncommittal when asked whether the league would attempt to reach a deal with officials by January so that the playoffs and Super Bowl could still be played. "Maybe we'll find some Pop Warner officials," the commissioner said.

YankeeInRaleigh
The Bills are 2-1

Since nothing could possibly go wrong, and we've got the season locked up in a death embrace of awesomeness, I will commence in celebrating with you. Yay! The Bills are the NFL champs this year! Too bad they're going to make us play the rest of those pesky games.

Ed
09-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Because its only 3 games. If they gave out rings after 3 games, we would have been the champs of last season. If you've paid attention to either of these teams over the last few years, you'd understand why it is unrealistic to start calling people out this early.
Yet after just one game you were able to determine that this team would be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Skooby
09-24-2012, 02:21 PM
If you have been in a coma for the past 12 years & just woke up, the 2-1 start might mean something.

BillsOwnAll
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
haha great reactions keep em coming!

justasportsfan
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
any new "drawings" BOA?

Sammy Avalon
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
The fact I like about this season is that we didin't have a typical "hot start" like other years. We started out getting leveled by the Jets and it might've been a good thing.

At this point it's hard to tell if the Chiefs and Browns are just bad (Chiefs sure didin't look like it this week). But like someone mentioned before, last night was a game we would've pissed away before. After losing our star player to an injury the team regrouped and finished the game like it's supposed to.

That was very encouraging, but I'm still not sold that we're motre than an 8-8 team at this point. So yeah, consider me cautiously optimistic.

OpIv37
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Yet after just one game you were able to determine that this team would be lucky to win 3 games this year.

We still may not win more than 3. Most teams that we play aren't as bad as the Browns

BADTHINGSMAN
09-24-2012, 02:39 PM
As Opiv said, its been 3 games. Ill add that the teams Buffalo beat were the Chiefs and Browns. Don't need to hear the "but the Chiefs just beat the Saints" junk. Saints are not the same team as last 2-3 years. Buffalo has a lot to prove still. If Buffalo could pull off 3-0 or even 2-1 in the next 3 weeks, that would prove a lot.

better days
09-24-2012, 04:04 PM
As Opiv said, its been 3 games. Ill add that the teams Buffalo beat were the Chiefs and Browns. Don't need to hear the "but the Chiefs just beat the Saints" junk. Saints are not the same team as last 2-3 years. Buffalo has a lot to prove still. If Buffalo could pull off 3-0 or even 2-1 in the next 3 weeks, that would prove a lot.

Well, the Saints did lose a GREAT Guard in Carl Nicks, but they replaced him with Ben Grubbs a pretty good Guard himself. They have not really gone into the crapper as far as talent goes, & they still have Brees. And the Browns looked much better the first two weeks against both the Eagles & Bengals than they did against the Bills.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Why do you feel the need to poke the bear?

the bear is laughing.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
You know what else was real? We beat the Patriots last year in Week 3 and went on to a 6-1 record. How did that story end? Were you :snicker: in the end? Talk to me in 10 weeks...

So you will be miserable for most of the season, win or lose? Sounds like fun.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
haha great reactions keep em coming!
Let's see your reaction after Week 6.

trapezeus
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
-bills beat two bad teams and got smoked by another average team that has their number and happens to be in their division.
-Fitz still looks like the second half fitz. yeah, he managed the games in the win, but the issues he had with placement in bad weather is happening in good.
-the next three games are very difficult opponents and two are on the road on the west coast, back to back.

I think that's when you'll see what kind of team we have. if our depth is ready to rise to the occassion, we just might have a team that might win some games. Maybe that jets beating was a good thing. but the historical path of this team is to find new ways to let us down.

I was encouraged that they not only beat the two teams they were expecting to beat, but they convincingly beat them. That is good news. Let's see what these three weeks bring. if they can go 2-1 again and be 4-2 going back to buffalo to play the titans, i'm pretty excited. especially if were are fairly healthy.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Let's see your reaction after Week 6.

It seems like a miserable and mentally unhealthy way to be to constantly focus on the negative that can happen rather than the positive that has happened. This is what causes cancer.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
It seems like a miserable and mentally unhealthy way to be to constantly focus on the negative that can happen rather than the positive that has happened.
Who is focusing on the negative? I see a lot of positives on this team but I also see that they beat up on a couple of doormats. 3-3 is probably the best-case scenario unless things go absolutely to crap in SF and ARI. NE is a home game and they have eben beaten, but those two losses are to two of the best defenses in the league.

I'm not focusing on the negative at all. As the OP called me, I am a realist. Who do you think is more real? The guy that says to temper our expectations because the Bills haven't had much competition yet? Or the guy that bleats "2-1! That's real!"?

This is what causes cancer.
Cancer? How?

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Well, the Saints did lose a GREAT Guard in Carl Nicks, but they replaced him with Ben Grubbs a pretty good Guard himself. They have not really gone into the crapper as far as talent goes, & they still have Brees. And the Browns looked much better the first two weeks against both the Eagles & Bengals than they did against the Bills.

The Saints are down to their 3rd string head coach. It has far less to do wtih talent than with the complete chaos the suspensions caused.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Who is focusing on the negative? I see a lot of positives on this team but I also see that they beat up on a couple of doormats. 3-3 is probably the best-case scenario unless things go absolutely to crap in SF and ARI. NE is a home game and they have eben beaten, but those two losses are to two of the best defenses in the league.

I'm not focusing on the negative at all. As the OP called me, I am a realist. Who do you think is more real? The guy that says to temper our expectations because the Bills haven't had much competition yet? Or the guy that bleats "2-1! That's real!"?

What's real is the fact that we are 2-1. Focusing on the fact that we COULD lose in the future isn't reality. It's pessimistic fantasy.

Ingtar33
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM
well i predicted a 2-1 start... and i have the bills finishing 7-9 in the season prediction thread.

I'd say they're still well within expectations.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
What's real is the fact that we are 2-1. Focusing on the fact that we COULD lose in the future isn't reality. It's pessimistic fantasy.
Oh, so what do we do here? Are we not supposed to have any opinion about how they will do in the coming weeks? Or is it that we can only speculate positively?

I suppose I "cause cancer" because I'm not going to toe the pollyanna line. Is that it? Please explain it to me because lord knows I don't want to cause any undue misery here. *rolls eyes*

gebobs
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
well i predicted a 2-1 start... and i have the bills finishing 7-9 in the season prediction thread.

I'd say they're still well within expectations.
And I called 9-7. To you I'd be an optimist. But to others here, I'm stuck in a "pessimistic fantasy". Go figure.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, so what do we do here? Are we not supposed to have any opinion about how they will do in the coming weeks? Or is it that we can only speculate positively?

I suppose I "cause cancer" because I'm not going to toe the pollyanna line. Is that it? Please explain it to me because lord knows I don't want to cause any undue misery here. *rolls eyes*

I said that people can give THEMSELVES cancer by being so pessimistic and negative about the future.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 05:23 PM
It seems like a miserable and mentally unhealthy way to be to constantly focus on the negative that can happen rather than the positive that has happened. This is what causes cancer.

until the Bills starting winning, a lot of fans are going to feel that way..... until the Bills start making the playoffs, a lot of fans are going to feel that way.... until The Old Fart sells the team, a lot of fans are going to feel that way.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 05:26 PM
I said that people can give THEMSELVES cancer by being so pessimistic and negative about the future.
You mean real physical cancer? Really? 'mkay.

Anyhoo...you say I'm pessimistic. I say I'm realistic. I say tomato, you say tomahtoe.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
You mean real physical cancer? Really? 'mkay.

Anyhoo...you say I'm pessimistic. I say I'm realistic. I say tomato, you say tomahtoe.

Yes. Stress causes cancer. Being pessimistic and negative is the antithesis of stress-free.

I say we are 2-1, you say we could be 2-14. These are not the same like tomato is to tomahto. More like "Look at this fresh tomato." with your response being "Yeah, but it could be dead and rotting in no time if you don't eat it now."

Just let me enjoy the ripe, fresh tomato thank you.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes. Stress causes cancer. Being pessimistic and negative is the antithesis of stress-free.

I say we are 2-1, you say we could be 2-14.

where did gebobs say that?

braddavery
09-24-2012, 06:20 PM
where did gebobs say that?

It wasn't quoting him. My point is I'm happy that we are 2-1, he's thinking about how we may lose games in the future.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 06:28 PM
It wasn't quoting him. My point is I'm happy that we are 2-1, he's thinking about how we may lose games in the future.

so gebobs should put on his rose colored glasses and think 15-1. gotcha... :up:

braddavery
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
so gebobs should put on his rose colored glasses and think 15-1. gotcha... :up:

You really took that from what I said? lol Clearly it's either one way or the other for you. Have fun with that.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
You really took that from what I said? lol Clearly it's either one way or the other for you. Have fun with that.

it's no different than YOU saying 2-14 when the guy said 9-7. you exaggerate something on somebody and then when it's done to you, you punt on 3rd down.

braddavery
09-24-2012, 06:38 PM
it's no different than YOU saying 2-14 when the guy said 9-7. you exaggerate something on somebody and then when it's done to you, you punt on 3rd down.

I wasn't being literal. I was making a point. Clearly he understood what I meant and responded accordingly... yet here you are.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Interesting. Please PM me some info. I've never heard that. I've heard that there might be a correlation (not necessarily causation) with mortality AFTER the disease is contracted, but I've never heard it causing cancer.

I say we are 2-1, you say we could be 2-14.
No. I never said that. Fail.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I wasn't being literal. I was making a point. Clearly he understood what I meant and responded accordingly... yet here you are.
OK...I'm not being literal then when I say you are a fool to think the Bills will be 15-1. Is that a fair assumption?

Look above. I clearly state, without ambiguity, that I predict 9-7. Yet you cast me as a fool by saying I think they will be 2-14. I'm done with you. You obviously are not going to discuss rationally.

gebobs
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
We ARE going to lose games. Several. What's so bad with that? Am I going to get cancer?

We are going to have our work cut out for us against the Cards. Look who they have beaten so far. SEA, NE, and PHI. Pretty impressive. I didn't realize what a team the Hawks had become until tonight. They are absolutely destroying the Packers OL. Eight sacks in the first half.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 02:01 AM
We ARE going to lose games. Several. What's so bad with that? Am I going to get cancer?

We are going to have our work cut out for us against the Cards. Look who they have beaten so far. SEA, NE, and PHI. Pretty impressive. I didn't realize what a team the Hawks had become until tonight. They are absolutely destroying the Packers OL. Eight sacks in the first half.

I never said we wouldn't lose any more games this year. You just aren't getting it. I'm talking about reality versus what you are doing. The only reality of our season is that we are 2-1. Stop pretending to be a "realist" by pointing out that we could lose more games. That's just you pretending to be a psychic.

PTI
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Tied for 4th best record in the entire NFL!!!!

2 games out of being tied for the last too!!

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
I never said we wouldn't lose any more games this year. You just aren't getting it. I'm talking about reality versus what you are doing. The only reality of our season is that we are 2-1. Stop pretending to be a "realist" by pointing out that we could lose more games. That's just you pretending to be a psychic.

2-1 is the reality, but it's not all of reality. There is more to it than that. Our CB's suck. We have key injuries. Our QB is mediocre and could implode at any time. The next two teams on the schedule are must better than the last two.

2-1 is not a bad thing and there is reason for hope, but there is reason for concern too. It's short-sighted to just look at the fact that we are 2-1. That's the reality.

better days
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
2-1 is the reality, but it's not all of reality. There is more to it than that. Our CB's suck. We have key injuries. Our QB is mediocre and could implode at any time. The next two teams on the schedule are must better than the last two.

2-1 is not a bad thing and there is reason for hope, but there is reason for concern too. It's short-sighted to just look at the fact that we are 2-1. That's the reality.

Of course there is reason for concern. I think everyone on this board knows that. Nothing needs to be said about concern, it is understood & everyone has it.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Of course there is reason for concern. I think everyone on this board knows that. Nothing needs to be said about concern, it is understood & everyone has it.

When I see posts like this or F_L's post complaining about people who pointed out concerns, I'm not so sure that's true.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
No one is complaining about people who point out concerns. I think some of you are missing the entire point of the thread, that the Bills are 2-1 and you should be happy about that, not upset because we could lose games in the future.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
No one is complaining about people who point out concerns. I think some of you are missing the entire point of the thread, that the Bills are 2-1 and you should be happy about that, not upset because we could lose games in the future.

What do we get for being 2-1? Playoff berth? Lombardi Trophy?

braddavery
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM

One game at a time. That's "reality". If we lose next week we will be 2-2, if we win, 3-1. That's "reality".

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 12:05 PM
One game at a time. That's "reality". If we lose next week we will be 2-2, if we win, 3-1. That's "reality".

And some of us like trying to figure out what our chances are of being 3-1 vice 2-2. There is a challenge and some analysis in that, instead of just going "woooo! We're 2-1!" as if it means something.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
And some of us like trying to figure out what our chances are of being 3-1 vice 2-2. There is a challenge and some analysis in that, instead of just going "woooo! We're 2-1!" as if it means something.

I realize everything you do. I am just a Bills fan who is happy when we win, not a psychic preaching doom and gloom. You don't have any information about the Bills that I don't have as well.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I realize everything you do. I am just a Bills fan who is happy when we win, not a psychic preaching doom and gloom. You don't have any information about the Bills that I don't have as well.

Of course I don't have any information that you don't have.

Here's the problem: I'm willing to discuss ALL the information that's available, not just the fact that we won. That's the problem here. You are saying "Well, the CB's sucked and our QB is mediocre and we have injuries and the team that almost came back on us isn't nearly as good as the team we play next, but that information doesn't matter because we won."

Well, the reality is that, unless it's the Super Bowl, all that information DOES matter because there are still more games to be played.

And btw, pointing out flaws in the team and being happy about a win are not mutually exclusive. It's a faulty assumption to think that someone isn't happy about a win simply because they noticed some flaws.

Historian
09-25-2012, 12:35 PM
...some glaring flaws.

HAMMER
09-25-2012, 12:38 PM
When I see posts like this or F_L's post complaining about people who pointed out concerns, I'm not so sure that's true.

It's a good thing you are here to keep us all in line and tell us we are idiots. Why the frick can't you people stop over analyzing every play and enjoy the wins? It's a game, our team is playing well, they are being well coached. We realize we haven't beaten the cream of the crop, we don't need you to tell us. We realize the schedule gets tougher. Please just STFU for once, you are really annoying.

better days
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Posts like this? Seriously??? We ALL have concerns & we don't really need you to keep pointing this out to us.

HAMMER
09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Posts like this? Seriously??? We ALL have concerns & we don't really need you to keep pointing this out to us.

No Better Days, we aren't smart enough to see flaws, we only see bright shiny objects.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:08 PM
It's a good thing you are here to keep us all in line and tell us we are idiots. Why the frick can't you people stop over analyzing every play and enjoy the wins? It's a game, our team is playing well, they are being well coached. We realize we haven't beaten the cream of the crop, we don't need you to tell us. We realize the schedule gets tougher. Please just STFU for once, you are really annoying.

I'm not trying to keep anyone in line or tell anyone that they're idiots. I'm simply trying to discuss the team. It just becomes extremely difficult when the slightest criticism, no matter how apt it may be, is met with "waaaaahhhhh you're complaining about a win!" And like I already said, there are plenty of people on here who AREN'T acting like they know we didn't beat the cream of the crop. They get pissed at any implication that the team isn't perfect (i.e. this thread). And like I already said, analyzing the team and enjoying the win aren't mutually exclusive. I happen to like analyzing the team and actually thinking about it and discussing it rather than just going "Wooo!!! we're 2-1" as if it means something. And I really don't give a **** if you find it annoying.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
No Better Days, we aren't smart enough to see flaws, we only see bright shiny objects.

it has nothing to do with smarts. It has to do with people being mentally incapable of dealing with the fact that the team has flaws. They'd rather just go "wooo! we won!" than have an honest discussion about the team on a message board devoted to discussing the team. Which is fine, except for the fact that they feel the need to whine about anyone who DOES actually want to discuss the team realistically.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM

um, I commented on the play during a game A FEW HOURS after the game. I was simply discussing the team. But it becomes "waaaaaahhhH!! Op's pointing out flaws again." Let it go, accept that the team has flaws, and have a legitimate discussion about it. Why is that so hard.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
it has nothing to do with smarts. It has to do with people being mentally incapable of dealing with the fact that the team has flaws. They'd rather just go "wooo! we won!" than have an honest discussion about the team on a message board devoted to discussing the team. Which is fine, except for the fact that they feel the need to whine about anyone who DOES actually want to discuss the team realistically.

This is complete and utter horse ****. "...mentally incapable of dealing with the fact that the team has flaws."? Really? lol Everyone knows this team has flaws. Everyone knows that EVERY team in the NFL has flaws. The point of this thread is FOCUS. Do you FOCUS on the negatives or do you FOCUS on the positives. I prefer to FOCUS on the positives even though I am certainly CAPABLE of dealing with the flaws. In fact, focusing on the positives is a way of DEALING WITH THE FLAWS. Your broad strokes are a mess. You can be positive and FOCUS on the positives while understanding that we have flaws.

Historian
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Try not to throw a clot there, Blonde.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
This is complete and utter horse ****. "...mentally incapable of dealing with the fact that the team has flaws."? Really? lol Everyone knows this team has flaws. Everyone knows that EVERY team in the NFL has flaws. The point of this thread is FOCUS. Do you FOCUS on the negative or do you FOCUS on the positive. I prefer to FOCUS on the positives even though I am certainly CAPABLE of dealing with the flaws. In fact, focusing on the positives is in fact a way of DEALING WITH THE FLAWS. Your broad strokes don't work. You can be positive while knowing that we have flaws.

If everyone knows that the team has flaws, why do people argue with me? Why do people get so upset when I simply want to discuss them?

Focusing on the positive is your way of IGNORING the flaws. It's a message board devoted to discussing the team. It's unrealistic if we don't discuss the flaws along with the positive.

And I don't focus on the negative OR the positive. I focus on what I see on the field. The team hasn't been good for a very long time, so of course there is going to be more negative than positive. That's the reality.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
There is a huge difference in being happy that we are 2-1 and being enthusiastic about winning the next game and just explaining over and over again all of our flaws while saying that we could lose against good teams. I mean, no ****. Everyone knows we have a ways to go and have to beat good teams to be one of the best. It's completely obvious.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
There is a huge difference in being happy that we are 2-1 and being enthusiastic about winning the next game and just explaining over and over again all of our flaws while saying that we could lose against good teams.

I wouldn't explain them over and over again if people didn't argue with me about them every time.

Does anyone complain about all the threads about how great Spiller is? or how well our OL is playing? No? Hmmmm.... why not?

It's not the repetition that annoys you. It's the content.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't explain them over and over again if people didn't argue with me about them every time.

Does anyone complain about all the threads about how great Spiller is? or how well our OL is playing? No? Hmmmm.... why not?

It's not the repetition that annoys you. It's the content.

No. It's the repetition. How many times can one hear that we need a better QB and need to do this and need to do that before enough is enough. See, I think that most people just like to be proven right. So if we lose the next game or a handful of games out of the next bunch of games you can say "I told you so". But if you are wrong and the Bills are successful, you will find other negative things to try and be right about with future games. Some people focus on the negatives, some people focus on the positives. That said, why would anyone want to focus on negative things when there are positive things to focus on.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
No. It's the repetition. How many times can one hear that we need a better QB and need to do this and need to do that before enough is enough. See, I think that most people just like to be proven right. So if we lose the next game or a handful of games out of the next bunch of games you can say "I told you so". But if you are wrong and the Bills are successful, you will find other negative things to try and be right about with future games. Some people focus on the negatives, some people focus on the positives. That said, why would anyone want to focus on negative things when there are positive things to focus on.

lmao, yeah, that's it. that's the fallback whenever people get thrashed by me in these arguments: "you just want to get proven right!" For the record, I take no glory in losing, even if it means that I'm right. So, I'm willing to put myself in a tough position to discuss the team realistically. If I'm right, well, we still lost, and if I'm wrong, then I have to come here and take **** after a win. But I have no problem doing it in order to discuss the team as realistically as I can.

And Guess what? We have games every week. Guess what? The same flaws manifest themselves every week. When you discuss the games realistically, they are going to keep coming up. What am I supposed to do? "Well, we talked about how mediocre Fitz is and how our CB's suck last week, guess I'm not going to bring it up even though it was extremely relevant to what happened during the game today." Please.

Don't blame me for discussing it. Blame the players for not performing. Blame the team for not fixing it.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
lmao, yeah, that's it. that's the fallback whenever people get thrashed by me in these arguments: "you just want to get proven right!" For the record, I take no glory in losing, even if it means that I'm right. So, I'm willing to put myself in a tough position to discuss the team realistically. If I'm right, well, we still lost, and if I'm wrong, then I have to come here and take **** after a win. But I have no problem doing it in order to discuss the team as realistically as I can.

And Guess what? We have games every week. Guess what? The same flaws manifest themselves every week. When you discuss the games realistically, they are going to keep coming up. What am I supposed to do? "Well, we talked about how mediocre Fitz is and how our CB's suck last week, guess I'm not going to bring it up even though it was extremely relevant to what happened during the game today." Please.

Don't blame me for discussing it. Blame the players for not performing. Blame the team for not fixing it.

But we are 2-1. The players have performed well enough to get us to 2-1. What does the team need to fix other than details to make us even better. Your complete focus is completely on the other side of the spectrum of the fact that we are 2-1. lol It's almost like you are refusing to acknowledge every single positive thing about our season so far and are focusing intently on the loses we might have in the future. I mean hey, if that's fun for you, have at it. I'm just saying that you don't have to be like that. As I stated before, I know all the same things you know and probably agree with you on most issues related to the Bills, but you don't see me focusing solely on the negatives. Why do you?

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 03:13 PM
But we are 2-1. The players have performed well enough to get us to 2-1. What does the team need to fix other than details to make us even better. Your complete focus is completely on the other side of the spectrum of the fact that we are 2-1. lol It's almost like you are refusing to acknowledge every single positive thing about our season so far and are focusing intently on the loses we might have in the future. I mean hey, if that's fun for you, have at it. I'm just saying that you don't have to be like that. As I stated before, I know all the same things you know and probably agree with you on most issues related to the Bills, but you don't see me focusing solely on the negatives. Why do you?
I don't focus on the negatives. I focus on what I see.
And as far as the positives go, they are all over the board. There are plenty of threads discussing it already. Why do you need me to personally acknowledge them?

justasportsfan
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
this thread in a nutshell.

It's great we're 2-1 but we need to improve in several areas to make playoffs.

You homers and Nancies happy now?

braddavery
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
this thread in a nutshell.

It's great we're 2-1 but we need to improve in several areas to make playoffs.

You homers and Nancies happy now?

I'm not a "homer" or a "nancy". I love it when we win, am always enthusiastic about the next week's game and I know we have to get better. I'm not going to sit here and act like we are Super Bowl bound and I also won't sit here and act like we can't make it to the Super Bowl. It's all about balance.

Historian
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank You Justalicker!

:snicker:

Philagape
09-25-2012, 04:22 PM
But we are 2-1.

And they were 5-2 last year. Not saying they're going to collapse again, but what they are now doesn't matter. It's not a three-game season.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
And they were 5-2 last year. Not saying they're going to collapse again, but what they are now doesn't matter. It's not a three-game season.

What they were last season doesn't matter. What they are right now, 2-1, is actually ALL that maters right now.

Philagape
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
What they were last season doesn't matter. What they are right now, 2-1, is actually ALL that maters right now.

Why? Is there something significant about the three-week mark?

braddavery
09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Why? Is there something significant about the three-week mark?

What are you talking about?

Philagape
09-25-2012, 04:58 PM
What are you talking about?

Why does being 2-1 matter?

imbondz
09-25-2012, 05:07 PM
actually we learned last year that 3-0 doesn't matter. tho I do think we're a tad better this year on both sides of the ball.

buffalobillsfan95
09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think 2-1 matters but I like how the bills responded to the ass beating the jets gave us. The team was already kicked off its high chair from week one and viewed as impossters of what we were capable of.

Even though bills won 2 games against 2 bad teams, it's still a sign that were not going to lay down like in previous seasons

braddavery
09-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Why does being 2-1 matter?

You lost me man. Clearly 2-1 is better than 1-2 or 0-3.

BillsFever21
09-25-2012, 06:47 PM
The Bills are 2-1
The Pats are 1-2.

It's 3 weeks into the season. I'm sure that won't be the same 6 weeks from now.

Philagape
09-25-2012, 07:16 PM
You lost me man. Clearly 2-1 is better than 1-2 or 0-3.

But we're less than one-fifth into the season, and much tougher games remain, like the next three. Why take any satisfaction in such a small sample, when things can change so quickly? It's all about the big picture.

better days
09-25-2012, 07:27 PM
But we're less than one-fifth into the season, and much tougher games remain, like the next three. Why take any satisfaction in such a small sample, when things can change so quickly? It's all about the big picture.

Well, some people may want to wait until the season is over for their satisfaction, but others like myself, prefer to live in the moment & enjoy each win for what it is.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 07:36 PM

No it's not. It's about winning the next game. We need to beat the Patriots. That's what is on our players' and staff's minds and that is what is on my mind. Why waste my time trying to be a psychic and think negatively about weeks into the future. I'm just enthused about Sunday. The NFL is a week to week game. All I am thinking about right now is that I hope C.J. AND Fred are playing this week, I'm hoping that Fitz can get on the same page as our receivers, I'm hoping our young corners progress and not regress and I'm hoping that our rookie punter will be okay.

Philagape
09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
No it's not. It's about winning the next game. We need to beat the Patriots. That's what is on our players' and staff's minds and that is what is on my mind. Why waste my time trying to be a psychic and think negatively about weeks into the future. I'm just enthused about Sunday. The NFL is a week to week game. All I am thinking about right now is that I hope C.J. AND Fred are playing this week, I'm hoping that Fitz can get on the same page as our receivers, I'm hoping our young corners progress and not regress and I'm hoping that our rookie punter will be okay.

You're entitled to think however you want. As are the rest of us. I have no problem with you thinking how you want, but the tolerance has to be mutual. People who can't stand opinions they don't like shouldn't be on a message board.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
You're entitled to think however you want. As are the rest of us. I have no problem with you thinking how you want, but the tolerance has to be mutual. People who can't stand opinions they don't like shouldn't be on a message board.

I never said I "can't stand" anyone's opinion. I said it's ridiculous to be so negative about the future when the present is bright.

Philagape
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I never said I "can't stand" anyone's opinion. I said it's ridiculous to be so negative about the future when the present is bright.

People believe that based on analysis of the team's strengths and weaknesses, as well as the quality of opposition. It's a much more substantial assertion, further supported by recent history, than thinking, "Woooo, we're 2-1, happy days are here again!" Disagree if you wish, but it's not ridiculous.
The present was very bright early last year, too. Ergo, a bright present does not necessarily mean a bright future.

BillsOwnAll
09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I mean I made this thread when I was hammered just to see what kinda reactions I would get...3 days later its still going!

You never disappoint BFZ community!

PS. Book your SB tickets boys! Were on a run!

braddavery
09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
People believe that based on analysis of the team's strengths and weaknesses, as well as the quality of opposition. It's a much more substantial assertion, further supported by recent history, than thinking, "Woooo, we're 2-1, happy days are here again!" Disagree if you wish, but it's not ridiculous.
The present was very bright early last year, too. Ergo, a bright present does not necessarily mean a bright future.

I don't live in the past or the future. Apparently some of you do. So be it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I made this thread when I was hammered just to see what kinda reactions I would get...3 days later its still going!

You never disappoint BFZ community!

PS. Book your SB tickets boys! Were on a run!

But don't you want to shoot yourself because we could lose the rest of our games or miss the playoffs?

BillsOwnAll
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't live in the past or the future. Apparently some of you do. So be it.

- - - Updated - - -

But don't you want to shoot yourself because we could lose the rest of our games or miss the playoffs?Just a tip here at the zone...Theres 2 groups of people in here...the "realists/pessimeists/haters/non billllevers/love when the bills lose...and the people who just enjoy watching the bills and are actually happy when they win.. The first group of people i mentioned...there is no point in arguing with them..they love thinking of the bad, there happy when they lose cause it means they were right. You wont change the opinion, dont even try.

OpIv37
09-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Just a tip here at the zone...Theres 2 groups of people in here...the "realists/pessimeists/haters/non billllevers/love when the bills lose...and the people who just enjoy watching the bills and are actually happy when they win.. The first group of people i mentioned...there is no point in arguing with them..they love thinking of the bad, there happy when they lose cause it means they were right. You wont change the opinion, dont even try.

it's asinine to say that anyone here loves it when the Bills lose. Saying that crap destroys whatever tiny shred of credibility you may have had.

BillsOwnAll
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Op i really dont care if you think i have cred lol...Ill tell you my opinion if you dont like it oh well...honestly i usually hate your opinion but oh well..where would the zone be if we didnt have characters like you!

Philagape
09-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Just a tip here at the zone...Theres 2 groups of people in here...the "realists/pessimeists/haters/non billllevers/love when the bills lose...and the people who just enjoy watching the bills and are actually happy when they win.. The first group of people i mentioned...there is no point in arguing with them..they love thinking of the bad, there happy when they lose cause it means they were right. You wont change the opinion, dont even try.

It's why I've said for years that there should be a forum just for the cheerleaders, separate from actual unbiased fan discussion, so neither side would have to tolerate the other.

braddavery
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
It's why I've said for years that there should be a forum just for the cheerleaders, separate from actual unbiased fan discussion, so neither side would have to tolerate the other.

"unbiased fan discussion"

lol

Now there is an oxymoron if I ever did see one.

Philagape
09-25-2012, 10:12 PM
"unbiased fan discussion"

lol

Now there is an oxymoron if I ever did see one.

The definition of a fan is someone who wants a team to win. That has no bearing on objectivity of opinion.
An unbiased fan is a fan.
A biased fan is a homer.

Fixxxer
09-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Apparently, misery.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 02:40 AM
It's not realistic to project that we will lose more games? It's "pretending to be a psychic" to consider what may happen in the future? Brad, you're not making any sense.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 02:42 AM
I realize everything you do. I am just a Bills fan who is happy when we win, not a psychic preaching doom and gloom.
I know I certainly am not a "psychic preaching doom and gloom". This is a straw man of your own making.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 02:45 AM
That is one bunch of sanctimonious blather. Everyone here is happy when the Bills win, jackass.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2012, 05:30 AM
The Bills are 2-1
The Pats are 1-2.

Because last year the Bills started out 3-0 and look how they ended up. It's too early in the year to attempt your supposed attack here on the realists as you put it. lol There's still a lot of season left. Just saying.

justasportsfan
09-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm not a "homer" or a "nancy". I love it when we win, am always enthusiastic about the next week's game and I know we have to get better. I'm not going to sit here and act like we are Super Bowl bound and I also won't sit here and act like we can't make it to the Super Bowl. It's all about balance.

Not the realists fault. They are good at what they do. the thread starter baited the realists and they took the bait easily.

BillsOwnAll
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
This is probbally the best thread I ever made haha

braddavery
09-26-2012, 02:10 PM
The definition of a fan is someone who wants a team to win. That has no bearing on objectivity of opinion.
An unbiased fan is a fan.
A biased fan is a homer.

We are all fans here. Stop acting like you are a "better" fan because you publicly point out **** relentlessly that EVERYONE already knows. Just because some of us don't wallow in self-pity that the Bills have been bad for more than a decade doesn't mean we don't understand everything you do. Everyone knows that we need to improve to beat the good teams. EVERYONE. It's what you choose to FOCUS on that defines your fandom. Some choose pessimism and negativity, some choose optimism and positivity. Ask the players which fans they would prefer.

HAMMER
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Congratulations Opi, you are becoming a legend in the Bills online community, from TBD.
"BillsZone, right? Opi is the king of the miserable over there. Unfortunately TBD is starting to get overrun with the same negative types. They are driving away the long-timers. You can't even say anything positive about the Bills without someone slamming you as a homer."

OpIv37
09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Congratulations Opi, you are becoming a legend in the Bills online community, from TBD.
"BillsZone, right? Opi is the king of the miserable over there. Unfortunately TBD is starting to get overrun with the same negative types. They are driving away the long-timers. You can't even say anything positive about the Bills without someone slamming you as a homer."

Lmao- this thread has nothing to do with anyone saying anything positive about the Bills. It has to do with BoA calling people out after a mere 3 games, and it has to do with whiners who can't stand legitimate criticism of the team. "Waaaaaahhhhh the team wasn't perfect in a win and Op made me acknowledge it!" Some of us just want to have legitimate discussion about the team without getting called a "negative nancy" or being accused of wanting the team to lose every time we point out the reality that some parts of this team aren't very good.

And seriously, have you even watched this team for the past 12 years or so? There has been a hell of a lot more negative than positive. And this year, we've had two good games and one absolutely brutal one. I don't know where some of you get this crazy expectation that people are going to be positive about a team like this. The reality is that the team has been consistently bad so the discussions are going to include a lot of "negative." It sucks, but it is what it is.

Mouldsie
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I cant get week 1 out of my head.... and I wont be able to unless they win 2 of the next 3.

braddavery
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Lmao- this thread has nothing to do with anyone saying anything positive about the Bills. It has to do with BoA calling people out after a mere 3 games, and it has to do with whiners who can't stand legitimate criticism of the team. "Waaaaaahhhhh the team wasn't perfect in a win and Op made me acknowledge it!" Some of us just want to have legitimate discussion about the team without getting called a "negative nancy" or being accused of wanting the team to lose every time we point out the reality that some parts of this team aren't very good.

And seriously, have you even watched this team for the past 12 years or so? There has been a hell of a lot more negative than positive. And this year, we've had two good games and one absolutely brutal one. I don't know where some of you get this crazy expectation that people are going to be positive about a team like this. The reality is that the team has been consistently bad so the discussions are going to include a lot of "negative." It sucks, but it is what it is.

You just don't get it. You don't. There is more to the Bills 2012 season than doom and gloom. There just is. As I have said a hundred times already, posters like you seem to ONLY focus on the negatives. That's just a fact. We ALL get that we need to improve. You aren't going to open anyone's eyes by being pessimistic. We KNOW how bad this team has been. We KNOW that we need to beat the better teams. We KNOW this. That's why I live in the now. And right now, we are 2-1 and looking to win our next game. Enough said.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 05:01 PM
This is probbally the best thread I ever made haha
No credit to you for that other than your baiting OP.

OpIv37
09-26-2012, 05:33 PM
You just don't get it. You don't. There is more to the Bills 2012 season than doom and gloom. There just is. As I have said a hundred times already, posters like you seem to ONLY focus on the negatives. That's just a fact. We ALL get that we need to improve. You aren't going to open anyone's eyes by being pessimistic. We KNOW how bad this team has been. We KNOW that we need to beat the better teams. We KNOW this. That's why I live in the now. And right now, we are 2-1 and looking to win our next game. Enough said.

If everyone knows, why do so many argue the points I make? And when they can't win the argument, it turns to "well you only focus on the negative." So, I don't buy this "everyone knows" crap.

Oh, and now you want to talk about winning the next game? You don't think our shoddy CB play is important going up against one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL? You don't think injuries to our two star RB's will have an effect? What about our pass rush being inconsistent going up against a great QB? These things will determine the outcome. Not the good OL play. Not Fitz suddenly being able to take care of the ball (for a whole two weeks), etc.

And guess what? We KNOW the OL is playing well. We KNOW Spiller is putting up video game numbers. We KNOW Fitz hasn't thrown an INT in the last two games. Why do people need to keep reminding us? Why do we need to keep discussing that?

Piss poor "logic."

braddavery
09-26-2012, 05:35 PM
If everyone knows, why do so many argue the points I make? And when they can't win the argument, it turns to "well you only focus on the negative." So, I don't buy this "everyone knows" crap.

Oh, and now you want to talk about winning the next game? You don't think our shoddy CB play is important going up against one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL? You don't think injuries to our two star RB's will have an effect? What about our pass rush being inconsistent going up against a great QB? These things will determine the outcome. Not the good OL play. Not Fitz suddenly being able to take care of the ball (for a whole two weeks), etc.

And guess what? We KNOW the OL is playing well. We KNOW Spiller is putting up video game numbers. We KNOW Fitz hasn't thrown an INT in the last two games. Why do people need to keep reminding us? Why do we need to keep discussing that?

Piss poor "logic."

Lighten up. We are 2-1. Enjoy the ride until it's not worth riding anymore.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Piss poor "logic."
And despite all that "negativity", I bet you will be watching the game and screaming for the Bills just like me. Weird!

braddavery
09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
As if balance is a bad thing. Why FOCUS on the negatives while ignoring the positives. We can go in circles all day long, but some of you still can't answer as to why you solely FOCUS on the negatives.

OpIv37
09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
And despite all that "negativity", I bet you will be watching the game and screaming for the Bills just like me. Weird!

What's your point?

Wanting the team to win and actually expecting them to do so are two completely different things. There is a difference between hope and expectations.

OpIv37
09-26-2012, 05:42 PM
As if balance is a bad thing. Why FOCUS on the negatives while ignoring the positives. We can go in circles all day long, but some of you still can't answer as to why you solely FOCUS on the negatives.

I absolutely have answered this. When a team is as bad as the Bills have been over the last 12 years are so, they are defined by the negatives, not the positives. The reason we get the results we do are because of the glaring amount of negatives, not the positives. It's impossible to discuss a team this bad without discussing the negatives.

And yes, I know they are 2-1 last year, but they were 3-0 at this point last year and 5-1 a few weeks later. So until they prove otherwise, they're still a bad team.

braddavery
09-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I absolutely have answered this. When a team is as bad as the Bills have been over the last 12 years are so, they are defined by the negatives, not the positives. The reason we get the results we do are because of the glaring amount of negatives, not the positives. It's impossible to discuss a team this bad without discussing the negatives.

And yes, I know they are 2-1 last year, but they were 3-0 at this point last year and 5-1 a few weeks later. So until they prove otherwise, they're still a bad team.

Peace out. Enjoy the season.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 06:11 PM
For myself, I certainly don't focus on the negatives. But given their recent and not-so-recent past, there is little to be positive about. They have an easy schedule this year, so I think they might crack 0.500.

But despite the positives of the OL including the meteoric development of Glenn, despite what appears to be a seamless transition at running back and a solid one-two punch if they can stay healthy, despite the stout play of the line, despite two decent games against bottom feeders, despite Fitz's glowing stats, despite all these positive things, the team is not going to be a threat to any of the contenders.

But it seems that guys like you would rather just focus on these positives and completely ignore the weaknesses and you bristle at anyone that would dare to bring them up. Is the fan psyche so fragile that we can't discuss these things? Isn't that what this forum is for?

I hope to hell that the Bills will win this weekend. I know all the pollyannas like to think that we realists sit in front of our television and root for the team to fail. I suppose it makes them feel better that they think they are the better fan and that we are not real fans. But let me disabuse everyone here about that. We cheer for the team too. We strut a bit the next day when they win. We mope when they lose.

And it's that sanctimony by little pissants like the OP that is excruciatingly maddening. He thinks he's a better fan than me? Eff that noise and eff it good. I've been watching this team win and lose, mostly lose, probably for decades before he could wipe his own ass. He's a troll. I hate trolls.

Brad, you are not a troll. Stop hanging out with one.

braddavery
09-26-2012, 06:16 PM
For myself, I certainly don't focus on the negatives. But given their recent and not-so-recent past, there is little to be positive about. They have an easy schedule this year, so I think they might crack 0.500.

But despite the positives of the OL including the meteoric development of Glenn, despite what appears to be a seamless transition at running back and a solid one-two punch if they can stay healthy, despite the stout play of the line, despite two decent games against bottom feeders, despite Fitz's glowing stats, despite all these positive things, the team is not going to be a threat to any of the contenders.

But it seems that guys like you would rather just focus on these positives and completely ignore the weaknesses and you bristle at anyone that would dare to bring them up. Is the fan psyche so fragile that we can't discuss these things? Isn't that what this forum is for?

I hope to hell that the Bills will win this weekend. I know all the pollyannas like to think that we realists sit in front of our television and root for the team to fail. I suppose it makes them feel better that they think they are the better fan and that we are not real fans. But let me disabuse everyone here about that. We cheer for the team too. We strut a bit the next day when they win. We mope when they lose.

And it's that sanctimony by little pissants like the OP that is excruciatingly maddening. He thinks he's a better fan than me? Eff that noise and eff it good. I've been watching this team win and lose, mostly lose, probably for decades before he could wipe his own ass. He's a troll. I hate trolls.

Brad, you are not a troll. Stop hanging out with one.

You just don't get it. I'm not "completely ignoring the weaknesses" and I'm not "bristling at anyone who dares bring them up". Whatever, man. Do whatever you want. Enjoy the season.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
You just don't get it. I'm not "completely ignoring the weaknesses" and I'm not "bristling at anyone who dares bring them up". Whatever, man. Do whatever you want. Enjoy the season.
I'm sorry, isn't it you that has chided us at every turn in this thread for bringing up anything negative? Isn't it you that said that everyone gets that the Bills have areas that need to improve so we don't need to discuss them?

better days
09-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Piss poor "logic."

Well, did you know Aaron Willliams is playing well at CB? I posted that a few days ago & after I posted that, a few experts including Bill Belichick have said how well Williams is playing.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, did you know Aaron Willliams is playing well at CB? I posted that a few days ago & after I posted that, a few experts including Bill Belichick have said how well Williams is playing.

Sorry, but anything a coach says about the opposing team the week before a game can be thrown right out the window. Even if Belicheck things that Aaron Williams is pure crap, he's not going to call the guy out publicly and give the Bills some bulletin board material. Coaches are all politicians in that sense.

And honestly, from what I've seen, Aaron Williams isn't playing well. I don't care who else says he is- I've watched him and he's not. If I'm an opposing OC, I'm looking toward Gilmore in zone situations because he tends to get confused, and I'm looking at Williams or McGee in man situations because they're both getting beat consistently.

better days
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry, but anything a coach says about the opposing team the week before a game can be thrown right out the window. Even if Belicheck things that Aaron Williams is pure crap, he's not going to call the guy out publicly and give the Bills some bulletin board material. Coaches are all politicians in that sense.

And honestly, from what I've seen, Aaron Williams isn't playing well. I don't care who else says he is- I've watched him and he's not. If I'm an opposing OC, I'm looking toward Gilmore in zone situations because he tends to get confused, and I'm looking at Williams or McGee in man situations because they're both getting beat consistently.

Well, I don't know what you are watching, but you are wrong about Williams. He has picked his game up this year. Belichick had no reason to point out Williams in particular as playing well. And like I said, he is not the only expert to say it.

justasportsfan
09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
No credit to you for that other than your baiting OP.

OP getting baited by BOA. lol

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, I don't know what you are watching, but you are wrong about Williams. He has picked his game up this year. Belichick had no reason to point out Williams in particular as playing well. And like I said, he is not the only expert to say it.

You're simply wrong about that. He's been getting beat a lot. We're talking about Aaron, the CB. Not Kyle, the DT, or Mario, the DE.

better days
09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
You're simply wrong about that. He's been getting beat a lot. We're talking about Aaron, the CB. Not Kyle, the DT, or Mario, the DE.

Well, if I am wrong, so are a number of experts that have said he is playing much better. He has been breaking up passes this year that he did not do before. Sorry, but you are the one who is wrong here Op. Looking forward to the game Sunday.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Well, if I am wrong, so are a number of experts that have said he is playing much better. He has been breaking up passes this year that he did not do before. Sorry, but you are the one who is wrong here Op. Looking forward to the game Sunday.

lmao. I don't care what the supposed "experts" say. This team has been run by supposed "experts" for the last 12 years- where did that get us? Performance dictates competence, not title. Aaron Williams "broke up" two passes on Sunday because the QB underthrew the ball, forcing the WR to slow down and allowing him to make up the ground he lost when he got burned. He got the break-ups because it was Weeden throwing the ball, and not Brady, Manning, or even Romo or Sanchez.

And we all know how much attention the "experts" pay to the Bills. They probably made those comments after looking at the stat sheet or watching a highlight that doesn't show the whole play.

Anyway, it's a fruitless effort because nothing I can say is going to convince you that Williams isn't that good. Unfortunately, nothing you can say is going to stop Tom Brady from whizzing TD throws right past Willams' head all game. I hope it doesn't go down like that, but from what I've seen on the field, I highly suspect that it will.

gebobs
09-27-2012, 12:04 PM
OP getting baited by BOA. lol
No doubt...I'm a sucker for trolls. Especially when they bring out the rest of the forum to talk smack.

gebobs
09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
One game against a 28-year-old rookie isn't going to convince me and you better believe it isn't going to convince Belichick no matter what you read about what he said. He's going to go after Williams and go after him hard. The Bills better get some pressure on Brady to help him out.

Williams is still wet behind the ears, but he needs to pick his game up soon. Like this weekend soon.

braddavery
09-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Agreed. Williams made two AMAZING plays ON THE BALL on two deep balls just last week. He has a ways to go, but the kid can do some absolutely amazing things.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Agreed. Williams made two AMAZING plays ON THE BALL on two deep balls just last week. He has a ways to go, but the kid can do some absolutely amazing things.

He didn't make amazing plays on the ball. He was desperately running to play catch-up and just got lucky that Weeden underthrew the ball and allowed him to recover. There was nothing amazing about those plays by Williams. Against Tom Brady, that exact same play is 6 at least 90% of the time.

better days
09-27-2012, 03:06 PM
lmao. I don't care what the supposed "experts" say. This team has been run by supposed "experts" for the last 12 years- where did that get us? Performance dictates competence, not title. Aaron Williams "broke up" two passes on Sunday because the QB underthrew the ball, forcing the WR to slow down and allowing him to make up the ground he lost when he got burned. He got the break-ups because it was Weeden throwing the ball, and not Brady, Manning, or even Romo or Sanchez.

And we all know how much attention the "experts" pay to the Bills. They probably made those comments after looking at the stat sheet or watching a highlight that doesn't show the whole play.

Anyway, it's a fruitless effort because nothing I can say is going to convince you that Williams isn't that good. Unfortunately, nothing you can say is going to stop Tom Brady from whizzing TD throws right past Willams' head all game. I hope it doesn't go down like that, but from what I've seen on the field, I highly suspect that it will.

Looking forward to Sunday. And when you say Manning, I assume you are refering to Eli, not to his OLD brother that can't throw worth a damn anymore.

gebobs
10-01-2012, 07:49 AM
The Bills are 2-1
The Pats are 1-2.

How about you tell us now how it did matter? Who is right about this team? The pollyannas or the realists?

GingerP
10-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Looking forward to Sunday. And when you say Manning, I assume you are refering to Eli, not to his OLD brother that can't throw worth a damn anymore.

He looked pretty good yesterday. Granted, it was Oakland, but 79% completions and a 130 QB Rating is pretty good.

Both Williams and Rogers were beaten like rented mules yesterday. Neither has shown they are the kind of players who can play key roles, and both may not even be on the team in 2 years.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM

He didn't make amazing plays on the ball. He was desperately running to play catch-up and just got lucky that Weeden underthrew the ball and allowed him to recover. There was nothing amazing about those plays by Williams. Against Tom Brady, that exact same play is 6 at least 90% of the time.

Lmao. You see that TD that Brady whizzed past Williams' head? That's what those "amazing" plays on the ball look like against a real QB who can hit receivers in stride. Williams got beat twice against Cleveland. Weeden underthrew the ball and saved his ass. Twice. Brady did him no such favors.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. The CB criticism last week WASN'T me "complaining about the win" or being a "negative nancy." It was simple reality.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Here we are.... altogether as we sing our song....JOYFULLY.....

who's up for some Kumbaya now?

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
All of us "realists" are just negative fans. The Bills are easily a playoff and SB contender. We had a better record then the Patriots for a week.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
All of us "realists" are just negative fans. The Bills are easily a playoff and SB contender. We had a better record then the Patriots for a week.

someone's singing, Lord, kumbaya......

Mike
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Not only that but were a dynasty in the making ala the 2000 Pats who went from 5-11 to Dynasty! And the difference between us and them is that when we go 16-0 we will actually win the SB! Ha to the Pats and Dols. Any disagreement obviously means that you are a negative nancy and have no faith in the wisdom of our expert FO and HC and obviously your nothing but a troll.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Not only that but were a dynasty in the making ala the 2000 Pats who went from 5-11 to Dynasty! And the difference between us and them is that when we go 16-0 we will actually win the SB! Ha to the Pats and Dols. Any disagreement obviously means that you are a negative nancy and have no faith in the wisdom of our expert FO and HC and obviously your nothing but a troll.

I know I have been hearing it for years. Unfortunately every year I'm within a win or two of their actual win total. One of these years they will have to be right(hopefully) and when we do have a winning record and make the playoffs they will say "I told you so"

I would love to hear them words because that would mean we finally did turn it around and have a good season.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I just reread this thread. Laugh riot.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Lmao. You see that TD that Brady whizzed past Williams' head? That's what those "amazing" plays on the ball look like against a real QB who can hit receivers in stride. Williams got beat twice against Cleveland. Weeden underthrew the ball and saved his ass. Twice. Brady did him no such favors.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. The CB criticism last week WASN'T me "complaining about the win" or being a "negative nancy." It was simple reality.

Weeden is garbage, Brady is not. There's the difference.

A team with a real QB and real WRs who could catch would have had the Bills sitting at 1-3 right now. But reality is reality, they're a 2-2 football team who will beat scrub teams and lose to the better teams. Thankfully for the Bills they have a few scrub games on their weak schedule so if they can steal a game or 2 against the better teams they can sneak into the 6th spot.

Of course, they'll be 1 and done in the playoffs if they get there but that's still better than the past 13 years if they can.

FYI I don't think this playoff team but it's still possible with all factors involved and truth is I picked 7-9 overall with them being 1-3 right now.

gebobs
10-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Re-read this thread, and you will see the realists here were optimistic. The OP and his ilk are dreamers completely divorced from reality.

BillsFever21
10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Damn us "realist" were wrong again about this team..Oh and the Patriots are dead done with too. Probably won't even make the playoffs like a few were saying. This team is the laughingstock of the NFL.

SABURZFAN
10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Someone's laughing my Lord...... Kumbaya......

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Funny how BoA shows up to talk **** after our wins but is nowhere to be found after blowout losses.....

****, I'm right most of the time, but when I'm wrong about something, I show up and take my medicine, and when I'm right, I don't gloat nearly this much.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Funny how BoA shows up to talk **** after our wins but is nowhere to be found after blowout losses.....

****, I'm right most of the time, but when I'm wrong about something, I show up and take my medicine, and when I'm right, I don't gloat nearly this much.

Of course he won't show up until our next win and then he will say we're only whatever amount of games out of the WC, etc.

I'm always within a game or two of our actual win total every season and I've predicted the outcome of every game so far this year. When it does come true I don't ever feel like gloating though. I wish I was wrong.

I get sick of trying to explain reality to some of these people who predict 10 wins every year. Them are also the same ones that keep saying it's early every season when we prove that we suck again. Someday these guys will be right and they will be gloating up a storm saying "I told you so" even though it only took about 15 years worth of predictions for it to come true. I would love to sit there and eat every word if I predicted a bad season that year. Unfortunately it never comes true though and it never will until we hire a competent front office/coaching staff and that will never happen as long as Ralph is here.

gebobs
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Of course he won't show up until our next win and then he will say we're only whatever amount of games out of the WC, etc.

I'm always within a game or two of our actual win total every season and I've predicted the outcome of every game so far this year. When it does come true I don't ever feel like gloating though. I wish I was wrong.

I get sick of trying to explain reality to some of these people who predict 10 wins every year. Them are also the same ones that keep saying it's early every season when we prove that we suck again. Someday these guys will be right and they will be gloating up a storm saying "I told you so" even though it only took about 15 years worth of predictions for it to come true. I would love to sit there and eat every word if I predicted a bad season that year. Unfortunately it never comes true though and it never will until we hire a competent front office/coaching staff and that will never happen as long as Ralph is here.
You know what else they say? "Your pessimism rubs off on the team. You make them bad!"

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:09 PM

It annoys me too. People get mad when I predict a bad season, as if I'm doing it just to make waves and piss people off, or because I just have a pessimistic mindset. But I strive to be objective and make a prediction that is as realistic as possible. If I honestly thought the team was capable of winning 10 games, I'd say that.

And btw, it looks like I was optimistic this year anyway. I initially predicted 7 wins, but at this point I'll be shocked if we get that many.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
It annoys me too. People get mad when I predict a bad season, as if I'm doing it just to make waves and piss people off, or because I just have a pessimistic mindset. But I strive to be objective and make a prediction that is as realistic as possible. If I honestly thought the team was capable of winning 10 games, I'd say that.

And btw, it looks like I was optimistic this year anyway. I initially predicted 7 wins, but at this point I'll be shocked if we get that many.

I predicted 6 wins again with 8 on the high end if a couple games bounced our way. Even though we had made moves from last years 6 win season that upgraded the team on paper I took into account a couple lucky wins that was a rare exception that we had early in the year. We should've been more like a 4 win team last year.

Between all that and that we still had the same junk coaches and an average QB that's why I put us in the 6-8 win range. Even with the upgrades all we did was upgrade an already horrible team and the same joke of a coaching staff was still here so in my book it wasn't going to account for much more then that. I was right on last year with 6 wins so I guess the couple lucky bounces got me right on target.

Extremebillsfan247
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Because last year the Bills started out 3-0 and look how they ended up. It's too early in the year to attempt your supposed attack here on the realists as you put it. lol There's still a lot of season left. Just saying. As I was saying. lol There's still a lot of season left. Our 2 wins came from teams with a combined record of 1-9. Personally, I would've waited until at least week 8 before putting out a thread even remotely like this one. At least then, the Op would have a leg to stand on. Just saying.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
As I was saying. lol There's still a lot of season left. Our 2 wins came from teams with a combined record of 1-9. Personally, I would've waited until at least week 8 before putting out a thread even remotely like this one. At least then, the Op would have a leg to stand on. Just saying.

If we started off good last year by winning a couple rare exceptions that might happen for most teams once a decade and then went in the tank after that and then to start this season off with our only two wins coming against teams with a combined record of 1-9 that should tell you all you need to know.

Just because it's early in the season it doesn't mean last year is a fair comparison in thinking that the roles could be reversed this time around and we will end up making the playoffs. Combined with the way we finished last season and the start of this season that equals a trend.

Extremebillsfan247
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
If we started off good last year by winning a couple rare exceptions that might happen for most teams once a decade and then went in the tank after that and then to start this season off with our only two wins coming against teams with a combined record of 1-9 that should tell you all you need to know.

Just because it's early in the season it doesn't mean last year is a fair comparison in thinking that the roles could be reversed this time around and we will end up making the playoffs. Combined with the way we finished last season and the start of this season that equals a trend. I think you missed the point. It wasn't a comparison. It was an example of what can happen with high expectations after just 3 games into an NFL season with this team.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM

i bet he's out washing Dozer's car again.

Skooby
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
i bet he's out washing Dozer's car again.

Like your Mom washes mine.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Like your Mom washes mine.

tell yours to wash the next time she comes over.