PDA

View Full Version : To beat the Patriots

Generalissimus Gibby
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
In their last four games the Patriots are 1-3. To keep the good times coming here is what needs to happen

1) Continued production from the lines, some here are calling Mario Williams fool's gold but the fact remains that in three games with him we have produced 9 sacks. On the O-Line we need to continue to keep fitz upright and running lanes open
2) No turnovers or ******ed mistakes. Make the Pats beat you and don't beat yourself. In week one we had 4 turnovers and lost, the last two weeks we've had one. We lose the TO battle we lose the game, we win it we win. Also, no stupid penalties or dumb playing calls (Chan this means nixing the water closet uh wildcat formation)
3) Speaking of Chan, get Fitz to throw in a couple long balls. The pats won't expect it from us and will probably put 10 men in the box. We are gonna have to go deep a few times this week
4) Speaking of Fitz, go to Eyemasters or Lenscrafters and get some glasses. The last thing we need this week are what the **** passes that just float along merrily into the hands of their DBs
5) Control time of possession. Give Bellijerk a repeat of Superbowl XXV. His team plays the part of the Bills, we play the part of the Giants.
6) Crowd must be in it from kickoff to final gun

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
To beat the pats: Brady and belicheat must be caught smooching in the coaches offices with their pants around their ankles with photos in the Inquirer and hide from the world on Sunday in shame.

seriously... A PPPPPIIIIIISSSSSEEEEDDDDD OFF Belecheat and Marcia coming onto town is not a good thing and I place our odds of winning at about 11.3 %... With the 11 part being wishful thinking and the .3 being realistic .

PS: your post is way more thought out and mature then mine :)

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Will be tough.

I looked at it this way, compared to the last time we played them here. Our D has improved, but thgeir D has iomproved as well. Our Offensive is not what it was last year this time. But their offense regressed a little, too. CJ Spiller is really that big a difference because he makes everyone that much better on offense.

To be honest, I don't see us winning this game, even if our D line play the level the Giants did in superbowl. We pretty much need Fitz to play over his head. Still we may not have enough offensive waepons, SJ, DJ, TJG just don't match up to what the Giants had.

Skooby
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Open up huge holes on NE's D-line & drive our guys through it, that'll control the clock / allow us to score TDs'.

trapezeus
09-24-2012, 04:30 PM
good post.

i think it is more weighted towards the defensive play. if the bills can bring the heat with their 4 guys and make brady complain, it's going to be some good fun. Because the pats are on the verge of imploding from their "we aren't getting respect". I'm not sure that belichick's grab of the arm doesn't put that team on high watch and very little leeway. I don't think there will be make up calls. I think there will be bad officiating in no real guageable manner. but if the pats sound off, i think they'll get some unsportsman like penalties. and if hte crowd can just ride brady when he's getting hit...it could get ugly.

The bills offense just needs to not be terrible. they have to look at the game as a fourth quarter game and stick with the run. The O-line sounds like they enjoyed the last two weeks and seem like they believe they can do this all season. Now is the time to give them that chance. It might not get crazy yards without spiller's home run speed. but it doesn't have to. just run the clock and work their defense.

I also feel like the bills will toss out a brad smith throwing play in the wildcat.

I'm excited for this game. not expecting a win, but it could happen.

more cowbell
09-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Are the Patriots going to be pissed, focused, and hungry for a win after dropping two straight? Absolutely.

Does this mean they are unbeatable? Nope.

Granted we have beaten two "bad" teams so far this year, but there is no reason we cannot win this game. The Bills will need to control the clock and play good defense. Based on our front four the past two weeks, I like our chances of generating a pass rush against a suspect o-line. Tashard Choice is far from a pushover at RB if Jackson can't go...one "positive" to the Spiller injury for this week is that Choice actually plays into the role of "controlling the clock" as he is more of a downhill grinder than Spiller is. Gailey needs to accommodate the gameplan this week, similar to the Kansas City gameplan of running the ball out of various formations, and relying on the run to set up the pass. The less chances Fitzpatrick has to turn the ball over, our chances of winning the game GREATLY improve. The strength of the New England defense is their pass rush...if they are able to get to Fitzpatrick, it's almost a guarantee he will turn the ball over (if history is any indication). The weakness of the New England defense is their secondary, and creating running opportunities out of a spread or multiple WR formation creates a lot of opportunities to expose this weakness, especially when it comes to tackling (if you watched the game last night it was hard to not notice the New England corners and safeties whiff constantly on the ball carrier)

Wildcard = Steven Ridley/Danny Woodhead. The Pats will undoubtedly try to find a wrinkle or to to get their run game going, considering everyone will expecting them to be passing the ball all over like they typically to against the Bills. A decent running attack will obviously open the pass more for Brady, who also likes to throw the ball to Woodhead out of the backfield. If the Bills run D can play as good as they have so far this season, and continue to get pressure on the QB...mistakes are bound to happen, no matter who the QB is.

Hands up! - McDaniels will have a lot of plays designed to get the ball out of Brady's hand quick, especially if the bills can generate a push inside of the Patriots line, which is when Brady struggles the most. Best way to defend this (as we saw last year) is to have the d-line immediately prepared to get their hands up. The Pats offense loves to have a TE act like they are going to stay home and block...then have them creep out once the D line has committed itself to pass rush. An injured Aaron Hernandez certainly will have an impact on the play calling as it has for the past two weeks.

Even with our improved defense from last season, it would be beyond stupid to think the Pats will not put up points. The key is to have our defense keep us in the game so we can continue to run the football.

I am aware of all the factors that the Patriots will be mad...boo hoo hoo...I expect the Bills to be much more prepared for this game than the Jets game. While New England has an elite QB, this offense is not what it was a few years back. Their defense is improved from last year, however still is not great. If we do not have to dig ourselves out of a 21 point hole, this game is more evenly matched than most people believe.

Go Bills.

stuckincincy
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the thoughtful post.