PDA

View Full Version : How to defend against Tom Brady - The Theory

ghz in pittsburgh
09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
There are some stats that I heard from my buddy here in Da'burgh about QB stats in face of 4 men rush and 5 men rush. For a lot of QBs the completion can go from 60% down to 37% Not for Brady.
Here are some intersting analysis of the Cardinals game pre- and post analysis.

http://arizonasports.com/59/1575100/Ron-Wolfley

So this why the Giants were able to get to him twice in Superbowl where others have failed time and time again -

Get to Brady with 4 men rush.

Maybe that's why Nix spend all this money to get Williams and Anderson. There will be someone (or two) on our front 4 getting singled up in each pass rush. The singled guy(s) need to beat him men most of the time. Plain and simple.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1337751-cardinals-vs-patriots-take-2-where-did-things-go-wrong-for-tom-brady-offense

A lot of demise of the Pats' offense is in the decline of their O-line. Hope that's the case next Sunday.

MTBillsFan
09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I have a fealing that Marcell and Kyle are going to have a monster game putting pressure up the middle. Hopefully this forces some rushed throws for INT's.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a fealing that Marcell and Kyle are going to have a monster game putting pressure up the middle. Hopefully this forces some rushed throws for INT's.

jamze132
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Our front 4 haven't provided much pressure so far out if base packages. And Brady had carved up our secondary for a decade, not sure why that would change next week.

Our DBs have been a step behind all season. All it takes is for a good QB to exploit them.

Historian
09-25-2012, 06:15 AM
If he's allowed to step up, he can be deadly.

Our middle should neutralize this.

TigerJ
09-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Absolutely, Nix put this team together to try and win the division, whether this year or next year or whenever. That means beating Belicheat, Brady, and the Patriots, and that means having a dominating defensive line. The Bills as presently constituted is no accident. Now, whether we get it done or not is open to debate, but the goal is clear.

Scumbag College
09-26-2012, 10:46 AM
If the Bills can get pressure on Brady with the front 4, they will more than likely win on Sunday. If not, they will probably lose. I think it's that simple.

If Brady has all day to throw, he will pick any defense apart. If you blitz him, he'll find the hot read and dink and dunk a defense to death. I think on the offensive side of the ball the Bills will score some points on Sunday, but the largest factor this Sunday is if the Bills can get pressure on Brady with the four down lineman or not.

jdaltroy5
09-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Our front 4 haven't provided much pressure so far out if base packages. And Brady had carved up our secondary for a decade, not sure why that would change next week.

Our DBs have been a step behind all season. All it takes is for a good QB to exploit them.

Umm...Our front 4 has 8 sacks in the last 2 games.

Most (if not all) from our base defense.

justasportsfan
09-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe we should dare Brady to throw deep. It's an anti-jauron scheme who's scheme allows you to throw under but not deep. We know that hasn't worked for years.

For Brady to throw deep he will need more time which might allow our DL to get to him. It's a risk with our young cb's but Brady supposedly hasn't been very accurate throwing deep lately. If our DL can make it uneasy for Brady while throwing deep, we can make it a long day for him. When you think about it, it's the same plan you use against Fitz.

jdaltroy5
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Also, I think the key to this Sunday will be to jam those receivers at the line.

I think our DL will overwhelm them, so they're going to be looking for quick hitters like the Jets killed us with.

We HAVE to disrupt their timing.

GingerP
09-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I would think the Pats are going to use shotgun and up-tempo a lot. Without Hernandez, they spread the field more and play like last year.

I agree we should play man-to-man to make him hold the ball. They are going to try and get the ball out quickly to hold up the Bills rush. Have to make him hold it so the pass rush can do it's job.

stuckincincy
09-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I would think the Pats are going to use shotgun and up-tempo a lot. Without Hernandez, they spread the field more and play like last year.

I agree we should play man-to-man to make him hold the ball. They are going to try and get the ball out quickly to hold up the Bills rush. Have to make him hold it so the pass rush can do it's job.

Man coverage - hmm. I'd have some concern about Brady picking that up and hitting short, medium, stick-moving stuff, with the db corps more or less faced away from the LOS.