PDA

View Full Version : My ode to Moorman

Joebuffalowins
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Sorry, I'm in the minority, but Moorman represented a sad state of affairs

Moorman is the perfect example for the problems the Bills encountered during the last 12 years. It was crappy football where the fans needed something to feel good about and that was the punter. Yes, the fricken punter. The Bills should be ashamed of themselves for giving us the punter as a feel good storyline. It is pathetic that they actually sold jerseys for the punter and if you own one, I hope you got it for 5 bucks. And if there's really an uproar for the punter getting cut, you need to fricken get ahold of yourself. This isn't Reed-Bruce-Thurman getting cut. The fact that I'm doing an "Ode to Brian Moorman" post is fricken sad. He punted. That was it.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/my-ode-to-brian-moorman.html

justasportsfan
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I loved Moorman but I'm all for trying to improve the team on the field.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I loved Moorman but I'm all for trying to improve the team on the field.

Yes, but cutting a player at a position that doesn't really need improvement and thus creating a weakness where there wasn't one is not how you improve a team. If Moorman had been a cancer or had openly criticized the coaching and the administration then yes cut him. If he had routinely been screwing up and costing the team games then cut him. However, this didn't appear to be going on.

justasportsfan
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, but cutting a player at a position that doesn't really need improvement and thus creating a weakness where there wasn't one is not how you improve a team. If Moorman had been a cancer or had openly criticized the coaching and the administration then yes cut him. If he had routinely been screwing up and costing the team games then cut him. However, this didn't appear to be going on.

Every position on this team can use improvement. Besides how do we know it is now a position of weakness by letting Moorman go. Some people here have argue that Moorman is not the same player he once was and was a weakness vs. the browns.

Powell while unproven was the best punter in college. There's room for improvement or whats called potential.

I was one of the guys who was baffled by letting Evans go for Donald Jones. While I'm still waiting for Jones to become a good wr, Evans is a jobless millionaire.

Bill Cody
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry, I'm in the minority, but Moorman represented a sad state of affairs

Moorman is the perfect example for the problems the Bills encountered during the last 12 years. It was crappy football where the fans needed something to feel good about and that was the punter. Yes, the fricken punter. The Bills should be ashamed of themselves for giving us the punter as a feel good storyline. It is pathetic that they actually sold jerseys for the punter and if you own one, I hope you got it for 5 bucks. And if there's really an uproar for the punter getting cut, you need to fricken get ahold of yourself. This isn't Reed-Bruce-Thurman getting cut. The fact that I'm doing an "Ode to Brian Moorman" post is fricken sad. He punted. That was it.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/my-ode-to-brian-moorman.html

He punted well. I'm grateful he was here and I don't see one thing negative about his time in Buffalo. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't understand your post.

Joebuffalowins
09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
He punted well. I'm grateful he was here and I don't see one thing negative about his time in Buffalo. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't understand your post.

He was good, but for him to be a fan favorite, I never understood. He's a punter. Seemed like we hated this team for so long and didn't have anything to like. So, we picked the punter. I wasnt on board with that. It was more comical than love if you ask me. "Hey! Our team stinks! So, let's cheer for the punter."

Bill Cody
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
He was good, but for him to be a fan favorite, I never understood. He's a punter. Seemed like we hated this team for so long and didn't have anything to like. So, we picked the punter. I wasnt on board with that. It was more comical than love if you ask me. "Hey! Our team stinks! So, let's cheer for the punter."

You said it yourself, we didn't have anything else to like. So Moorman should have sucked to fit in? Or fans should have ignored that he was good because he was a punter? That seems kind of weird. Still not with you.

cookie G
09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
How many punters ever had their own play on Madden?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f0YF0JqO6uU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>