PDA

View Full Version : Chance to put a dagger

DGreg
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
We must look at Sunday's game as a MUST, MUST, MUST dominate. If we pound the Pats at home we can send a statement to the league. I can just see Tom Brady crying on the side lines and BellyCheat putting a ref in a headlock after the game. I know it is still early and all that, but this is OUR time. Lets signal the start of the fall of the Pats empire.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I hear Bellichick will be putting Moorman under hypnosis to find out all secrets possible about our team.

justasportsfan
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope so. This D will have to carry this team because I doubt our offense can do much will all the injuries.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe winning should be the primary goal and dominating should be a secondary concern

Generalissimus Gibby
09-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Maybe winning should be the primary goal and dominating should be a secondary concern

Actually, a close win where we come from about a td to ten down in the fourth would be enough to destroy the Pats. Sure, they have the talent to overcome a 1-3 start and make the playoffs but a close loss could break their will.

stuckincincy
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I hope so. This D will have to carry this team because I doubt our offense can do much will all the injuries.

No OL, no significant receiver injuries. Bad about the rbs, but the rules do feature the pass. BUF is in far better shape than a lot of other clubs, both sides of the ball. Choice did a good job last week - kudos to the OL and the QB and the staff calling the plays.

Ed
09-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I think it's the other way around. We're not going to be able to keep NE out of the endzone. I hope our D can put some pressure on Brady and make things difficult, but we have to expect that they're going to put up their share of points. It's probably going to have to be up to the offense to produce TD's instead of settling for FG's and keeping the Pats O off the field. The Pats O is always good, but their D is still suspect. They haven't been able to generate much of a pass rush and they're still giving up a lot of yards in the passing game. Our offense really needs to take advantage of their weaknesses.

trapezeus
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
key is to keep running well. run the clock and churn the yards. keep fitz from having to throw it and make the pats anxious to get on the field.

they did that against cleveland wonderfully. cut that fumble out and all of a sudden, the bills are knocking on a 21-0 lead. Cleveland has like 5 minutes on the field.

I'm all for replicating that effort.

justasportsfan
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I think it's the other way around. We're not going to be able to keep NE out of the endzone. I hope our D can put some pressure on Brady and make things difficult, but we have to expect that they're going to put up their share of points. It's probably going to have to be up to the offense to produce TD's instead of settling for FG's and keeping the Pats O off the field. The Pats O is always good, but their D is still suspect. They haven't been able to generate much of a pass rush and they're still giving up a lot of yards in the passing game. Our offense really needs to take advantage of their weaknesses.

other than our running game, our passing game was nothing special vs. a crappy KC and browns D. I am counting Freddie out of this sundays game and Choice as the lead rb. I doubt Choice beats NE like he did Jaurons bend don't break defense. I hope I'm wrong though.
NE's cb suck but our Qb isn't one to take advantage of that in the deep ball.

If we hit Brady often , we have chance of not letting them score.

Mr. Miyagi
09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
key is to keep running well. run the clock and churn the yards. keep fitz from having to throw it and make the pats anxious to get on the field.

they did that against cleveland wonderfully. cut that fumble out and all of a sudden, the bills are knocking on a 21-0 lead. Cleveland has like 5 minutes on the field.

I'm all for replicating that effort.
:bf1:

ServoBillieves
09-26-2012, 12:33 PM
KC was a must win game... CLE was a must win game... NE is a must win game... when will it not be a must win game? THEY ALL ARE!

I understand the underlying aspect of demoralizing the Patriots, but if you want your team to be great, every game is a must win... You don't need to constantly remind the fans of that aspect. We all want the Bills to win, we all want a winning record, but in week 4 when we are 2-1, a 2-2 record is usually not the biggest deficit to be in. Who's to say we don't go on a winning streak with this, go to 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 6-1, et cetera, and when we lose that one game, what is the outlook then? "Oh no! We're 6-2!? It's a must win this week against the Patriots again!!!!"

After the play I have seen so far, if healthy (aka nearly impossible), this team can go 10-6.