PDA

View Full Version : So...how are your pools going?

gebobs
09-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Every year, there is a bit of craziness at the beginning of the season as the hierarchy of teams settles out, new teams emerge and the old order is swept away. But this year is especially volatile due mainly to the inconsistent, if not incompetent, officiating. And there's also the situation in New Orleans.

I have two pools I run. In Survivor, 18 of 20 are out after just three weeks. In the Pick 'em pool, the average number of correct picks has never been over 10. This past week was particularly bloody with the average being just under 7 correct picks and the winner (and 2 others that lost in the tie-breaker) had only 9.

With interest in Survivor pretty much gone, I'm going to start another, but since this is for all of us losers, it will be Loser Survivor: Who Will be the Biggest Loser - instead of picking winners, participants pick a loser each week, maybe against the spread.

How are your pools going?

jdaltroy5
09-26-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm getting smoked.

In the last two weeks I've picked 9/32 correctly.

Oakland gets smoked by Miami and then comes back and beats the Steelers who just hammered the Jets? Arizona goes into NE and WINS?

Normally I'm pretty good, but this year has been so bizarre.

senseofdoom
09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I was in 2 survivor pools.

Got bounced picking NE week 2 and SF week 3.

gebobs
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I was in 2 survivor pools.

Got bounced picking NE week 2 and SF week 3.
NE got me and 7 others in Week 2.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
we started with 75 people its over and have since started a new on the jelly beans have carried over.

BillsFever21
09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
In my yahoo league I was in the 98th percentile in the overall standings of everyone signed after the first two games with 23 points. Last week was horrible and I only had 7 points and dropped down to the 90th percentile. It took a big hit on my standings.

PTI
09-26-2012, 03:42 PM
In the survivor I play, this chick runs an online league, there were 531 people, and now there are only 11 left. I am not one of them!

BillsPride12
09-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I think I set a world record for getting knocked out of a Survivor pool this year. I got knocked out wednesday night after the first game of week 1...Got screwed by the damn Cowboys yet again! Then I was in another one and just got bounced after SF lost to the Vikings. Usually I do well in those pools, can't believe I've been knocked out of two by Week 3.

ServoBillieves
09-26-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm one of 32 left in a pool of 800+ in my money suicide pool. I've been insanely lucky so far. Also, in the "Big Blue" Yahoo! FPFP that the folks on here started, I'm happily tied for first.

I'm not proud of what I chose other than the fact I was right, but really my choices were just shots in the dark.