PDA

View Full Version : The Hoodie will be a little lighter in the pocketbook

ckg927
09-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks to that little outburst at the end of the Pats/Ravens Sunday night game.

Steve Wyche of NFL.com and the NFL Network reports on his Twitter feed that the amount of the fine will be announced later today.

TedMock
09-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Even though it was not in a violent manner, he still touched an official and that is absolutely unacceptable. I feel a fine and a game suspension would be most appropriate. The suspension will hurt a lot more.

Historian
09-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Agreed.

You can't preach restraint to your players, then do it yourself.

GingerP
09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah, there is no doubt about this. Brandon Stokley and Tony Stewart were both fined $25K for making contact with officials while arguing calls. This should be worse than that because he is a head coach and should have a higher standard.

kishoph
09-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Even though it was not in a violent manner, he still touched an official and that is absolutely unacceptable. I feel a fine and a game suspension would be most appropriate. The suspension will hurt a lot more.

It certainly wasn't life threatening, but he did grab him pretty forcibly and looked like he wanted to kill him. IF a player was to grab an official, I'm pretty sure there would be a suspension, in my eyes a coach doing it (someone who should be an example) is even worse and should be punished to the fullest.

MTBillsFan
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Heck, the way Goodell will handle it, Bellicheat will probably end up getting paid $50k

IlluminatusUIUC
09-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Heck, the way Goodell will handle it, Bellicheat will probably end up getting paid $50k

The guy clearly needs it, he can't even afford sleeves most weeks.

BLeonard
09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
I think Belichik's actions warrant a suspension as well. Especially since the league put out a memo to all 32 teams saying not to berate the officials.

This happened on National television... Meaning, a much bigger audience saw it happen.

This incident is basically saying that you can grab the officials and while you can expect a fine, you're not going to miss any game time.

If the NFL wants the players, coaches, etc to respect these referees, they need to treat them as if they were regulars. I don't think I've EVER seen a coach grab a "regular" referee like that.

-Bill

Mr. Pink
09-26-2012, 11:00 AM
He should get a game suspension and like a 50k fine.

He'll likely get a 20k fine though.

The King
09-26-2012, 12:46 PM
50 G's.

ServoBillieves
09-26-2012, 01:17 PM
$50K.

An OC get's fined $25K for yelling at a ref, but when the "fair" league asks the players, coaches, and coordinators to NOT test or ostracize the replacement officials and to keep a level head, the line is finally crossed in BAL with BB almighty and he only gets fined $50k? That same rule is with the professional referees too, you can't ****ing touch a referee, regardless of the situation.

It really does show how biased and ass backwards this league is right now. I place serious and continuous blame and shame on the NFL front office at this point. The replacement referees are under the microscope but they shouldn't even be in this situation if the BILLION dollar industry would be willing to give up >2% of their fortunes to keep the integrity of the game intact.

How... I'm almost at a loss for words... HOW do they feel good about the product they lay out on the field when these suits disrupted the game last year with the lockout and now have middle school and DIII referees forced in to professional and national spotlight?

I barely make $30,000 a year with my new job. These 'pro' referees make $140K for part time jobs. If they want an intelligent, hard working citizen to take over for the privileged then sign me up. Greed is so dominant in the NFL and, hell all of major sports that it's physically sickening. The NFL doesn't want to pony up $18 Mil (if my sources are correct) to help pay for a pension of guys who stand between vicious, massive, and downright strong players and put their asses on the line? The referees won't accept a 401K? America and the government are complaining about job creation and when someone wants to create more jobs the RICH COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?!

Sickening...

stuckincincy
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
$50K.

An OC get's fined $25K for yelling at a ref, but when the "fair" league asks the players, coaches, and coordinators to NOT test or ostracize the replacement officials and to keep a level head, the line is finally crossed in BAL with BB almighty and he only gets fined $50k? That same rule is with the professional referees too, you can't ****ing touch a referee, regardless of the situation.

It really does show how biased and ass backwards this league is right now. I place serious and continuous blame and shame on the NFL front office at this point. The replacement referees are under the microscope but they shouldn't even be in this situation if the BILLION dollar industry would be willing to give up >2% of their fortunes to keep the integrity of the game intact.

How... I'm almost at a loss for words... HOW do they feel good about the product they lay out on the field when these suits disrupted the game last year with the lockout and now have middle school and DIII referees forced in to professional and national spotlight?

I barely make $30,000 a year with my new job. These 'pro' referees make $140K for part time jobs. If they want an intelligent, hard working citizen to take over for the privileged then sign me up. Greed is so dominant in the NFL and, hell all of major sports that it's physically sickening. The NFL doesn't want to pony up $18 Mil (if my sources are correct) to help pay for a pension of guys who stand between vicious, massive, and downright strong players and put their asses on the line? The referees won't accept a 401K? America and the government are complaining about job creation and when someone wants to create more jobs the RICH COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?!

Sickening...

Univ. of Cincinnati just got 3.5 million for moving a home game. It's very much an "end-justifies-the-means" society we have now...

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=589923

P.T. Barnum would revel in today's sports. It's one of the few business ventures that can wipe its' feet off on the face of the paying customer, knowing they will come back for more. Sad.

Don't rag on successful folks. They pay far and away the lion's share of tax (so much for equal treatment under the law). Poor men never hired me. Here's an instructive ditty:

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13052.htm

BillsFever21
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Most other coaches/players would've been suspended for this. The fine doesn't mean squat to him. He should've been suspended and forfeited a game check for his actions.

I'm sure if it was a regular referee that probably would've been the case. Just because it's a replacement it shouldn't be held to a different standard.