X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Belichick on Bills

As usual, Belichick has a lot of BS about nothing in his news conferences. But some intersting tidbits:

He mentioned the Bills D scheme is the same as the last game of last year. That tells me maybe Wanny was already in charge of the D by the end of last season. And maybe it's the reason we led by 21 points to start that game as we threw them a curve ball there.

Another point he made is about the Bills getting more talented each year, which I didn't see him saying about this team for a long while now. I don't know if they are going to make the playoff this year, but I sure hope no disruptions of the path they are on, like another round of coaching changes or GM changes. Good days are coming in coming years.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Belichick on Bills

He'll watch his team hit the basement this Sunday.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      He'll watch his team hit the basement this Sunday.
      /wakes up and cleans bedsheets.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

BB: They’re very explosive offensively. They have good players at every position. Their offensive line is solid. They have a good tight end – [Scott] Chandler is a very productive player. Their receivers are explosive, both down the field and run after catch. Obviously their runbacks are explosive and their running game is the best in the league. The quarterback does a good job, he’s mobile, he’s active in the pocket, he gets rid of the ball quickly, he’s a hard guy to hit because he gets his reads and gets the ball out of there, makes good decisions. They have good players at every position and Chan [Gailey] does an outstanding job game planning and utilizing his personnel and putting pressure on the defense. They’re a very good offensive football team. It’s a big challenge for us.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

Belichick always talks up the opposing team to the media. He also likes to say a real nice thing or two about an individual player as well. It's a Jedi mind trick to get the player they want to pick on to get over-confident and lose his focus.

Watch how Brady will pick on Aaron Williams all day. Watch how their blitzes will come from Fitz blindside (Glenn).

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Watch how Brady will pick on Aaron Williams all day. Watch how their blitzes will come from Fitz blindside (Glenn).
              This.

In addition Id expect to see a lot more of Gronk in routes that kept in (he's spent a large portion of snaps helping block) in an effort to expose our LB group.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Welker is going to have a big game too. Their offense is going to click unless we are able to put pressure with the front 4 and bump every receiver at the line. They thrive off of timing!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

1. Bills play better at home.
                  2. NE not only ended their winning streak, they lost their home opener.
                  3. Dirty Mankins isn't playing on Sunday.
                  4. Union refs are back.
                  5. Bills D will rattle Marsha.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                    • Feb 2009

Belichick always talks up the opposing team to the media. He also likes to say a real nice thing or two about an individual player as well. It's a Jedi mind trick to get the player they want to pick on to get over-confident and lose his focus.

That is something I have noticed as well. It is something that annoys me, so it must be working.
                    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      http://www.patriots.com/news/article...0-3dee2fd06be6

As usual, Belichick has a lot of BS about nothing in his news conferences. But some intersting tidbits:

He mentioned the Bills D scheme is the same as the last game of last year. That tells me maybe Wanny was already in charge of the D by the end of last season. And maybe it's the reason we led by 21 points to start that game as we threw them a curve ball there.

Another point he made is about the Bills getting more talented each year, which I didn't see him saying about this team for a long while now. I don't know if they are going to make the playoff this year, but I sure hope no disruptions of the path they are on, like another round of coaching changes or GM changes. Good days are coming in coming years.
                      Lol, funny exchange at the end of that interview,
                      Quote,
                      "Q: Have you tried the new Rob Gronkowski cereal yet?

BB: No, I haven’t had a chance to try that yet.

Q: Do you plan to?

BB: I’ll wait. Have you guys had it, how was it?

Q: We’re waiting for a review.

BB: I can’t give you one. I haven’t had it yet. I’m still working on those Flutie Flakes."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Gilmore and especially McGee as well.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mybills View Post
                          3. Dirty Mankins isn't playing on Sunday.
                          Where did you hear this? Dude played all last year after tearing his ACL, I would think it would take a lot for him to miss a game.

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

BB used to always say a lot of great things about Jauron and his teams and then embarrass them on Sunday, so whatever Bill.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Are people actually bashing the fact that BB praised our team just because he beats us consistantly after? Like if he is supposed to praise us then make his team make us look the way he says in the interview? We have the most closed minded fans in the league.
                              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍