PDA

View Full Version : Fred sounds concerned about his knee

Ed
09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
This blog post from Walker at espn.com isn't giving me a lot of confidence about Fred playing this weekend. It sounds like Wed. practice didn't go as well as Fred was hoping. Even if he's cleared to play I don't know if we will be able to count on him being his usual self. Maybe it would be best to just rest him this week. Hopefully today goes better for him.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/48517/jackson-has-mixed-reviews-in-first-practice

Bone
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I watched nfl am this morning and they interviewed cj spiller. He seemed to be way more optimistic on playing than what chan said, we need one or the other to win

Cali512
09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Im not concerned at all. We all know he will have to get used to planting again and fight threw the pain. If you really believe Jackson is going to all of a sudden be fully healed and play the game with no issues at all, then your fooling yourselfs. I still think Spiller would be more ready to play this week than Jackson, not that he will, but i think his shoulder is at the same point as Jacksons Knee, and you need your legs more than your shoulders as a speed RB

Night Train
09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Feed Choice the ball every bit as much they would have fed it to Spiller or a healthy Jackson,via run or pass. Travis Henry build (5-10 215) and obviously doesn't fear contact. Good hands.

I don't want to hear ANY excuses why the Bills should go into a conservative shell against the Pats, due to injuries.

Play solid D and Choice doesn't mind the workload.

Next man in is Choice. Now go out and kick their @ss.

The King
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
I had kind of hoped the Bills would play coy with both their status's create a little second guessing in NE's gameplan. I'm hoping that's what this is.

Bulldog
09-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Maybe he's just blowing smoke, but I'm honestly thinking Spiller may play this weekend. I actually feel better about him playing than I do Freddy at this point.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Feed Choice the ball every bit as much they would have fed it to Spiller or a healthy Jackson,via run or pass. Travis Henry build (5-10 215) and obviously doesn't fear contact. Good hands.

I don't want to hear ANY excuses why the Bills should go into a conservative shell against the Pats, due to injuries.

Play solid D and Choice doesn't mind the workload.

Next man in is Choice. Now go out and kick their @ss.

Be careful what you wish for. Choice is 3rd string and the Pats are only giving up 82 yards a game on the ground. Watch us struggle early with the run and Chan abandon it as soon as we get down by two scores, leaving Fitz to win it for us.... we all know what will happen then.

- - - Updated - - -

I had kind of hoped the Bills would play coy with both their status's create a little second guessing in NE's gameplan. I'm hoping that's what this is.

I don't think it's going to make much difference because I don't think NE cares about them playing if they're both dinged up. They won't be their usual selves even if they do play.

Yasgur's Farm
09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Choice is 3rd string and the Pats are only giving up 82 yards a game on the ground. Watch us struggle early with the run and Chan abandon it as soon as we get down by two scores, leaving Fitz to win it for us.... we all know what will happen then.OP... You know full well that last year at this time, given the scenario your speaking of, we won. I'm not saying that's going to happen... Or even that it's likely with Fitz... I just think you need to consider that when you make such a statement.

jimmifli
09-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't think it's going to make much difference because I don't think NE cares about them playing if they're both dinged up. They won't be their usual selves even if they do play.
Spiller doesn't run on his arms and he doesn't seek contact. If he can hold the ball, he'll be his regular self.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 11:46 AM
OP... You know full well that last year at this time, given the scenario your speaking of, we won. I'm not saying that's going to happen... Or even that it's likely with Fitz... I just think you need to consider that when you make such a statement.

I considered it. I also considered the many, many more times that Fitz had to throw to win a game and it resulted in an epic disaster. If we rely on Fitz, we have a much greater chance of this game looking like the Jets game 3 weeks ago than like the Pats game last year.

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Good posting, YF!

Meathead
09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
i was thinking today that if neither fred or cj can go how cool would it be to knock them off with choice starting

quite frankly, it could happen

the top two back are elite or close to it, but part of their recent success certainly rides on the oline. and with choice they apparently have a very reliable if not nearly as explosive back, as evidenced by chans confidence in him. judging choices ability to run against a good browns run defense that knew the run was coming, choice appears to be comfortable getting standard required yardage in this offense - about 3.5 ypc min

with choice they lose some in the second level runs certainly but they at least should be able to get what they need to set up 2nd&6-ish and 3rd&3-ish

if the bills pressure pack performs as paid and they manage to get a turnover out of tommy, plus they get just a little more production out of their passing game, they can compete

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Tom has too many weapons to be able to cover all of them. The D-line must get in his face and take away throwing lanes/lines of sight.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-27-2012, 01:45 PM
I maintain my stands: NFL season is a war and any one game is a battle. Never lose sight of that. A healthy Spiller and Jackson (the 2011 version) go a long way towards winning the war. Pats game is important, but its no more important than two or more games. If you tell me that we win the Pats game with Jackson but lose Jackson for two extra games that he otherwise would play at a high level, vs we lose the Pats game because of his absence but he plays two extra games at high level, I choose the latter.

besides, even with jackson, I don't know if it makes a hugh difference. To me, this game is all about our defense against Pats offense. This is where the real game is. Our D has improved every game so far this season. if it takes another step this sunday and shows that it can bring the Pats down to a normal offense level (average NFL offensive production), we should have a great chance of making the playoff, regardless the outcome of this game.

Slim
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
CJ and Fred are practicing today.

OpIv37
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I maintain my stands: NFL season is a war and any one game is a battle. Never lose sight of that. A healthy Spiller and Jackson (the 2011 version) go a long way towards winning the war. Pats game is important, but its no more important than two or more games. If you tell me that we win the Pats game with Jackson but lose Jackson for two extra games that he otherwise would play at a high level, vs we lose the Pats game because of his absence but he plays two extra games at high level, I choose the latter.

besides, even with jackson, I don't know if it makes a hugh difference. To me, this game is all about our defense against Pats offense. This is where the real game is. Our D has improved every game so far this season. if it takes another step this sunday and shows that it can bring the Pats down to a normal offense level (average NFL offensive production), we should have a great chance of making the playoff, regardless the outcome of this game.

The next two games are NFC games. This is a division game. It counts more, especially since we already have a division loss and the Jets already have two div wins. Losing this game is going to make it all but impossible to win the division.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-27-2012, 01:57 PM
The next two games are NFC games. This is a division game. It counts more, especially since we already have a division loss and the Jets already have two div wins. Losing this game is going to make it all but impossible to win the division.
You look for much bigger things than I do, which is not a sin or bad thing. For me, the first step is to win enough games to be in the conversation for playoffs. That's right, I'm concerned about the number of games won, not on which team we beat right now.

If you look back last year, I'd be glad to trade the NE win with two wins over Miami, a team we SHOULD beat.

jimmifli
09-27-2012, 02:05 PM

It's pretty tough to win the division if you only split with each team. So if we lose this one, we'd still have to beat the Jets at home and the Pats on the road and then take both against the fins to have a shot.

jamesiscool
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Walker is a jets/pats stroker. I've calle him out on twitter a handful of times, no response. Coward.

Mouldsie
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Walker is a jets/pats stroker. I've calle him out on twitter a handful of times, no response. Coward.
Yet he lives in Miami.

And when did we last win the division or beat the Jets again?

Slim
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM

He is pretty useless when it comes to Bills info. Tim Graham set the bar pretty high.

better days
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Choice is 3rd string and the Pats are only giving up 82 yards a game on the ground. Watch us struggle early with the run and Chan abandon it as soon as we get down by two scores, leaving Fitz to win it for us.... we all know what will happen then.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, If Spiller plays he will be his usual FAST self. He injured his shoulder not his legs.

better days
09-27-2012, 02:55 PM
You look for much bigger things than I do, which is not a sin or bad thing. For me, the first step is to win enough games to be in the conversation for playoffs. That's right, I'm concerned about the number of games won, not on which team we beat right now.

If you look back last year, I'd be glad to trade the NE win with two wins over Miami, a team we SHOULD beat.

The best way to ensure a playoff spot is to win the division. Every year a team with a less than steller record wins their division & makes the playoffs while a team with a better record in another division does not make the playoffs. Beating the Pats* would put them in a HUGE hole.

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2012, 03:53 PM

I think Walker does a good job of covering the division. On another note, no one seems to mind Bucky Brooks talking up the Bills.

better days
09-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I think Walker does a good job of covering the division. On another note, no one seems to mind Bucky Brooks talking up the Bills.

Bucky Brooks is a LONE voice in the NFL landscape. The Pats* have MANY voices talking them up even at 1-2.

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
That's what happens after you are a superbowl contender for 13 years.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Who cares who talks up who? If the Bills were the toast of ESPN, but they lost every game, would you feel better about it?

Maybe I am just a fan of the underdog, but I would much rather they didn't make a big deal out of the Bills...it will make the totality of finally winning that much sweeter.

jamesiscool
09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Yet he lives in Miami.

And when did we last win the division or beat the Jets again?

I'm not talking about who is better, it's about his coverage via twitter espn east blog etc. All he talks about in any detail is the jets and the pats.

When it comes to the bills it's like he reads a headline from an AP report, says a few words an then goes back to the pats/jets.