X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Fred sounds concerned about his knee

This blog post from Walker at espn.com isn't giving me a lot of confidence about Fred playing this weekend. It sounds like Wed. practice didn't go as well as Fred was hoping. Even if he's cleared to play I don't know if we will be able to count on him being his usual self. Maybe it would be best to just rest him this week. Hopefully today goes better for him.
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Re: Fred sounds concerned about his knee

I watched nfl am this morning and they interviewed cj spiller. He seemed to be way more optimistic on playing than what chan said, we need one or the other to win
    BILLIEVE

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Im not concerned at all. We all know he will have to get used to planting again and fight threw the pain. If you really believe Jackson is going to all of a sudden be fully healed and play the game with no issues at all, then your fooling yourselfs. I still think Spiller would be more ready to play this week than Jackson, not that he will, but i think his shoulder is at the same point as Jacksons Knee, and you need your legs more than your shoulders as a speed RB
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Feed Choice the ball every bit as much they would have fed it to Spiller or a healthy Jackson,via run or pass. Travis Henry build (5-10 215) and obviously doesn't fear contact. Good hands.

I don't want to hear ANY excuses why the Bills should go into a conservative shell against the Pats, due to injuries.

Play solid D and Choice doesn't mind the workload.

Next man in is Choice. Now go out and kick their @ss.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I had kind of hoped the Bills would play coy with both their status's create a little second guessing in NE's gameplan. I'm hoping that's what this is.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Maybe he's just blowing smoke, but I'm honestly thinking Spiller may play this weekend. I actually feel better about him playing than I do Freddy at this point.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Feed Choice the ball every bit as much they would have fed it to Spiller or a healthy Jackson,via run or pass. Travis Henry build (5-10 215) and obviously doesn't fear contact. Good hands.

I don't want to hear ANY excuses why the Bills should go into a conservative shell against the Pats, due to injuries.

Play solid D and Choice doesn't mind the workload.

Next man in is Choice. Now go out and kick their @ss.
              Be careful what you wish for. Choice is 3rd string and the Pats are only giving up 82 yards a game on the ground. Watch us struggle early with the run and Chan abandon it as soon as we get down by two scores, leaving Fitz to win it for us.... we all know what will happen then.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by The King View Post
              I had kind of hoped the Bills would play coy with both their status's create a little second guessing in NE's gameplan. I'm hoping that's what this is.
              I don't think it's going to make much difference because I don't think NE cares about them playing if they're both dinged up. They won't be their usual selves even if they do play.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Be careful what you wish for. Choice is 3rd string and the Pats are only giving up 82 yards a game on the ground. Watch us struggle early with the run and Chan abandon it as soon as we get down by two scores, leaving Fitz to win it for us.... we all know what will happen then.
                OP... You know full well that last year at this time, given the scenario your speaking of, we won. I'm not saying that's going to happen... Or even that it's likely with Fitz... I just think you need to consider that when you make such a statement.

Comment

• jimmifli
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I don't think it's going to make much difference because I don't think NE cares about them playing if they're both dinged up. They won't be their usual selves even if they do play.
                  Spiller doesn't run on his arms and he doesn't seek contact. If he can hold the ball, he'll be his regular self.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                    OP... You know full well that last year at this time, given the scenario your speaking of, we won. I'm not saying that's going to happen... Or even that it's likely with Fitz... I just think you need to consider that when you make such a statement.
                    I considered it. I also considered the many, many more times that Fitz had to throw to win a game and it resulted in an epic disaster. If we rely on Fitz, we have a much greater chance of this game looking like the Jets game 3 weeks ago than like the Pats game last year.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Good posting, YF!

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

i was thinking today that if neither fred or cj can go how cool would it be to knock them off with choice starting

quite frankly, it could happen

the top two back are elite or close to it, but part of their recent success certainly rides on the oline. and with choice they apparently have a very reliable if not nearly as explosive back, as evidenced by chans confidence in him. judging choices ability to run against a good browns run defense that knew the run was coming, choice appears to be comfortable getting standard required yardage in this offense - about 3.5 ypc min

with choice they lose some in the second level runs certainly but they at least should be able to get what they need to set up 2nd&6-ish and 3rd&3-ish

if the bills pressure pack performs as paid and they manage to get a turnover out of tommy, plus they get just a little more production out of their passing game, they can compete
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Tom has too many weapons to be able to cover all of them. The D-line must get in his face and take away throwing lanes/lines of sight.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

I maintain my stands: NFL season is a war and any one game is a battle. Never lose sight of that. A healthy Spiller and Jackson (the 2011 version) go a long way towards winning the war. Pats game is important, but its no more important than two or more games. If you tell me that we win the Pats game with Jackson but lose Jackson for two extra games that he otherwise would play at a high level, vs we lose the Pats game because of his absence but he plays two extra games at high level, I choose the latter.

besides, even with jackson, I don't know if it makes a hugh difference. To me, this game is all about our defense against Pats offense. This is where the real game is. Our D has improved every game so far this season. if it takes another step this sunday and shows that it can bring the Pats down to a normal offense level (average NFL offensive production), we should have a great chance of making the playoff, regardless the outcome of this game.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

CJ and Fred are practicing today.

Comment

Working...
                              X