Does anyone think we have a better chance beating the pats this Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Does anyone think we have a better chance beating the pats this Sunday?

We beat them last year, call it luck or whatever you want but I think we are way better on defense and the offense is putting up good numbers this year too. If we can have cj or Fred play this week I like our odds to win this year compared to last years victory.
    BILLIEVE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Does anyone think we have a better chance beating the pats this Sunday?

Our chances of beating the Pats are better, but "better" is a relative term.

The chances have gone from "infinitesimally small" to "extremely unlikely."

This has been the problem with the Bills for the last 12 years or so. They have started at such a low point that it's possible to improve and, yet, still completely suck even after the improvement.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

If Fred and CJ were healthy I'd like are chances a lot better than last year. Like Jaworski said earlier this week, there's nothing special about the Pats D. We should be able to make plays against them and score points. I don't know if Fred is really going to be able to make an impact though.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

The thing about last year ... The Bills can beat the Pats maybe one out of 10 times, and that was the one.
        Back to your regularly scheduled program.
        With both top RBs fragile or out, Fitz will have to carry the team on his back. Anyone relish that thought?
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

the regular refs are back. We're screwed.

Fitz is down to his last safety net. Chandler. Would have felt better with Nelson, Freddie and Spiller in there. The pats only have to keep Stevie and Chandler in check and Fitz is done.

On the defensive side of the ball, if the DL can't put pressure better than they did vs. KC and Browns, Brady will carve up our inexperienced back field.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Last year has zero bearing on this game. Sure, we're better but they are too, and we're going to get their best football. Which they didn't bring to the table the last two weeks, nor when played them last year. We're also not sneaking up on them, they'll be ready for us.

This is a game they're destined to win, to beat them we have to capitalize on any mistakes they make. And protect the ball ourselves. Like any game against the Patriots, I believe we can win, but until we do it consistently, I expect to lose.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
              • Aug 2012

i think we are toast against the pats.....unfortunately

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I, for one, welcome the oppotunity to kick their @ss and bury the " Glory Of The Pats " crowd.

If they beat us, so be it but many see it basically as a " no chance " game. Come on.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

You know, I used to look at the Pats games as virtually guaranteed losses. It's mathematically impossible to have zero chance, but our chances of winning were as close to zero as they could possibly get.

But we beat them last year, and we seem to be improving. Conversely, while the Pats are still a damn good team and should still be favored on paper, they are not looking like the juggernaut they once were. If we had Spiller and or Freddie, I'd say our chances of winning would still be low, but would be much better than previous years.

Without them, though, it's not gonna happen. I'd love to see Choice run for 150 yards and 2 TD's, but getting beat by another team's back-ups is what happens to us, not for us. I think the last time it happened in our favor was when Darick Holmes had back-to-back 100 yard games filling in for Thurman before fading into oblivion.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    I, for one, welcome the oppotunity to kick their @ss and bury the " Glory Of The Pats " crowd.

If they beat us, so be it but many see it basically as a " no chance " game. Come on.

If our D gets fired up by the crowd, we have a chance. We have to keep hitting Brady but he'll just cry to the regular refs and get his way.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      If our D gets fired up by the crowd, we have a chance. We have to keep hitting Brady but he'll just cry to the regular refs and get his way.
                      Don't forget that they hung 30 on the Ravens last week, in Baltimore. Their D is leagues ahead of ours even with Suggs out and Reed and Lewis getting their AARP cards in the mail.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Last year the Bills collapsed after a good start .... "Last year doesn't matter!"

Playing the Pats ... "We beat them last year!"
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Gibby
                          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                          • Jun 2006

We can keep it close, but we need luck to beat them. Fortunately luck is something we can help ourselves create. On D, Marcell Dareus and Kyle need to become intimately acquainted with Brady all afternoon and pay him a visit 4 to 5 times early and keep applying the pressure all afternoon long. Get inside Brady's head, he won't hear footsteps like Cassel but he will become average if we get in his face. Also, we don't need to make their WRs and TEs look any better than they already do. Don't give up the big play, and also we need to get off the field on third down. In the past two weeks we got off the field after third down and stopped Chiefs and Browns drives. We need to do that this week too. On the O we need to have Fitz do what he did last week and a week before, namely be asked not to lose games. We under no circumstances should ask Fitz to shoulder the load. Choice looked decent last week, and so we should trust him with the rock, but we should should do to the Pats what the Giants did to us in SB XXV, namely control the clock, tire out their D, and keep Brady off the field. We must also play intelligent football aka no ******ed penalties, no blown assignments, and we must win or draw in the turnover battle.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I wonder if Pat fans used to say this stuff about the Bills when we were dominating the league, and their players were flashing their weiners at female reporters?

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Big game for both teams. I'm not very confident, especially with our key injuries, but if we happened to pull the upset it would definitely signal a change in the balance of power in the AFC East. I don't mean that the Bills would become the cream of the crop, but NE's descent would be undeniable.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X