PDA

View Full Version : Replacement refs affecting the no huddle?

IlluminatusUIUC
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I was listening to John Clayton discussing the end of the lockout on ESPN radio here in Denver, and he brought up a point I hadn't considered. Several of the top QBs (Peyton, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers) are masters of the hurry-up no huddle offense. His claim was that the replacement refs were so terrible at spotting the ball and getting themselves into position that it was throwing off their rhythm and allowing defenders to rest or be substituted. Considering how those QBs have struggled to replicate their gaudy numbers, I thought it was an interesting point. Has anyone else seen that? I haven't had the chance to watch a ton of games this year so far, I've been mostly listening on radio.

imbondz
09-27-2012, 04:56 PM
that sounds way melodramatic.

Ingtar33
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
sounds like john clayton being john clayton.

in short it's a load of horse shoes.

ServoBillieves
09-27-2012, 09:10 PM
The muppet is vlowing things out of proportion yet again.

My wife is a Steelers fan, I have to watch the Steelers games. #1, Roethlisberger's new system under Haley isn't full blown no huddle. #2, they spotted the ball as quickly as possible IMO and did a great job with that. That's just annoying nit-picking. #3, I've seen plenty of other teams going no huddle with no problems, so apparently the replacement refs were only hurting the marque "important" teams. #4, Peyton's problems have nothing to do with referees, it's the media making up reasons as to why the future HoF'er is struggling.

#5, John Clayton is a lifeless, annoying muppet. I'd rather listen to Fozzy Bear's stand up at the Apollo theater than John Clayton's opinion on why the sky is blue.

Thank God this ref crap is over...

IlluminatusUIUC
09-27-2012, 09:12 PM
The muppet is vlowing things out of proportion yet again.

My wife is a Steelers fan, I have to watch the Steelers games. #1, Roethlisberger's new system under Haley isn't full blown no huddle. #2, they spotted the ball as quickly as possible IMO and did a great job with that. That's just annoying nit-picking. #3, I've seen plenty of other teams going no huddle with no problems, so apparently the replacement refs were only hurting the marque "important" teams. #4, Peyton's problems have nothing to do with referees, it's the media making up reasons as to why the future HoF'er is struggling.

#5, John Clayton is a lifeless, annoying muppet. I'd rather listen to Fozzy Bear's stand up at the Apollo theater than John Clayton's opinion on why the sky is blue.

Thank God this ref crap is over...

Well that pretty much settles that. Thanks for the writeup.