X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

LA City Council approves 1.1 billion football stadium proposal

Plans for a football stadium in downtown Los Angeles were approved by the City Council Friday, marking a crucial step in a long journey to bring an NFL team back to LA.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: LA City Council approves 1.1 billion football stadium proposal

it's not the nail in the coffin, but it's not a good development.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

..."City Councilwoman Jan Perry, who chaired the meeting, asked how the city would be protected if the new owner did not have the cash to pay for AEG's promised contribution to the project. Under the terms of the deal worked out so far, the sports and entertainment company was supposed to pay for 40 percent of the multi-billion dollar cost of the proposed new stadium and surrounding development.

Perry expressed concern that the new owner might have to borrow too much money to finance the purchase, as frequently happens in corporate acquisitions.

In that case, the city could be on the hook for costs that could reach into hundreds of millions of dollars."...

Jeeze - that flat dead broke city and State shouldn't be thinking about such nonsense...
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Why do you act as though the Bills are the only option for relocation? They are one of about five potential suitors, two of which currently reside in CA.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
          Why do you act as though the Bills are the only option for relocation? They are one of about five potential suitors, two of which currently reside in CA.
          how many of those 5 have an owner with 1 foot in the grave and a family with no interest whatsoever in running the team? How many of those 5 have no stadium lease after 2012?

And btw, who are the 5? The short list was us, the Chargers, the Vikings, and Jacksonville. I guess you're throwing Oakland in there since you said 2 in CA. The Vikings got a stadium deal done so they're not going anywhere. Jacksonville has the most ironclad stadium lease in the history of sports. While that doesn't rule them out as an option, it sure as hell makes Buffalo a much more attractive option for relocation without the lease issue.

Realistically, it's just us, SD, and Oak.

And btw, did you even READ my post? I said it WASN'T the nail in the coffin- ie, I DIDN'T act like Buffalo was the only option for relocation. I know a lot of you have this preconceived notion that I'm always going to say the most pessimistic thing possible just because I'm not afraid to acknowledge the reality that people don't want to hear, but if you want to reply to my posts, please try actually reading and comprehending them first.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

They're not building it because they don't plan on having a team there, it's just a matter of who and when.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

Big ****ing deal. I live in in western new york and couldn't care less about what's happening in los angeles.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't mean **** to the Buffalo Bills or the fans of the Bills.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Hello Los Angeles Chargers

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

how many of those 5 have an owner with 1 foot in the grave and a family with no interest whatsoever in running the team? How many of those 5 have no stadium lease after 2012?

And btw, who are the 5? The short list was us, the Chargers, the Vikings, and Jacksonville. I guess you're throwing Oakland in there since you said 2 in CA. The Vikings got a stadium deal done so they're not going anywhere. Jacksonville has the most ironclad stadium lease in the history of sports. While that doesn't rule them out as an option, it sure as hell makes Buffalo a much more attractive option for relocation without the lease issue.

And btw, did you even READ my post? I said it WASN'T the nail in the coffin- ie, I DIDN'T act like Buffalo was the only option for relocation. I know a lot of you have this preconceived notion that I'm always going to say the most pessimistic thing possible just because I'm not afraid to acknowledge the reality that people don't want to hear, but if you want to reply to my posts, please try actually reading and comprehending them first.
                  I read your post, and its the same negative crap you spew on a regular basis. I'm not one of these "bury my head in the sand and pretend the possibility of relocation isn't a reality" type fans. I also don't need to be lectured by someone who thinks they are intellectually superior to everyone else on this board. Get off you high horse. I wonder if all the other teams that are a possibility for relocation have a bunch of chicken littles like you running are screaming the sky is falling on a regular basis. You act is old and tired.
                  Last edited by Bulldog; 09-29-2012, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Bulldog
                    Top Dog
                    • Jan 2003

And to use the logic you use when discussing the Bills, why wouldn't we expect you to be negative when you've been that way for the last ten plus years? Whatever. Lecture away all might one.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

I'm always going to say the most pessimistic thing possible just because
                      that may be the truest part of any sentence I've ever read on this site!

Comment

• Gibby
                        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                        • Jun 2006

Aren't the Bills working with Erie County, and NY State officials to get 200 million in stadium renovations for the Ralph? I don't see the Bills moving to LA. I think it will be Oakland, St. Louis, San Diego, or Jacksonville.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                          Aren't the Bills working with Erie County, and NY State officials to get 200 million in stadium renovations for the Ralph? I don't see the Bills moving to LA. I think it will be Oakland, St. Louis, San Diego, or Jacksonville.
                          I'm not a USA, WNY, or a even a Buffalo native, and haven't follow the team for more than 35 years, but I pray for the Bills to stay in Buffalo, it will suck big time if they ever move.
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Gibby
                            Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
                            I'm not a USA, WNY, or a even a Buffalo native, and haven't follow the team for more than 35 years, but I pray for the Bills to stay in Buffalo, it will suck big time if they ever move.
                            I was born and raised, and live in Kansas City and only started following the Bills after the 1990 AFC Championship game where we destroyed the Raiders 51-3, but yeah if the Bills ever left Buffalo I would no longer follow the NFL.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

Imo, the Chargers are the most likely team. They aren't very far away, which means that LA can still draw on some of their existing fan base. They only committed to another season last year, and their buyout in 2013 is only about 22 million (a fraction of a star player's contract). They've been trying to get a new stadium/deal for about a decade. And, LA Chargers definitely sounds better than LA Bills to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X