• Aug 2011

Re: Logan Mankins is out

NICE

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
      • Jan 2010

Prepare the feast.... Kyle Williams and Dareus are hungry
      “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95 View Post
        Prepare the feast.... Kyle Williams and Dareus are hungry
        I'm being serious when I say that the Pats are going to try many, many screens to slow our pass rush. The secondary is going to need to cheat in & we'll have several INT's, I bet one or 2 pick 6's. The Pats weakness has always been to rush Brady, he's useless when scrambling.

Bills are going to trample these guys on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

with this many injuries to NE and the importance of this game, there is simply no excuse for losing.

Gut check time. Now we find out if this team has truly improved or if they're the same old Bills that we saw in game 1 against the Jets.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IAG
            • Jan 2005

Gronk is in, however.

We covered the Patriots adding another offensive lineman earlier on Saturday and speculated that Matt Tennant is on the roster because one of the team's three questionable offensive linemen wouldn't be able to play against the Bills on Sunday.

Comment

• Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

ITS A TRAP!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                with this many injuries to NE and the importance of this game, there is simply no excuse for losing.

Gut check time. Now we find out if this team has truly improved or if they're the same old Bills that we saw in game 1 against the Jets.
                What about 'Our CB's Suck" and Brady will torch them ? That was your post a few days ago.

Covering all angles ?

Bills may be using their 3rd string RB most of the game to go with the very average Fitz at QB. No excuses for the Bills but lots for the Pats.

Got it.
                Last edited by Night Train; 09-29-2012, 07:47 PM.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  What about 'Our CB's Suck" and Brady will torch them ? That was your post a few days ago.

Covering all angles ?

Bills may be using their 3rd string RB most of the game to go with the very average Fitz at QB. No excuses for the Bills but lots for the Pats.

Got it.
                  Brady will torch them if our pass rush can't get to him. But with a starting OL out, there is no reason why we shouldn't get to him.

And I don't give a **** about the Pats or their excuses. I do give a **** about the Bills, and I'm sick and tired of the excuses.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

A huge Window just opened
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

Wow, that is huge. Donald Thomas (former Dolphin) probably starts at OG in his place. He isn't nearly the player Mankins is, and that plays to the Bills strength inside with Williams and Dareus.

I wonder if that makes the Pats more likely to run the ball more. They actually have run the ball more this year than last year. Running makes it easier on the OL and slows down the rush, but it also is not their strength. Still, they have to protect Brady.

The Bills need to come out fast and get an early lead. The Pats are going to want to play more conservative without Mankins.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Buffalo's defenseive line has also been effective at stopping the run for the most part this season. I think that Belichick will strive for some balance, but I also expect there will be more reliance on short passes. Brady will know he's not going to have time to hit a lot of intermediate and deep balls. That means Justin Rogers is going to play a huge role in defending Wes Welker. Rogers matches up better to Welker than any other DB for the Bills because of his quickness. Still, Welker is tough for anyone to cover.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                          Buffalo's defenseive line has also been effective at stopping the run for the most part this season. I think that Belichick will strive for some balance, but I also expect there will be more reliance on short passes. Brady will know he's not going to have time to hit a lot of intermediate and deep balls. That means Justin Rogers is going to play a huge role in defending Wes Welker. Rogers matches up better to Welker than any other DB for the Bills because of his quickness. Still, Welker is tough for anyone to cover.
                          I think they run even if it isn't piling up big yards. They need to make sure Buffalo isn't just trying to tee off on the QB, they need to make them think run at times. I think the Pats probably try to run in 3 WR sets, hopefully matching up against the Bills nickel defense rather than base personnel. The Pats have 97 rushing attempts in 3 games, and I expect they will try to run the ball 30+ times against the Bills as well. They just don't have the OL to drop back 50 times and forget about the run game, Brady would get killed.

I doubt Rogers will cover Welker straight up without help, I imagine a big part of the Bills game-plan is extra help on Welker. He is Brady's security blanket, they need to make Brady hesitant to look his way. The Pats have good balance over the field, with Lloyd on the outside, Welker in the slot and Gronkowski as a big target in the middle (at least they don't have to worry about Hernandez). One would think the Bills are going to try to make brady hold the ball and Lloyd's routes take longer to develop, so Welker is probably the bigger focus. If they don't give Gronkowski a free release then Brady will have to hold the ball and wait for plays to develop downfield, and that gives the Bills rush a chance to do their job.

That is why I think they use the run game. You can't stop everything, and with the focus on the pass game and getting to Brady, the Pats will try to mix in the run and make the Bills play more honest. That seems to be their MO this year, although Hernandez being out makes them use their 2 TE offense much less.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                            I think they run even if it isn't piling up big yards. They need to make sure Buffalo isn't just trying to tee off on the QB, they need to make them think run at times. I think the Pats probably try to run in 3 WR sets, hopefully matching up against the Bills nickel defense rather than base personnel. The Pats have 97 rushing attempts in 3 games, and I expect they will try to run the ball 30+ times against the Bills as well. They just don't have the OL to drop back 50 times and forget about the run game, Brady would get killed.

I doubt Rogers will cover Welker straight up without help, I imagine a big part of the Bills game-plan is extra help on Welker. He is Brady's security blanket, they need to make Brady hesitant to look his way. The Pats have good balance over the field, with Lloyd on the outside, Welker in the slot and Gronkowski as a big target in the middle (at least they don't have to worry about Hernandez). One would think the Bills are going to try to make brady hold the ball and Lloyd's routes take longer to develop, so Welker is probably the bigger focus. If they don't give Gronkowski a free release then Brady will have to hold the ball and wait for plays to develop downfield, and that gives the Bills rush a chance to do their job.

That is why I think they use the run game. You can't stop everything, and with the focus on the pass game and getting to Brady, the Pats will try to mix in the run and make the Bills play more honest. That seems to be their MO this year, although Hernandez being out makes them use their 2 TE offense much less.
                            Another reason to have the secondary cheat up & help stop the run, either way Brady is getting violated again & again on every play. We might actually be be there when he's handing the ball off, you watch a break-up behind the line causing a fumble tomorrow (that's my guess).

If you're a betting man, taking the 3.5 points for the Bills right now is making a major amount of sense.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              Another reason to have the secondary cheat up & help stop the run, either way Brady is getting violated again & again on every play. We might actually be be there when he's handing the ball off, you watch a break-up behind the line causing a fumble tomorrow (that's my guess).

If you're a betting man, taking the 3.5 points for the Bills right now is making a major amount of sense.
                              I wouldn't underestimate them. Gronkowski has terrorized the Bills, with 7 TDs against them in 4 career games, and the Pats are tough to match up with because of tempo. You can talk all you want about what the Bills DL will get to do, but when they are able to force tempo the defense rarely has a chance to get set. Lloyd is also a tough matchup, as he is able to run quick outside catches to the sideline that are pretty much impossible to stop when a play is needed.

The Bills needs to get a lead and force the Pats to be one-dimensional. If they don't, the Pats will kill them with pace. Remember, the Bills used to do that to teams with the K-Gun, and they would swallow teams up before they had a chance to get their heads straight.
                              Last edited by GingerP; 09-29-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X