PDA

View Full Version : 6 Turnovers?

jamze132
09-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Seriously?

I mean, come on. WTF is Gailey giving us?

ParanoidAndroid
09-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, while Gailey has to take a large share of the blame for the terrible division record, those 6 turnovers cannot be put on him. Those were makeable plays that were not made. That's on the players.

Crisis
09-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Fitz needs to keep his league leading INT streak alive.

2 in a row baby.

YardRat
09-30-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm done with Fitz. He is officially a liability.

Owen DeBoard
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, while Gailey has to take a large share of the blame for the terrible division record, those 6 turnovers cannot be put on him. Those were makeable plays that were not made. That's on the players.
No he cant be blammed for them all but the most costly one of the game is on him. C Js goaline fumble was the game changing play that helped the Pats get the momentum back. Fred Jackson should always get that carry.

The Jokeman
09-30-2012, 04:16 PM

I agree, I used to think that Fitz could be a game manager QB but he's starting to show he's not even that. He just can't make all the throws it takes to be an NFL QB on a consistant basis. Time to be looking to draft his replacement.

The Jokeman
09-30-2012, 04:18 PM
No he cant be blammed for them all but the most costly one of the game is on him. C Js goaline fumble was the game changing play that helped the Pats get the momentum back. Fred Jackson should always get that carry.

That was a great play by Wilfork but it's still question if was a true fumble with all the players around Spiller toss in one has to wonder if CJ's momentum was stopped. Unfortunate play but we also got lucky their K missed two FGs to keep the game close.

Cali512
09-30-2012, 04:21 PM
That was a great play by Wilfork but it's still question if was a true fumble with all the players around Spiller toss in one has to wonder if CJ's momentum was stopped. Unfortunate play but we also got lucky their K missed two FGs to keep the game close.

Thats homerism, because it was one of the most obvious fumbles of the year, and your nit picking like crazy on that call. He fumbled as soon as he got hit and it was clear as day

The Jokeman
09-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Thats homerism, because it was one of the most obvious fumbles of the year, and your nit picking like crazy on that call. He fumbled as soon as he got hit and it was clear as day

Either way the Bills didn't lose the game because of that play, it played a part in the loss but not going to blame that. What lost us that game was Fitz' inaccuracy and our inability to stop the Patriots running game,

Generalissimus Gibby
09-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Seriously?

I mean, come on. WTF is Gailey giving us?

A lesson in how to lose. In football you have to win the turnover battle: We didn't do that. It helps to win the TOP battle: We didn't. You have to run and stop the run: We didn't and they did. You have to win the line of scrimmage: We didn't You have to have better field position: We didn't. This game was over before it began.

gebobs
09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the realist side of the forum.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Only done with Fitz? What you approve of our 100 million dollar bum?

gebobs
09-30-2012, 05:04 PM
That was a fumble. That play happens a thousand times and it is ruled a fumble a thousand times.

It was the turning point in the game. We go up 28-7 and possibly can hang on for the win if we don't have n idiot, pass happy coach who wants to throw the piss out our mediocre quarterback's arm. Gailey is a stupid mother effer. Stupid as all get out.

Turf
09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
We lost because the defense couldn't stop anyone in the 2nd half. Wanny was doing anything but watching the game.

GingerP
09-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Spikes forced the fumble when he stood Spiller up with a hit in the hole. Wilfork recovered it after it fell to the ground. I don't think a fumble could be any less clear.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2012, 08:45 PM

Always has been. T-Jax needs to start next week.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
That was a fumble. That play happens a thousand times and it is ruled a fumble a thousand times.

It was the turning point in the game. We go up 28-7 and possibly can hang on for the win if we don't have n idiot, pass happy coach who wants to throw the piss out our mediocre quarterback's arm. Gailey is a stupid mother effer. Stupid as all get out.

Gailey sure is an idiot.

jamze132
10-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Stupid play call to send the lil' fella right into Vince Wilfork.

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm done with Fitz. He is officially a liability. I think you are right. His play whether good or bad has a direct effect on the entire team. There was no bigger example of that than yesterday. When he plays badly, the other players respond by performing like they are expecting to lose. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Only done with Fitz? What you approve of our 100 million dollar bum?

Mario Williams didn't throw 4 interceptions.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 09:21 AM

He also could have been replaced by me yesterday with no discernible difference...

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
He also could have been replaced by me yesterday with no discernible difference... There would be a difference. Do you really think Kyle Williams isn't benefiting by having Mario Williams on that field? how about Dareus? Is Mario Williams worth the contract he got? HELL NO. But he does serve a purpose here. Take him out of that lineup and this defense is just as bad as it was in 2010.

Bill Cody
10-01-2012, 09:51 AM

He was equally useless

gebobs
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
There would be a difference. Do you really think Kyle Williams isn't benefiting by having Mario Williams on that field? how about Dareus? Is Mario Williams worth the contract he got? HELL NO. But he does serve a purpose here. Take him out of that lineup and this defense is just as bad as it was in 2010.
Don't look now, but the Bills defense is now ranked lower than they were in 2010. Splitting hairs for sure. I mean, is there really much difference between 28th in the league in points against in 2010 and 30th this year? Or 24th in the league in yards allowed in 2010 against 27th this year?

If the Bills are seeing any benefit from having either Dareus or Mario in the lineup, it's a mystery.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
There would be a difference. Do you really think Kyle Williams isn't benefiting by having Mario Williams on that field? how about Dareus? Is Mario Williams worth the contract he got? HELL NO. But he does serve a purpose here. Take him out of that lineup and this defense is just as bad as it was in 2010.

Williams is being singled up most of the time. Where is the benefit?

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't look now, but the Bills defense is now ranked lower than they were in 2010. Splitting hairs for sure. I mean, is there really much difference between 28th in the league in points against in 2010 and 30th this year? Or 24th in the league in yards allowed in 2010 against 27th this year?

If the Bills are seeing any benefit from having either Dareus or Mario in the lineup, it's a mystery. Okay, maybe 2010 was a poor example of what I was attempting to say. This defense would be even worse without him than they are with him. Our linebackers are horrible, and a rookie outshines ever veteran db we have. That's not a good thing. There are other problems with this defense that are much bigger than Mario. Failing to acknowledge that fact is just looking for scape goat to pin it on. Just saying.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Okay, maybe 2010 was a poor example of what I was attempting to say. This defense would be even worse without him than they are with him. Our linebackers are horrible, and a rookie outshines ever veteran db we have. That's not a good thing. There are other problems with this defense that are much bigger than Mario. Failing to acknowledge that fact is just looking for scape goat to pin it on. Just saying.

I blame the whole DL. They got just annihilated. They were being pushed so far back that once the RB got the handoff you could actually see that where and how he was going to pick up 12 yards before he even started running.

Not to mention Brady sitting around enjoying his time in the pocket while Woodhead has 4 seconds to lose Barnett in coverage. We did absolutely nothing and you have to put most of the blame on guys like Mario and Anderson because they were the guys brought in to make a difference for games like this when we are leading by two TDs and just need to get after the passer.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2012, 06:05 PM

but... but.... but he's leading the league in TD passes.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2012, 06:07 PM

was he even on the field? we could have gotten more production out of Mario Clark and he's been out of the league for 30 years.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 06:32 PM

I agree that was a big play but in the end it still wouldn't have mattered. The Patriots did whatever they wanted in the second half. The team gave up once they put a couple good drives together.

It started right out of halftime. If not for a fortunate breakup by Gilmore on the Gronkowski pass then we wouldn't have forced one punt the entire second half. The fumble wouldn't have made any difference. After that play and then the Jones TD we should've recaptured all the momentum back but the team mailed it in once they couldn't stop the Patriots anymore.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Williams was an above average player on the decline in the past few years who hit FA at the right time and got a ton of money from a desperate team. He was and never will be worth that money. While he was always decent when healthy he was never a huge force. The Texans defense didn't start getting good until the end of his tenure and the he was injured for most of that anyway. They have only gotten better and haven't missed a beat since.

The worse part of all of this is it seems like now that he has his money he doesn't really care. He is a 10 sack a year guy in a good year but he's not a disruptive force like Julius Peppers when he hit FA, Jared Allen, Juan Pierre-Paul and even JJ Watt who was his replacement in Houston.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
That's usually the Bills though. They rarely spend any money and when they go through their spurts every 5 years or so when they do decide to spend some big money they usually spend it on the wrong players.