PDA

View Full Version : Prediction - April 2013 - New GM Doug Whaley Picks A QB in Round 1

Night Train
09-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Nix, Chan, Wanny, Fitz and a few others basically fired themselves today.

This IS the team you need to beat and the result was 6 unanswered TD's in a matter of a few minutes..at home..

Brandon cannot market this team unless changes are made and the San Fran game looks like a good day to clean out the garage. 49ers have the coach we wanted.. but he stayed home and got the job he wanted. We settled and the rest is history. A favorable schedule looks to be all for nothing. We can beat a few bottom feeders but little else.

I'm not overreacting but calmly viewing a situation that won't fix itself. Change is needed. There is talent on this roster but they need direction and a scheme that works. This doesn't.

Wonder who Whaley will hire to coach the team ?

kingJofNYC
09-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Who's going to do the firing? Ralph? I agree that they should clean house, but I don't think Ralph gives a **** right now.

Night Train
09-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Who's going to do the firing? Ralph? I agree that they should clean house, but I don't think Ralph gives a **** right now.
I think Brandon runs this team now.

kingJofNYC
09-30-2012, 06:24 PM
We're ****ed.

Need a new owner.

coastal
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Brandon is up there to be sure, but hes not the decision maker.

Brandon is Detroit's hand in OP.

Detroit still runs this org. The question is who in Detroit is running things.

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Nix, Chan, Wanny, Fitz and a few others basically fired themselves today.

This IS the team you need to beat and the result was 6 unanswered TD's in a matter of a few minutes..at home..

Brandon cannot market this team unless changes are made and the San Fran game looks like a good day to clean out the garage. 49ers have the coach we wanted.. but he stayed home and got the job he wanted. We settled and the rest is history. A favorable schedule looks to be all for nothing. We can beat a few bottom feeders but little else.

I'm not overreacting but calmly viewing a situation that won't fix itself. Change is needed. There is talent on this roster but they need direction and a scheme that works. This doesn't.

Wonder who Whaley will hire to coach the team ?

None of this would surprise me and for HC I would strongly consider Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden.

kingJofNYC
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
None of this would surprise me and for HC I would strongly consider Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden.

Really like Jay Gruden as well, but will he take the job? Had opportunities last off season but stayed put.

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Really like Jay Gruden as well, but will he take the job? Had opportunities last off season but stayed put.

I think so, chance to rebuild one of the NFL's former great franchises, especially if he gets to build from scratch. Could you imagine him and say Geno Smith? Pipe dream I know.

kingJofNYC
09-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I think so, chance to rebuild one of the NFL's former great franchises, especially if he gets to build from scratch. Could you imagine him and say Geno Smith? Pipe dream I know.

I don't know, with the way they played today, and with the schedule we have the next few weeks, picking high in the draft is no longer a stretch. But in typical Bills fashion, we'll somehow mess it up. 6-10/7-9 here we come!

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't know, with the way they played today, and with the schedule we have the next few weeks, picking high in the draft is no longer a stretch. But in typical Bills fashion, we'll somehow mess it up. 6-10/7-9 here we come!

In that scenario I would hope Whaley would not Cleveland Browns the draft and be willing to make the big move (like the RGIII trade) to get the right guy for this team.

billsfanryan
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM

This would be so nice... Maybe a d-coordinator who can utilize the talent on his roster? Make adjustments?

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 07:36 PM
This would be so nice... Maybe a d-coordinator who can utilize the talent on his roster? Make adjustments?

In the blink of an eye Id poach Manny Diaz from Texas or Nick Aliotti from Oregon from their schematic ability. Also of course make the obligatory call to Bud Foster at VT as well, but I dont think he's leaving.

Bangarang
09-30-2012, 07:43 PM

We don't get that lucky. Knowing us, Gruden wouldn't even want to interview for the job and Geno would refuse to report to camp.

YardRat
09-30-2012, 07:47 PM
I don't see Nix getting fired by any stretch, he's built up the talent level of the team and gone about it the right way. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he retired and turned the reins over Whaley, we've all already heard those rumors/rumblings. Gailey has failed as a head coach, and Wanny didn't deserve the DC to begin with. They definitely are at the point where QB is high on the priority list, though.

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't see Nix getting fired by any stretch, he's built up the talent level of the team and gone about it the right way. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he retired and turned the reins over Whaley, we've all already heard those rumors/rumblings. Gailey has failed as a head coach, and Wanny didn't deserve the DC to begin with. They definitely are at the point where QB is high on the priority list, though.

Agreed on all accounts and Id have no issue with Whaley taking over at this point. Nix could move into an advisor type role with Whaley taking over as GM.

I just shake my head in frustration at our current coaching situation.

Bangarang
09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Agreed on all accounts and Id have no issue with Whaley taking over at this point. Nix could move into an advisor type role with Whaley taking over as GM.

I just shake my head in frustration at our current coaching situation.

We started as a 3-4 team with George Edwards. That was about as pathetic as possible

Now we're a 4-3 team with Wanny. He's on the verge of being pathetic.

DraftBoy
09-30-2012, 08:09 PM
We started as a 3-4 team with George Edwards. That was about as pathetic as possible

Now we're a 4-3 team with Wanny. He's on the verge of being pathetic.

We went from what we hated to a coach who was in over his head, and now back to what we hated in the first place.

cookie G
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
In the blink of an eye Id poach Manny Diaz from Texas or Nick Aliotti from Oregon from their schematic ability. Also of course make the obligatory call to Bud Foster at VT as well, but I dont think he's leaving.

If you are going the college route, go for the best.

That means Kirby Smart or Dick Bumpas.

With Bumpas, you don't lose a 'stache, you get a new and improved version

Besides, we haven't had enough penis jokes since Ed Wang was cut.

Historian
10-01-2012, 04:42 AM
The first thing that has to happen, is Brandon needs to go. He's a little leaguer trying to piss in the tall wheat with the big boys.

Then our 154 year old owner needs to pony up for a real coach...to the tune of the 7 to 10 million dollar market price.

Then, this team needs a franchise QB.

There is a good nucleus here, and the lines are finally staffed with talent. Its just being mis-managed.

Throw so much money at Billick or Cowher that they can't say no.

Night Train
10-01-2012, 05:38 AM
The first thing that has to happen, is Brandon needs to go. He's a little leaguer trying to piss in the tall wheat with the big boys.

I think he's Ralphs right hand man in Orchard Park. Littman keeps the books in Detroit.

They're probably the 2 closest to him right now. Overdorf works for Littman.

YardRat
10-01-2012, 05:48 AM

Then our 154 year old owner needs to pony up for a real coach...to the tune of the 7 to 10 million dollar market price.

Then, this team needs a franchise QB.

There is a good nucleus here, and the lines are finally staffed with talent. Its just being mis-managed.

Throw so much money at Billick or Cowher that they can't say no.

Brandon does a great job as long as he sticks to marketing, which he has.

Nix & Co have done a good job of putting together the nucleus, and I agree we are at the point where QB is at the top of the list.

I don't want Billick or Cowher, though...I want somebody who is hungry to win, not just cash in.

Historian
10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Agreed, NT...and that fact alone should speak volumes.

Historian
10-01-2012, 06:47 AM
That's the problem with this team, Rat.

Too much marketing, not enough substance.

Night Train
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
You can't think playoffs if you're getting blown out in your division. 100 points given up in 2 divisional games.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 06:54 AM
If you are going the college route, go for the best.

That means Kirby Smart or Dick Bumpas.

With Bumpas, you don't lose a 'stache, you get a new and improved version

Besides, we haven't had enough penis jokes since Ed Wang was cut.

Id take Diaz and Aliotti over Smart and Bumpas in all honesty. Though if we get the stache with Bumpas I'd be awful interested.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Nix & Co have done a good job of putting together the nucleus, and I agree we are at the point where QB is at the top of the list.

They were at that point years ago. They are past that point.