• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Prediction - April 2013 - New GM Doug Whaley Picks A QB in Round 1

Nix, Chan, Wanny, Fitz and a few others basically fired themselves today.

This IS the team you need to beat and the result was 6 unanswered TD's in a matter of a few minutes..at home..

Brandon cannot market this team unless changes are made and the San Fran game looks like a good day to clean out the garage. 49ers have the coach we wanted.. but he stayed home and got the job he wanted. We settled and the rest is history. A favorable schedule looks to be all for nothing. We can beat a few bottom feeders but little else.

I'm not overreacting but calmly viewing a situation that won't fix itself. Change is needed. There is talent on this roster but they need direction and a scheme that works. This doesn't.

Wonder who Whaley will hire to coach the team ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Prediction - April 2013 - New GM Doug Whaley Picks A QB in Round 1

Who's going to do the firing? Ralph? I agree that they should clean house, but I don't think Ralph gives a **** right now.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      Who's going to do the firing? Ralph? I agree that they should clean house, but I don't think Ralph gives a **** right now.
      I think Brandon runs this team now.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        We're ****ed.

Need a new owner.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Brandon is up there to be sure, but hes not the decision maker.

Brandon is Detroit's hand in OP.

Detroit still runs this org. The question is who in Detroit is running things.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Nix, Chan, Wanny, Fitz and a few others basically fired themselves today.

This IS the team you need to beat and the result was 6 unanswered TD's in a matter of a few minutes..at home..

Brandon cannot market this team unless changes are made and the San Fran game looks like a good day to clean out the garage. 49ers have the coach we wanted.. but he stayed home and got the job he wanted. We settled and the rest is history. A favorable schedule looks to be all for nothing. We can beat a few bottom feeders but little else.

I'm not overreacting but calmly viewing a situation that won't fix itself. Change is needed. There is talent on this roster but they need direction and a scheme that works. This doesn't.

Wonder who Whaley will hire to coach the team ?
            None of this would surprise me and for HC I would strongly consider Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              None of this would surprise me and for HC I would strongly consider Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden.
              Really like Jay Gruden as well, but will he take the job? Had opportunities last off season but stayed put.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Really like Jay Gruden as well, but will he take the job? Had opportunities last off season but stayed put.
                I think so, chance to rebuild one of the NFL's former great franchises, especially if he gets to build from scratch. Could you imagine him and say Geno Smith? Pipe dream I know.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

I think so, chance to rebuild one of the NFL's former great franchises, especially if he gets to build from scratch. Could you imagine him and say Geno Smith? Pipe dream I know.
                  I don't know, with the way they played today, and with the schedule we have the next few weeks, picking high in the draft is no longer a stretch. But in typical Bills fashion, we'll somehow mess it up. 6-10/7-9 here we come!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I don't know, with the way they played today, and with the schedule we have the next few weeks, picking high in the draft is no longer a stretch. But in typical Bills fashion, we'll somehow mess it up. 6-10/7-9 here we come!
                    In that scenario I would hope Whaley would not Cleveland Browns the draft and be willing to make the big move (like the RGIII trade) to get the right guy for this team.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• billsfanryan
                      • Jan 2010

This would be so nice... Maybe a d-coordinator who can utilize the talent on his roster? Make adjustments?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanryan View Post
                        This would be so nice... Maybe a d-coordinator who can utilize the talent on his roster? Make adjustments?
                        In the blink of an eye Id poach Manny Diaz from Texas or Nick Aliotti from Oregon from their schematic ability. Also of course make the obligatory call to Bud Foster at VT as well, but I dont think he's leaving.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bangarang
                          • Sep 2010

We don't get that lucky. Knowing us, Gruden wouldn't even want to interview for the job and Geno would refuse to report to camp.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I don't see Nix getting fired by any stretch, he's built up the talent level of the team and gone about it the right way. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he retired and turned the reins over Whaley, we've all already heard those rumors/rumblings. Gailey has failed as a head coach, and Wanny didn't deserve the DC to begin with. They definitely are at the point where QB is high on the priority list, though.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I don't see Nix getting fired by any stretch, he's built up the talent level of the team and gone about it the right way. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he retired and turned the reins over Whaley, we've all already heard those rumors/rumblings. Gailey has failed as a head coach, and Wanny didn't deserve the DC to begin with. They definitely are at the point where QB is high on the priority list, though.
                              Agreed on all accounts and Id have no issue with Whaley taking over at this point. Nix could move into an advisor type role with Whaley taking over as GM.

I just shake my head in frustration at our current coaching situation.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X