PDA

View Full Version : I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-30-2012, 06:31 PM
The defensive game plan would worked to perfection to the 2011 version of the Pats.

Not 2012. And we've seen the signs the 1st 3 games.

Our D linemen all go for a penetration, to get to the QB. No gap control. When it became obvious that they are going to run, our D-Line and linebackers looked like they have no plan, don't know how to defend other than trying hold at their spot.

McDaniel is doing a wonder for the Pats where Wanny is schooled. When the Bills went up by 2TDs, the Pats went to their backup plan and it worked.

On offense, when the run game is stopped, there is nothing left. I know Chan went away from the 5 wide this year, but when you need it, Fitz only trust Stevie and Chandler. He cannot hook up to Graham yet.

mrbojanglezs
09-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I put the game on the inability of our overpaid linemen not being able to pass rush and fill the running gaps and fitz overthrowing and underthrowing passes

Skooby
09-30-2012, 07:06 PM
We over-played our D for pressure, the runs killed us.

colin
09-30-2012, 07:12 PM
We got beat in every way today. Our coaching stank, our qb sucked, and our d players made mistakes.

The biggest thing was that we got ***** slapped. They hit hard and constantly every play. We were soft. Our guys got hurt.

We are a finesse team with a bad qb and no speed rushers. And we quit. Once bad fitz shows up and throws some picks the d quits

imbondz
09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
We got beat in every way today. Our coaching stank, our qb sucked, and our d players made mistakes.

The biggest thing was that we got ***** slapped. They hit hard and constantly every play. We were soft. Our guys got hurt.

We are a finesse team with a bad qb and no speed rushers. And we quit. Once bad fitz shows up and throws some picks the d quits

yep

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Fitzpatrick is so bad. I don't know why he is still the starter.

GingerP
09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Running nickel personnel against the Pats 2 TE sets was seriously questionable. The Pats were just blocking down and having a backside OG or one of the TE pull and lead into the hole. The Bills had smaller personnel and got crushed in the run game.

Hard to blame the coaching staff for all the turnovers, though. The offense gave the ball away 6 times, which is on the players.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Fitzpatrick is so bad. I don't know why he is still the starter. Because they don't dare put Thigpen in and they dumped Vince Young for a guy who still probably isn't ready to start.

Bangarang
09-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Chan certainly knows how to pick his defensive coordinators. First George Edwards. Now this clown.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Because they don't dare put Thigpen in and they dumped Vince Young for a guy who still probably isn't ready to start.

He's been here for four weeks. He has to know the basics of the offense. I would rather see a quarterback in the game who can put some mustard on his passes.

kingJofNYC
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Running nickel personnel against the Pats 2 TE sets was seriously questionable. The Pats were just blocking down and having a backside OG or one of the TE pull and lead into the hole. The Bills had smaller personnel and got crushed in the run game.

Hard to blame the coaching staff for all the turnovers, though. The offense gave the ball away 6 times, which is on the players.

Good post. Remember when gronk lined up in backfield and just crushed Scott on a block. Big yards.

Coaching staff doesn't trust any of our LBs besides Barnett to cover anyone. So we're stuck with Scott and Barnett trying to hold up against run heavy sets.

GingerP
09-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Chan Gailey is now 12-24 with the Bills, a .333 winning percentage. He might be the unthinkable, a downgrade from Dick Jauron.

GingerP
09-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Coaching staff doesn't trust any of our LBs besides Barnett to cover anyone. So we're stuck with Scott and Barnett trying to hold up against run heavy sets.

None of their LB are comfortable moving laterally, even Barnett. The LB are not very good as a unit, including Scott. They are playing a SF team next week that might run the ball at them 50 times.

I know the Bills turned the ball over a lot and the Pats are a good offense, but I can't believe they allowed 50+ points and almost 600 total yards and the Pats didn't even have Hernandez and Mankins. They were down 2 elite players at their positions, and the only thing that kept the Pats from scoring more was their own fumbles and missed FG. That is scary.

DynaPaul
09-30-2012, 10:02 PM
We suck. We're only good at beating up on mediocre teams and today was just inexcusable.

YardRat
10-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Wannstadt is still stuck in the early '90's.

Fitz is starting to drag down the team with his mistakes.

Historian
10-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Chan Gailey is now 12-24 with the Bills, a .333 winning percentage. He might be the unthinkable, a downgrade from Dick Jauron.

Hard to believe we would be looking back on the Jauron 7-9 trifecta as "the good old days" eh?

GingerP
10-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Hard to believe we would be looking back on the Jauron 7-9 trifecta as "the good old days" eh?

Unless they can turn things around, they will have to go the young route as HC. They aren't going to get an established guy, and the retread-route (Gailey/Jauron) hasn't been working. They have to try and get a hot college guy or young assistant, like SF did with Harbaugh or Oakland did when they got Gruden.

coastal
10-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Unless they can turn things around, they will have to go the young route as HC. They aren't going to get an established guy, and the retread-route (Gailey/Jauron) hasn't been working. They have to try and get a hot college guy or young assistant, like SF did with Harbaugh or Oakland did when they got Gruden.
Sorry... Any hot young college guy would realize that coming here, even for a head coaching gig, would be a poor career move.

Ralph needs to die and then fans need to pray LA doesn't come calling at the viewing.

and yes... It's that bad.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Sorry... Any hot young college guy would realize that coming here, even for a head coaching gig, would be a poor career move.

Ralph needs to die and then fans need to pray LA doesn't come calling at the viewing.

Buffalo is not a likely move candidate.

gebobs
10-01-2012, 07:34 AM
The biggest thing was that we got ***** slapped.
And ***** slapped twice in two games within the division. That comes to 2-12 in the division for Gailey. I know I'm a new voice here, but I've been saying on the Range that Gailey was going to be another schmuck. This isn't mere cynicism. I was well acquainted with Gaily the Gimmick during his tenure at GaTech. I keep hoping he'll prove me wrong, but games like yesterday just underscore the point.

coastal
10-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Buffalo is not a likely move candidate.
:rofl:

GingerP
10-01-2012, 07:46 AM

That is being a bit dramatic. Buffalo is one of 5 teams that could end up moving to LA, but when you look at it they are 4th or 5th on the list, and only because of their lease situation. San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo. In that order.

PTI
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
3 years straight of being the most unprepared team in the NFL, I can't believe Gailey is still the coach.

It is unacceptable to get blown out as often as they do.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
That is being a bit dramatic. Buffalo is one of 5 teams that could end up moving to LA, but when you look at it they are 4th or 5th on the list, and only because of their lease situation. San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo. In that order.

If Ralph dies, then Buffalo moves to the top of that list.