I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff.

The defensive game plan would worked to perfection to the 2011 version of the Pats.

Not 2012. And we've seen the signs the 1st 3 games.

Our D linemen all go for a penetration, to get to the QB. No gap control. When it became obvious that they are going to run, our D-Line and linebackers looked like they have no plan, don't know how to defend other than trying hold at their spot.

McDaniel is doing a wonder for the Pats where Wanny is schooled. When the Bills went up by 2TDs, the Pats went to their backup plan and it worked.

On offense, when the run game is stopped, there is nothing left. I know Chan went away from the 5 wide this year, but when you need it, Fitz only trust Stevie and Chandler. He cannot hook up to Graham yet.
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff.

I put the game on the inability of our overpaid linemen not being able to pass rush and fill the running gaps and fitz overthrowing and underthrowing passes

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

We over-played our D for pressure, the runs killed us.

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

We got beat in every way today. Our coaching stank, our qb sucked, and our d players made mistakes.

The biggest thing was that we got ***** slapped. They hit hard and constantly every play. We were soft. Our guys got hurt.

We are a finesse team with a bad qb and no speed rushers. And we quit. Once bad fitz shows up and throws some picks the d quits

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by colin View Post
          We got beat in every way today. Our coaching stank, our qb sucked, and our d players made mistakes.

The biggest thing was that we got ***** slapped. They hit hard and constantly every play. We were soft. Our guys got hurt.

We are a finesse team with a bad qb and no speed rushers. And we quit. Once bad fitz shows up and throws some picks the d quits
          yep
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Fitzpatrick is so bad. I don't know why he is still the starter.

Comment

• GingerP
              • Aug 2012

Running nickel personnel against the Pats 2 TE sets was seriously questionable. The Pats were just blocking down and having a backside OG or one of the TE pull and lead into the hole. The Bills had smaller personnel and got crushed in the run game.

Hard to blame the coaching staff for all the turnovers, though. The offense gave the ball away 6 times, which is on the players.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                Fitzpatrick is so bad. I don't know why he is still the starter.
                Because they don't dare put Thigpen in and they dumped Vince Young for a guy who still probably isn't ready to start.

Comment

• Bangarang
                  • Sep 2010

Chan certainly knows how to pick his defensive coordinators. First George Edwards. Now this clown.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot View Post
                    Because they don't dare put Thigpen in and they dumped Vince Young for a guy who still probably isn't ready to start.
                    He's been here for four weeks. He has to know the basics of the offense. I would rather see a quarterback in the game who can put some mustard on his passes.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                      Running nickel personnel against the Pats 2 TE sets was seriously questionable. The Pats were just blocking down and having a backside OG or one of the TE pull and lead into the hole. The Bills had smaller personnel and got crushed in the run game.

Hard to blame the coaching staff for all the turnovers, though. The offense gave the ball away 6 times, which is on the players.
                      Good post. Remember when gronk lined up in backfield and just crushed Scott on a block. Big yards.

Coaching staff doesn't trust any of our LBs besides Barnett to cover anyone. So we're stuck with Scott and Barnett trying to hold up against run heavy sets.

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

Chan Gailey is now 12-24 with the Bills, a .333 winning percentage. He might be the unthinkable, a downgrade from Dick Jauron.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          Coaching staff doesn't trust any of our LBs besides Barnett to cover anyone. So we're stuck with Scott and Barnett trying to hold up against run heavy sets.
                          None of their LB are comfortable moving laterally, even Barnett. The LB are not very good as a unit, including Scott. They are playing a SF team next week that might run the ball at them 50 times.

I know the Bills turned the ball over a lot and the Pats are a good offense, but I can't believe they allowed 50+ points and almost 600 total yards and the Pats didn't even have Hernandez and Mankins. They were down 2 elite players at their positions, and the only thing that kept the Pats from scoring more was their own fumbles and missed FG. That is scary.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

We suck. We're only good at beating up on mediocre teams and today was just inexcusable.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Wannstadt is still stuck in the early '90's.

Fitz is starting to drag down the team with his mistakes.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X