X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Give our D time

I do have to say, our fans are stupid (including me at times) if we believe that our D would be dominant immediatly

We have a new DC who hasnt coached in a while who is still adjusting to being on this team

We are switching schemes

Barnett, Dareus, Sheppard, Anderson, and Mario are all playing positions that they either never have played, or havent played in a few years

Barnett, Sheppard, A Williams, Rogers, and Dareus just came here last season

Gilmore, Mario, and Anderson all just got here this season

We have a brand new DC, defensive scheme, and a bunch of new players who have never played with eachother before before this year and or last. We were warned that our D will show flashes, but wont be really good till the later part of the season, so everyone keep calm. Today was a defensive collapse based on the surprising running game. We knew we had to stop Brady, and did a great job until they started running. But we knew we couldnt get outa a pass D because that was just what they were waiting for. A veteran D woulda been able to compensate for this, and i believe Wanny woulda made more adjustments. Our players just needa get comfortable together. Itll take some growing pains but weve shown alot of flashes. We all knew all this going into this season, but were just now realizing it. The fact that were showing flashes is all we can ask for at this point. But well be good. San frans and Houstons D didnt grow over one season. It took them all getting adjusted before they were really good. The cardinals didnt look dominant on D till the end of last season, and have continued this season. Just relax. We know individually that we have at least 4-5 great players, and the rest are solid, with a couple inconsistant players (Wilson, Barnett, Sheppard, Moats, A-Will, and Leodis)
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Give our D time

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    I do have to say, our fans are stupid (including me at times) if we believe that our D would be dominant immediatly

We have a new DC who hasnt coached in a while who is still adjusting to being on this team

We are switching schemes

Barnett, Dareus, Sheppard, Anderson, and Mario are all playing positions that they either never have played, or havent played in a few years

We have a brand new DC, defensive scheme, and a bunch of new players who have never played with eachother before before this year and or last. We were warned that our D will show flashes, but wont be really good till the later part of the season, so everyone keep calm. Today was a defensive collapse based on the surprising running game. We knew we had to stop Brady, and did a great job until they started running. But we knew we couldnt get outa a pass D because that was just what they were waiting for. A veteran D woulda been able to compensate for this, and i believe Wanny woulda made more adjustments. Our players just needa get comfortable together. Itll take some growing pains but weve shown alot of flashes. We all knew all this going into this season, but were just now realizing it. The fact that were showing flashes is all we can ask for at this point. But well be good. San frans and Houstons D didnt grow over one season. It took them all getting adjusted before they were really good. The cardinals didnt look dominant on D till the end of last season, and have continued this season. Just relax. We know individually that we have at least 4-5 great players, and the rest are solid, with a couple inconsistant players (Wilson, Barnett, Sheppard, Moats, A-Will, and Leodis)
    He was the Head Coach at Pittsburgh before getting run out of town and coming to Buffalo. In fact he was out of a coaching job all of 45 total days (fired by Pitt 12/7/10, hired by Bills 1/21/11).
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Nope. Plenty of teams have figured it out quicker.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Texans figured it out instantly last season. New scheme, new players, new coach. Quick results.

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

You don't need time to learn how to play with heart and be physical.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            He was the Head Coach at Pittsburgh before getting run out of town and coming to Buffalo. In fact he was out of a coaching job all of 45 total days (fired by Pitt 12/7/10, hired by Bills 1/21/11).

Im not going to answer this because its a totally stupid comeback
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Im not going to answer this because its a totally stupid comeback
              You said he hadn't coached in a while, so unless you're going to tell me 45 total days is a while, Im not sure you should be the one calling anybody or anything stupid.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

0-2 in the division. 97 points given up.

There is no more time. We are already ****ed.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                  Texans figured it out instantly last season. New scheme, new players, new coach. Quick results.

There D took years to develop. They didnt get all the players in 1 year and then became amazing. It took a good 3 years for there players to get on the team and perform at a high level

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

We are switching schemes

I preached this upfront, we're way out on normal schemes everytime, it's obvious❤.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

We are switching schemes

This post is a ******.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        You said he hadn't coached in a while, so unless you're going to tell me 45 total days is a while, Im not sure you should be the one calling anybody or anything stupid.

The point was he hasnt coached an NFL D in a while. He hasnt had a long time to get to know all these players and develop them yet. Most DCs get a chance to develop there players to there own scheme, which takes more than 4 games. Players will eventually adapt to the scheme and playing eachother. The Giants, Ravens, Steelers and etc Ds werent built over night. These last 2 years were the first years we had any talent on D. We had 2-3 good solid players, but not the caliber of players we have now. We just needa give them time to develop.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                          This post is a ******.
                          I couldn't have said it better myself.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bangarang
                            • Sep 2010

There D took years to develop. They didnt get all the players in 1 year and then became amazing. It took a good 3 years for there players to get on the team and perform at a high level
                            They completely changed defensive schemes and went from one of the worst defenses in the league to a top defense the same year they made the transition. Not to mention they did all these despite losing Mario Williams. They literally turned that defense around overnight.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                              This post is a ******.

Its ******ed that everything people have said about our D before the season and how there not going to be fully dominant immediatley and it may take time is ******ed?
                              Last edited by Dude; 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM. Reason: TOS violation

Comment

Working...
                              X