• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Let's hope Chan changes his tune on Tarvaris Jackson

In his weekly conversation with Buffalobills.com head coach Chan Gailey said it’s unlikely that Jackson will move up from the number three role this season to challenge for the backup job due to those practice dynamics.
    I was talking to Lecter about this last night, I dont understand why we wasted the pick then. In fairness this was said on 9/29, so let's see if the tune changes otherwise its Fitz and Thigpen all season long.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Let's hope Chan changes his tune on Tarvaris Jackson

Fitz's roll is a toilet roll & it flushed.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i would like to see T Jackson play sooner than later. And it's not because i think he'll fair much better. It's because next year, i don't want fitz tossed away and then this draft of no QB's and an explanation of, "we really like T Jackson and can win with him" as good qb's get taken pick after pick after the bills.

This is a lost season. put it all out there. Show our three crap qb's and then draft a qb in round 1-7. one of them has to be ok.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

The best scenario at this point would be to dump Fitz and his now ridiculous contract, draft a solid, legitimate QB prospect EARLY, and have TJax as the back-up/starter in the event prospect is not ready day 1.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

People laughed when I said I would have traded our entire draft for Andrew Luck. Here's the thing: we could have the '85 Bears defense and the the 89 49ers offense and still not win with Fitz under center. Do you think Washington fans are feeling bad for what they gave up for RG III? It's such a hopeless feeling watching us play NE. They have a QB. We don't. We need to get one at all costs. All costs. The end.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Makes zero sense to trade for the guy, then scratch him from the active roster each Sunday.

He can run and throw. Use him.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Makes zero sense to trade for the guy, then scratch him from the active roster each Sunday.

He can run and throw. Use him.

To me it's a fireable offense to not bench Fitz for TJ now. Why? Because it's impossible for a qualified coach to watch that game film and say "this will get better". NO IT WON'T. Is TJ the answer? For now, yes.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

If we have a losing record heading into the bye, I'd make the swap. I know NE, Arizona, and San Fran are good teams, but you can't expect to lose all those games and still make the playoffs.

I don't think this would be considered a reactionary decision either. Fitz is 12-22 in the last 3 years and has thrown 30 picks in the last 19 games.

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

It seems like a panic move to do that now. It would be one thing if Jackson weren't a career journeyman, but he is. The best thing you can say about him is he is not Fitz. His career Comp% of 59.4, TD-to-Int of 38-to-35 and Yds/Att of 6.7 are Fitz-like. He is 29 years old. He isn't fixing anything.

However, if the team continues to struggle on offense at some point you have to make the change just for the sake of doing something different. I just don't think it will fix anything.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/0...ain-in-3-role/

I was talking to Lecter about this last night, I dont understand why we wasted the pick then. In fairness this was said on 9/29, so let's see if the tune changes otherwise its Fitz and Thigpen all season long.
                    I don't think so. Chan is pretty stubborn. He's a sink or swim coach. The only way I see a change being made is if the ruling comes from a higher pay grade. JMO

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                      If we have a losing record heading into the bye, I'd make the swap.
                      No. This is the equivalent of the Grenn Bay game with Trent Edwards. You don't tell your team "let's go get em we can win with this guy" when they know it's not true. And you don't wait until the season's out of hand to try something bold. Will TJ make a difference? It really doesn't matter does it? Someone, anyone tell me what we've got to lose by sitting Fitz down now. Leadership isn't waiting for the bye week.

The QB can't play D but football is a game of emotion. Tell me how much emotion this team has if we keep the status quo? It's time to hit the bright red panic button. There I said it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

like I said on my thread, Chan thinks Tavaris is not ready. Tell that to the rookies like Tannehill , Luck and RG3. Even 2nd year qb's like Dalton and Ponder are not doing badly.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                          It seems like a panic move to do that now. It would be one thing if Jackson weren't a career journeyman, but he is. The best thing you can say about him is he is not Fitz. His career Comp% of 59.4, TD-to-Int of 38-to-35 and Yds/Att of 6.7 are Fitz-like. He is 29 years old. He isn't fixing anything.

However, if the team continues to struggle on offense at some point you have to make the change just for the sake of doing something different. I just don't think it will fix anything.
                          Panic move? Fitz has a .353 winning percentage over the last 3 seasons.

He's had MORE than ample time to prove his worth and he hasn't.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                            No. This is the equivalent of the Grenn Bay game with Trent Edwards. You don't tell your team "let's go get em we can win with this guy" when they know it's not true. And you don't wait until the season's out of hand to try something bold. Will TJ make a difference? It really doesn't matter does it? Someone, anyone tell me what we've got to lose by sitting Fitz down now. Leadership isn't waiting for the bye week.

The QB can't play D but football is a game of emotion. Tell me how much emotion this team has if we keep the status quo? It's time to hit the bright red panic button. There I said it.
                            I honestly would be ok with handing the reins over to TJ next week. I've seen enough of Pickspatrick to know that we'll never win with him.

The only reason I said bye week is because it's more realistic and doesn't seem as reactionary. It also gives TJ enough to absorb the playbook.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                              I don't think so. Chan is pretty stubborn. He's a sink or swim coach. The only way I see a change being made is if the ruling comes from a higher pay grade. JMO
                              No he's a sink coach. That's why Georgia Tech ran him out of town. As for higher pay grade, the only guy that could make that move gets fed Cream of Wheat for lunch with a bib and a dribble cup. I'm just so damn furious right now. When your team quits at home against a division opponent (I don't dare say "rival") that reflects on the coach very badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X