PDA

View Full Version : 12 years of being NE's *****....

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 08:17 AM
When does it end?

2-19 against them in the last 21 games, with most of those losses being blowouts and several being comebacks by NE, including perhaps the 2nd most embarrassing regular season loss of all time (behind the Dallas game).

Yesterday, we had them on the ropes. We had a chance to go 3-1 and knock them down to 1-3. They had their best OL, their best TE and a key WR injured. And we even had a 14 point lead. It could have been a true "changing of the guard" moment.

WTF happened? Where were all of our supposed "star" players? Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus were non-factors. Gilmore had some nice plays in pass D but also got bowled over for a TD. Both of our "star" running backs lost fumbles. Our "star" WR- Stevie Johnson- did next to nothing.

And let's not forget Fitz. 4 INT's. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the one that was tipped but the other 3 were clearly his fault.

We have 4 1st round picks playing on D in Dareus, Mario Williams, Gilmore and McKelvin, plus 2nd round picks Byrd and A Williams. We have 3 key free agents on D in M Williams, Barnett and M Anderson. On O, we have arguably the best RB duo in the league, a "star" receiver who just received a big contract extension and a QB on a middle of the pack (by NFL standards) contract, and an OL that doesn't look like much on paper but has been great on the field.

And yet, we still can't win. Hell, forget winning- we still can't even make the game competitive. Adversity had hit NE, faced with the first 3 game losing streak in over a decade, and they responded by kicking us in the nuts. Contrast that with the Bills: Last week against Cleveland, we were whooping their asses until Spiller got hurt, then it was a different game in which the Browns almost came back. But, it was the Browns so we escaped with the win. This week, as soon as Spiller fumbled at the goal line, NE ripped off 5 unanswered touchdowns. FIVE.

"Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills."

Yeah right. Nobody collapses and dies like the Buffalo Bills. They responded to adversity with a spectacular performance and we responded with pure incompetence, especially in the run D.

Remember a few years ago when we could say "Well, at least we're not Cleveland/Detroit/Cincy/Arizona?" Well, now we don't even have that going for us. ****.

Historian
10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
"Preseason doesn't matter...."

coastal
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
At least we're relevant with the national media.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM
There was a point after Brady ran for the TD where they showed him sitting next to Welker on the bench, and he turned to the crowd and yelled "****** *****es!" Then he and Welker cracked up. You could read his lips, that is exactly what he said. That sums it up right there. Brady knows who his ***** is.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
There was a point after Brady ran for the TD where they showed him sitting next to Welker on the bench, and he turned to the crowd and yelled "****** *****es!" Then he and Welker cracked up. You could read his lips, that is exactly what he said. That sums it up right there. Brady knows who his ***** is.

If Ralph Wilson is still alive when Brady retires, Brady should buy him a ****ing Bentley. All these games against Buffalo have definitely padded his stats.

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
thats what coaching can do.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Cheering for this team is becoming tiresome.

I've been going to games for ten years, and although it's been a lot of fun, it's just not worth the time and effort anymore.

I didn't even watch the game. I knew what was going to happen before it started. I'm in a football pool with my buddy and last week he told me that we should take Buffalo because they're looking good. I laughed at him and checked off the NE box.

I'm not "jumping ship" from this team and never will, but the longer this goes on, the less I'm interested in spending time and money on them.

I spent my Sunday ripping down my Brother-in-law's porch ceiling and getting old insulation in every orifice. It was more enjoyable than watching the game.

gebobs
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM
"Preseason doesn't matter...."
Thank god. When does preseason end?