PDA

View Full Version : K.Williams: "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

kingJofNYC
10-01-2012, 08:43 AM
"The most discouraging thing about it is they literally ran maybe three running plays," Williams said. "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

"They have what's called a linebacker trap," Williams said. "They'll block back on the nose [Marcell Dareus]. They'll double the 3 [Williams], and pull the guy around. And they ran what's called a kick play. Double the two inside guys and run the ball to the perimeter, either cut back in or back out. I might have gotten three or four different run blocks all game. [They ran] a few stretch plays. ... It was disappointing how we handled that."
too funny. We tried to adjust according to him but still couldn't do it.

Just have to laugh.

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120930/SPORTS/120939924/1004

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
thats because other than Scott, our lb'ers blow. To think that Wanny was the position coach last year.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Wanny is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen to make in game adjustments.

I warned everyone on the range that Wanny is a bad DC and no one wanted to listen.

He runs a vanilla scheme with no adjustments and lets his players do their thing.

He's stuck in the 90's and early 2000's when he had pro bowlers on every level of the defense.

Novacane
10-01-2012, 08:48 AM

I warned everyone on the range that Wanny is a bad DC and no one wanted to listen.

He runs a vanilla scheme with no adjustments and lets his players do their thing.

He's stuck in the 90's and early 2000's when he had pro bowlers on every level of the defense.

Don't say no one! A lot of us were disgusted with that hire! How he has the D playing doesn't surprise me on bit.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Chan and Wanny should be humiliated by this.

And they better figure something out because you know damn well that SF is watching that tape today. And every one of our opponents for the rest of the season will be watching it too.

gebobs
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I listened. I believed you then and I knew it last year. Wannstadt was running the show then and they sucked.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
It was obvious they were targeting Anderson the entire day. They ran right at him and K.Williams.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I listened. I believed you then and I knew it last year. Wannstadt was running the show then and they sucked.
No you're just a bad fan that is always pessimistic (and right)!!!!

When every Dolphin and Pitt fan is laughing at Wanny as our DC and telling you exactly what D he's going to run, then some people should pay attention.

He is running the EXACT D that Fin said he would and now people are pissed.

EDS
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Chan and the Stache were state of the art . . . 20 years ago.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Chan and the Stache were state of the art . . . 20 years ago.
I have no problem with Chan's scheme. He puts points up on the board with some pretty lackluster talent.

Some of his decisions and player evaluation is questionable, but scheme wise, he's still way ahead of the curve IMO.

Wanny is pure ****. I've been saying this over and over again.

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 09:05 AM
There was nothing wrong with the scheme. The players quit on the field. That's a lack of heart issue, not a coaching issue. JMO

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2012, 09:06 AM
There was nothing wrong with the scheme. The players quit on the field. That's a lack of heart issue, not a coaching issue. JMO

if the coaching wasn't subpar, they wouldn't let the players quit. looks like the inmates running the asylum

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Scheme had a huge part. We had no answer .

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
if the coaching wasn't subpar, they wouldn't let the players quit. looks like the inmates running the asylum In that same breath, if the QB wasn't subpar, the receivers actually knew how to run proper routes, if the running backs knew how to hold on to the football, the linebackers knew how to tackle properly, the defensive backs didn't suck, we might actually beat the Patriots one day.

Bills Juggernaut
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Guys, we had one true linebacker on the field all ***** day. Re-watch the game. The were killing us with the run because we had Scott in thier as a LB all the way until the end of the 4th, when Wanny finally adjusted and put in Shepard and Moats to stop the run. Scott was getting eaten up and was way to small to shed the blocking and make a play. I was screaming at the TV to get him off the field and put a true LB. Wanny didn't make the adjustment until the game was over.

In a way it was just like the Jets game where we were playing soft coverage and getting killed on the short timing routes. Wanny didn't start playing press until after the game was basically over.

Wow, I didn't actually think he could be that bad.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I think its time to start bringing Bradham along. He has the speed to match up with TEs and is phyical as well. Moats is not good in coverage and Scott is too small to defend the run. We need to match 2 TE sets with a base 4-3 not with a nickel.

Historian
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
The most discouraging thing about it is they literally ran maybe three running plays," Williams said. "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

I know it sounds cliche, but Howie Long said the same thing about the Bills after one of the Raiders playoff losses here.

Essentially, he said the Bills had four run plays: Thurman right, Thurman left, Thurman right, then counter left, and Thurman left, then counter right.

The moral of the story is...just execute.

:idunno:

superbills
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Guys, we had one true linebacker on the field all ***** day. Re-watch the game. The were killing us with the run because we had Scott in thier as a LB all the way until the end of the 4th, when Wanny finally adjusted and put in Shepard and Moats to stop the run. Scott was getting eaten up and was way to small to shed the blocking and make a play. I was screaming at the TV to get him off the field and put a true LB. Wanny didn't make the adjustment until the game was over.

In a way it was just like the Jets game where we were playing soft coverage and getting killed on the short timing routes. Wanny didn't start playing press until after the game was basically over.

Exactly! I lost count of how many plays Brady screamed "forty three is the Mike!"...IMO, if forty three is the Mike on that many plays, we have major issues.

Mouldsie
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't Chan be able to come to the correct conclusion in assessing his D by the very fact that he could quickly design an offense to beat it?

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
It wasn't hard to see that, our scheme makes us vulnerable. Any time you take two of your 11 players out of the play voluntairly you leave yourself exposed to massive running lanes.

don137
10-01-2012, 12:15 PM
As Marv Levy said "the mark of a good football team is when the other team knows what you are going to do but still cannot stop you." that was yesterday in a nutshell.

trapezeus
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Chan and Wanny should be humiliated by this.

And they better figure something out because you know damn well that SF is watching that tape today. And every one of our opponents for the rest of the season will be watching it too.

i doubt it. i think they'll see the bills on the roster and then be like 52 points to a team with no offensive line and no running backs? I think we can all take a nap on tuesday's film day and just kind of show up and run the 3 plays we had on friday and put up at least 24 points.

It's always nice to give a bunch of teams a few extra bye weeks during the season. I mean, some teams are actually competing to win a superbowl.

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM

I watched CIN@JAX on Sunday. Poz played a decent game. 8 solos, 3 assists, came back to where the ball was. He's a pretty good NFL starting pro; his last season with BUF was certainly a good one. But he got a dose of the "London Fletcher" treatment by the "fans". And away he went... :mybills:

The last buffalo fan
10-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm a ****ing regular fan and always knew the following Patriots play. If it is the coaches, or the players, I don't give a ****, they embarrassed themselves, the city of Buffalo and us. That's it.

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I actually found it very interesting that they started almost every single scoring drive with an out pattern completion to Welker to Brady's left. Every single drive, same play, same exact yardage

RedEyE
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I mean why not blitz Brady? I know Brady is one of the best beating the blitz but how much worse could it have actually been? You never know one massive knock putting him on his back might have been enough to rattle his cage the rest of the game. I kept yelling at the TV "Get that guy!! Where's the pressure! Somebody put Brady on his ass!!".

It was one of the most pathetic showings of a Bills defense in recent years.

Turf
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
There's no one on fire at any level of this club. Owner, GM, Coach, nothing. They're just a bunch of good ole boys getting their checks. Hell, most everyone on here could call a better game plan and saw the obvious glaring holes in the defense in the 2nd half. BUT NOT OUR CRACK COACHING STAFF!!
Gailey said when asked about playing Spiller, he just goes by what the trainer says. Really? Seriously? You didn't say hey CJ, think you can take a shot in the shoulder going up the middle on a goal line play? Hell no, trainer said he was ready, so I used him as usual. ****ing moronic. Reeks of amatuerish unpreparedness.
Gailey says we lost becuase we got our asses kicked. No, you lost becuase your defensive coordinator stayed in the nickle and made no adjustments. If that dumb **** ran a nuclear plant, he'd let the thing melt down before deciding to go for the cooling water.
Just unbeleivable that any of us has to go throught this **** with this team year after year.

BuffaloWingEater
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
It was obvious they were targeting Anderson the entire day. They ran right at him and K.Williams.

you would think they would put Mario on that side and see what would happen

YardRat
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
We've heard this before, it's a startling case of deja' vu...was it under Gailey also, or was that the Jauron era?

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I mean why not blitz Brady? I know Brady is one of the best beating the blitz but how much worse could it have actually been? You never know one massive knock putting him on his back might have been enough to rattle his cage the rest of the game. I kept yelling at the TV "Get that guy!! Where's the pressure! Somebody put Brady on his ass!!".

Because blitzing isn't part of the scheme. Do you know what happens when you violate the scheme? The sun goes dark, mountains crumble, the earth opens up, the sea boils and the anti-Christ returns to reign over 1000 years of darkness and suffering.

TedMock
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday. New England blitzed plenty and they also have a pretty darn talented D-line. You can't just rely on the same thing every down. Stache is driving me crazy with the lack of creativity. As far as just how each individual played - the LB's were the biggest culprits on defense.

Offensively, the right calls were made. Several times they just flat out were not executed. Two of Fitz's interceptions were grossly underthrown to WIDE OPEN WR's and should have been TD's. No just on offense, but overall, Fitz has been the biggest problem to date.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
This wasn't hard to see. Anybody that has even watch pony league football could've seen this much and we still couldn't even stop it. It's time to wake up to the fact that this team is junk and is closer to the 2nd half team of last year then we are the 1st half team. We can beat bad teams but when we play a decent team or a divisional opponent we get exposed almost everytime.