X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

K.Williams: "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

"The most discouraging thing about it is they literally ran maybe three running plays," Williams said. "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

"They have what's called a linebacker trap," Williams said. "They'll block back on the nose [Marcell Dareus]. They'll double the 3 [Williams], and pull the guy around. And they ran what's called a kick play. Double the two inside guys and run the ball to the perimeter, either cut back in or back out. I might have gotten three or four different run blocks all game. [They ran] a few stretch plays. ... It was disappointing how we handled that."

too funny. We tried to adjust according to him but still couldn't do it.

Just have to laugh.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: K.Williams: "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

thats because other than Scott, our lb'ers blow. To think that Wanny was the position coach last year.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

Wanny is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen to make in game adjustments.

I warned everyone on the range that Wanny is a bad DC and no one wanted to listen.

He runs a vanilla scheme with no adjustments and lets his players do their thing.

He's stuck in the 90's and early 2000's when he had pro bowlers on every level of the defense.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post

I warned everyone on the range that Wanny is a bad DC and no one wanted to listen.

He runs a vanilla scheme with no adjustments and lets his players do their thing.

He's stuck in the 90's and early 2000's when he had pro bowlers on every level of the defense.

Don't say no one! A lot of us were disgusted with that hire! How he has the D playing doesn't surprise me on bit.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Chan and Wanny should be humiliated by this.

And they better figure something out because you know damn well that SF is watching that tape today. And every one of our opponents for the rest of the season will be watching it too.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

I listened. I believed you then and I knew it last year. Wannstadt was running the show then and they sucked.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

It was obvious they were targeting Anderson the entire day. They ran right at him and K.Williams.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                I listened. I believed you then and I knew it last year. Wannstadt was running the show then and they sucked.
                No you're just a bad fan that is always pessimistic (and right)!!!!

When every Dolphin and Pitt fan is laughing at Wanny as our DC and telling you exactly what D he's going to run, then some people should pay attention.

He is running the EXACT D that Fin said he would and now people are pissed.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Chan and the Stache were state of the art . . . 20 years ago.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                    Chan and the Stache were state of the art . . . 20 years ago.
                    I have no problem with Chan's scheme. He puts points up on the board with some pretty lackluster talent.

Some of his decisions and player evaluation is questionable, but scheme wise, he's still way ahead of the curve IMO.

Wanny is pure ****. I've been saying this over and over again.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

There was nothing wrong with the scheme. The players quit on the field. That's a lack of heart issue, not a coaching issue. JMO

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                        There was nothing wrong with the scheme. The players quit on the field. That's a lack of heart issue, not a coaching issue. JMO

if the coaching wasn't subpar, they wouldn't let the players quit. looks like the inmates running the asylum
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                          Scheme had a huge part. We had no answer .
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                            if the coaching wasn't subpar, they wouldn't let the players quit. looks like the inmates running the asylum
                            In that same breath, if the QB wasn't subpar, the receivers actually knew how to run proper routes, if the running backs knew how to hold on to the football, the linebackers knew how to tackle properly, the defensive backs didn't suck, we might actually beat the Patriots one day.

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                              • Aug 2006

Guys, we had one true linebacker on the field all ***** day. Re-watch the game. The were killing us with the run because we had Scott in thier as a LB all the way until the end of the 4th, when Wanny finally adjusted and put in Shepard and Moats to stop the run. Scott was getting eaten up and was way to small to shed the blocking and make a play. I was screaming at the TV to get him off the field and put a true LB. Wanny didn't make the adjustment until the game was over.

In a way it was just like the Jets game where we were playing soft coverage and getting killed on the short timing routes. Wanny didn't start playing press until after the game was basically over.

Wow, I didn't actually think he could be that bad.
                              The One and Only

Comment

Working...
                              X