X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Things I hate about Gailey

His offense is based on what the D gives him rather than being able to impose his will on defenses. He doesn't run an offense that can run even when teams try to stop the run. He doesn't have a system that can throw at will when teams try to stop them.

The gameplan against Fitz is very simple, stop the run and dare Fitz to throw deep.Put the game on his shoulders. He'll occasionally get his throws in but eventually he'll make his mistakes.

Tavaris JAckson is not ready according to Chan. Are you kidding me? He's a vet . Tannehill threw for 421 yards against a good D. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE OTHER ROOKIES WHO ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN FITZ? Even if Jackson is not ready I'm almost sure he could have made those underthrown passes Fitz threw. Stop overthinking things.

Chan is becoming arrogant when he says his players are better than most people give them credit for.

The Pats have learned from the last few years that even if they can throw at will if they have to, they can be beat without a running game. Now that they got McDaniels back, they are learning to run the ball and it's going to make them even more dangerous once they get better at it.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: Things I hate about Gailey

He's a garbage coach that probably came cheap.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

He needs to shave...he looks almost as old as Wilson with that beard.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Stubborn and refuses to see a hole in the ship, when it's already 25 feet under the surface..
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

I think Gailey is an offensive genius to be honest. He gets the best out of street FAs and low draft picks and has shown that his offenses can score points.

Fitz is a 7th rounder as is Johnson, Jones undrafted, Nelson undrafted, TJ is a 3rd rounder, Jackson is undrafted. We took Pears and Urbik off unemployment. And Chandler as well who has become a threat to any defense.

Gailey is doing a great job, Fitz has had some struggles with INTs and the defense has been good only against weak QBs. With a better defense and less turnovers at key moments Gailey would be seen as a genius right now.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
            I think Gailey is an offensive genius to be honest. He gets the best out of street FAs and low draft picks and has shown that his offenses can score points.

Fitz is a 7th rounder as is Johnson, Jones undrafted, Nelson undrafted, TJ is a 3rd rounder, Jackson is undrafted. We took Pears and Urbik off unemployment. And Chandler as well who has become a threat to any defense.

Gailey is doing a great job, Fitz has had some struggles with INTs and the defense has been good only against weak QBs. With a better defense and less turnovers at key moments Gailey would be seen as a genius right now.
            Well then, we have a good OC as a HC. This explains everything.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I think Chan is a good X & O guys but is not a great motivator like Jauron was. Jauron was clueless and his philosophy sucks but he could get his layers to play hard for him.

Chan thinks he can win with his scheme with a qb who has limitations.

NIx better find Gailey a franchise qb.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-01-2012, 10:18 AM.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

Saying Fitz has some trouble with Ints is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer had an eating disorder. It is a critical flaw. It isn't even just the ints, it is the inaccurate passes that mean lost opportunities. QBs need to be consistently accurate, Fitz is not. Yeah, he can make some good throws, but can he make it when you really need one?

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  I think Chan is a good X & O guys but is not a great motivator like Jauron was. Jauron was clueless and his philosophy sucks but he could get his layers to play hard for him.

I hate to say it cause I like Fitz but a kid like Ponder would be a star in Gailey's offense.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

gailey's plays were designed well. fitz just didn't deliver. There were a number of 3rd down passes that just sailed over receivers heads. We need a consistent QB.

When we recovered that fumble with 2:15 to go, first play was a pass. Chandler is open, Fitz makes a bad throw. Then a second down and throw again. Third down to b smith was behind him but caught for a first down. You make some of these throws a little better, then you are still driving. when it was 21-21, he was running the ball. fred dropped it. The players have to execute.

The D was poorly coached as they changed up nothing.

I agree, time is now for T Jackson, and you couldn't say it better. he's a vet. this is precisely why you brought him in.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

His offense is based on what the D gives him rather than being able to impose his will on defenses. He doesn't run an offense that can run even when teams try to stop the run. He doesn't have a system that can throw at will when teams try to stop them.

The gameplan against Fitz is very simple, stop the run and dare Fitz to throw deep.Put the game on his shoulders. He'll occasionally get his throws in but eventually he'll make his mistakes.

Tavaris JAckson is not ready according to Chan. Are you kidding me? He's a vet . Tannehill threw for 421 yards against a good D. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE OTHER ROOKIES WHO ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN FITZ? Even if Jackson is not ready I'm almost sure he could have made those underthrown passes Fitz threw. Stop overthinking things.

Chan is becoming arrogant when he says his players are better than most people give them credit for.

The Pats have learned from the last few years that even if they can throw at will if they have to, they can be beat without a running game. Now that they got McDaniels back, they are learning to run the ball and it's going to make them even more dangerous once they get better at it.
                      The bolded is what has always cost him his job. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room at all times, even when things aren't working. A refusal to adapt/change will be his undoing.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Another 3 or 4 pick game against San Fran and Fitz likely is poor against Arizona, and Fitz is done.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Fully agree.

We went from a defensive minded guy who got more out of his players than what was there to an offensive minded guy who can only get what the players actually have. At time he doesn't even get that as witnessed by the team basically quitting yesterday.

Neither guy is good enough to be a HC at this level but both would work well as coordinators on their respective side of the ball.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                            Fully agree.
                            Say What???

JK

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                            We went from a defensive minded guy who got more out of his players than what was there to an offensive minded guy who can only get what the players actually have. At time he doesn't even get that as witnessed by the team basically quitting yesterday.

Neither guy is good enough to be a HC at this level but both would work well as coordinators on their respective side of the ball.
                            Actually I think they're the same to a degree. Gailey got a lot out of guys like David Nelson who went undrafted and made Fitz better than he was before . But Fitz is still not good enough. He has his limitations.

Shanahan was called arrogant for drafting Maurice Clarret in the 3rd round and thinking anyone can run in his scheme . Needless to say he got fired eventually.

NIX better find a qb and shove him down Chans throat.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Gailey is not doing a great job by any measure. Bill Belichick is doing a great job with 6th rounder Tom Brady and street free agents like Wes Welker, Brandon Boldin, Dan Connelly, Donald Thomas, etc. With a better defense BB would have 5 or more Super Bowl rings. That is a great job.

There is nothing great about producing mediocre and poor results.

Comment

Working...
                              X