PDA

View Full Version : Things I hate about Gailey

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
His offense is based on what the D gives him rather than being able to impose his will on defenses. He doesn't run an offense that can run even when teams try to stop the run. He doesn't have a system that can throw at will when teams try to stop them.

The gameplan against Fitz is very simple, stop the run and dare Fitz to throw deep.Put the game on his shoulders. He'll occasionally get his throws in but eventually he'll make his mistakes.

Tavaris JAckson is not ready according to Chan. Are you kidding me? He's a vet . Tannehill threw for 421 yards against a good D. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE OTHER ROOKIES WHO ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN FITZ? Even if Jackson is not ready I'm almost sure he could have made those underthrown passes Fitz threw. Stop overthinking things.

Chan is becoming arrogant when he says his players are better than most people give them credit for.

The Pats have learned from the last few years that even if they can throw at will if they have to, they can be beat without a running game. Now that they got McDaniels back, they are learning to run the ball and it's going to make them even more dangerous once they get better at it.

Bangarang
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
He's a garbage coach that probably came cheap.

Historian
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
He needs to shave...he looks almost as old as Wilson with that beard.

Night Train
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Stubborn and refuses to see a hole in the ship, when it's already 25 feet under the surface..

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I think Gailey is an offensive genius to be honest. He gets the best out of street FAs and low draft picks and has shown that his offenses can score points.

Fitz is a 7th rounder as is Johnson, Jones undrafted, Nelson undrafted, TJ is a 3rd rounder, Jackson is undrafted. We took Pears and Urbik off unemployment. And Chandler as well who has become a threat to any defense.

Gailey is doing a great job, Fitz has had some struggles with INTs and the defense has been good only against weak QBs. With a better defense and less turnovers at key moments Gailey would be seen as a genius right now.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I think Gailey is an offensive genius to be honest. He gets the best out of street FAs and low draft picks and has shown that his offenses can score points.

Fitz is a 7th rounder as is Johnson, Jones undrafted, Nelson undrafted, TJ is a 3rd rounder, Jackson is undrafted. We took Pears and Urbik off unemployment. And Chandler as well who has become a threat to any defense.

Gailey is doing a great job, Fitz has had some struggles with INTs and the defense has been good only against weak QBs. With a better defense and less turnovers at key moments Gailey would be seen as a genius right now.

Well then, we have a good OC as a HC. This explains everything.

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM

I think Chan is a good X & O guys but is not a great motivator like Jauron was. Jauron was clueless and his philosophy sucks but he could get his layers to play hard for him.

Chan thinks he can win with his scheme with a qb who has limitations.

NIx better find Gailey a franchise qb.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Saying Fitz has some trouble with Ints is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer had an eating disorder. It is a critical flaw. It isn't even just the ints, it is the inaccurate passes that mean lost opportunities. QBs need to be consistently accurate, Fitz is not. Yeah, he can make some good throws, but can he make it when you really need one?

Mahdi
10-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I think Chan is a good X & O guys but is not a great motivator like Jauron was. Jauron was clueless and his philosophy sucks but he could get his layers to play hard for him.

I hate to say it cause I like Fitz but a kid like Ponder would be a star in Gailey's offense.

trapezeus
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
gailey's plays were designed well. fitz just didn't deliver. There were a number of 3rd down passes that just sailed over receivers heads. We need a consistent QB.

When we recovered that fumble with 2:15 to go, first play was a pass. Chandler is open, Fitz makes a bad throw. Then a second down and throw again. Third down to b smith was behind him but caught for a first down. You make some of these throws a little better, then you are still driving. when it was 21-21, he was running the ball. fred dropped it. The players have to execute.

The D was poorly coached as they changed up nothing.

I agree, time is now for T Jackson, and you couldn't say it better. he's a vet. this is precisely why you brought him in.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
His offense is based on what the D gives him rather than being able to impose his will on defenses. He doesn't run an offense that can run even when teams try to stop the run. He doesn't have a system that can throw at will when teams try to stop them.

The gameplan against Fitz is very simple, stop the run and dare Fitz to throw deep.Put the game on his shoulders. He'll occasionally get his throws in but eventually he'll make his mistakes.

Tavaris JAckson is not ready according to Chan. Are you kidding me? He's a vet . Tannehill threw for 421 yards against a good D. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE OTHER ROOKIES WHO ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN FITZ? Even if Jackson is not ready I'm almost sure he could have made those underthrown passes Fitz threw. Stop overthinking things.

Chan is becoming arrogant when he says his players are better than most people give them credit for.

The Pats have learned from the last few years that even if they can throw at will if they have to, they can be beat without a running game. Now that they got McDaniels back, they are learning to run the ball and it's going to make them even more dangerous once they get better at it.

The bolded is what has always cost him his job. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room at all times, even when things aren't working. A refusal to adapt/change will be his undoing.

PTI
10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Another 3 or 4 pick game against San Fran and Fitz likely is poor against Arizona, and Fitz is done.

Mr. Pink
10-01-2012, 11:42 AM

Fully agree.

We went from a defensive minded guy who got more out of his players than what was there to an offensive minded guy who can only get what the players actually have. At time he doesn't even get that as witnessed by the team basically quitting yesterday.

Neither guy is good enough to be a HC at this level but both would work well as coordinators on their respective side of the ball.

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Fully agree. :jawdrop: Say What???

JK

We went from a defensive minded guy who got more out of his players than what was there to an offensive minded guy who can only get what the players actually have. At time he doesn't even get that as witnessed by the team basically quitting yesterday.

Neither guy is good enough to be a HC at this level but both would work well as coordinators on their respective side of the ball.

Actually I think they're the same to a degree. Gailey got a lot out of guys like David Nelson who went undrafted and made Fitz better than he was before . But Fitz is still not good enough. He has his limitations.

Shanahan was called arrogant for drafting Maurice Clarret in the 3rd round and thinking anyone can run in his scheme . Needless to say he got fired eventually.

NIX better find a qb and shove him down Chans throat.

EDS
10-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Gailey is not doing a great job by any measure. Bill Belichick is doing a great job with 6th rounder Tom Brady and street free agents like Wes Welker, Brandon Boldin, Dan Connelly, Donald Thomas, etc. With a better defense BB would have 5 or more Super Bowl rings. That is a great job.

There is nothing great about producing mediocre and poor results.

Historian
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I think he's Hank Bullough without the malapropisms....

trapezeus
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
i'd take hank back. at least he got us into the basement to get bruce.

Luisito23
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Please look at Chan's record since he's been here, and especially his pathetic division record, and tell me he's actually doing a "great" job...The guy should've, and would've been fired last year if this was a competent franchise. Fortunate for him though, we're so far from being competent that he'll probably be here next year as well.

PTI
10-01-2012, 12:32 PM

I know, really. Bills are a cheap suit, a weak bully, they pound teams worse then them and cannot compete with better and more physical teams, and the truly hurtful thing in watching them is they constantly look outcoached and show little real emotion too.

RedEyE
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I like Gailey's offense and to be honest with you if Fitz had a slightly stronger arm this offense is a force to be reckoned with. The verdict is out on Wanny, however. All of that talent and hardly one stinking pressure.

BuffaloWingEater
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't understand why chan had spiller run at the goal line with a busted shoulder. give it to choice or the fb if you don't trust either of them.

kingJofNYC
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Taking what the defense give you isn't really a bad strategy, just ask the Pats! We gave them the run, they obliged and did what they never do.

Bottom line, Gailey's a bad HC, probably a good OC and that's about it. Don't think he motivates anyone, as has already been mentioned. And he's loyal/stubborn to a fault. These are not WRs you can win with, you can only scheme so much. Still haven't made a significant upgrade at the WR position in his 3 years here. Nuff said.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Taking what the defense give you isn't really a bad strategy, just ask the Pats! We gave them the run, they obliged and did what they never do.

I don't think they "did what they never do". Maybe in past years, but they run the ball a lot this year. The Pats are tied for 2nd in the NFL in rushing attempts with 137 rushes (tied with Seattle, 11 less than Houston). They may still pass the ball more than they run it, but they run it a lot. I don't think that is a fluke, it is something they are doing because teams are not respecting the run and trying to tee off on Brady. The Bills really should have been more prepared for it.

kingJofNYC
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think they "did what they never do". Maybe in past years, but they run the ball a lot this year. The Pats are tied for 2nd in the NFL in rushing attempts with 137 rushes (tied with Seattle, 11 less than Houston). They may still pass the ball more than they run it, but they run it a lot. I don't think that is a fluke, it is something they are doing because teams are not respecting the run and trying to tee off on Brady. The Bills really should have been more prepared for it.

You're right, they have been more run focused this year because of OL issues, not having receivers outside of Welker, and their strength at TE. But we still gave them the run even though we knew they'd run more. Frankly, they were scared to death of Gronk against any of our LBs.

It's funny, Kyle Williams and Brady both referenced the Pats taking what was given in their post game pressers. Pats could have taken whatever they wanted with the way that unit has played this year. It did seem strange that they tended to go away from the run in the second quarter, or maybe it just felt that way, should probably look at the running attempts per quarter. They got back to it in the second half. Welker and the run, bread and butter. Still can't believe they left Rogers on their best receiver.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
It did seem strange that they tended to go away from the run in the second quarter, or maybe it just felt that way, should probably look at the running attempts per quarter. They got back to it in the second half. Welker and the run, bread and butter. Still can't believe they left Rogers on their best receiver.

Gailey basically admitted today they don't know what to do with Welker. Meanwhile, in his last 3 games against them he has 31 catches for 397 yards (12.8 YPR), 2 TD. That is a pace for 165 catches, 2,117 yards and 11 TD over a full season. If they are inviting them to run, shouldn't they be able to hold Welker under world-record production?

Think about that. Other teams play coverage on the Pats, and they bracket Welker with a guy underneath and a safety up top. Bills can't seem to figure that out. So they play coverage, invite them to run and get lit up in the run game, and they still can't keep Welker and Gronkowski from having big days. That is just sad.

kingJofNYC
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Gailey basically admitted today they don't know what to do with Welker. Meanwhile, in his last 3 games against them he has 31 catches for 397 yards (12.8 YPR), 2 TD. That is a pace for 165 catches, 2,117 yards and 11 TD over a full season. If they are inviting them to run, shouldn't they be able to hold Welker under world-record production?

Think about that. Other teams play coverage on the Pats, and they bracket Welker with a guy underneath and a safety up top. Bills can't seem to figure that out. So they play coverage, invite them to run and get lit up in the run game, and they still can't keep Welker and Gronkowski from having big days. That is just sad.

Spot on. Would expect them to run some inside/outside stuff, but it's the same old ****. They just play him man to man and they expect **** to change, definition of crazy, especially when you put Rogers on him.

You took Williams in the 2nd, he's long and physical, or so they say, but he's sitting out there with Branch doing **** all. I'd rather put Rogers outside in that situation. Whatever, they're ****ing lost, that much is clear.

justasportsfan
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM

I agree to a certain extent but but the better teams are able to dictate and push their will against other teams. That was what was done to us both in the jets game and pats game. The jets dictated to us how it was going to be from start to finish and after the PAts made adjustments in the 2nd half, they dictated to us , as well.

The Pats dictated to the bills that they were going to stop the run and force Fitz to go deep. Fitz had his moments but we all knew he was bound to commit mistakes.

kingJofNYC
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Teams just push us around on both sides of the ball, we're the kid the bullies picked on during recess. What a sad state.

kishoph
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Gailey is not doing a great job by any measure. Bill Belichick is doing a great job with 6th rounder Tom Brady and street free agents like Wes Welker, Brandon Boldin, Dan Connelly, Donald Thomas, etc. With a better defense BB would have 5 or more Super Bowl rings. That is a great job.

There is nothing great about producing mediocre and poor results.

You say that Belichick is doing a great job with players like Brandon Boldin, Dan Connelly and Donald Thomas, yet ignore the job Gailey has done with players like Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Scott Chandler, etc. Also of those 3, Connelly is the only one that has contributed, other than yesterday. As far as Brady goes, someone like that doesn't come around often.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM

They know what to do with Welker. They put Justin Rogers on him and watch him catch 7 yard out after 8 yard curl after 6 yard slant after....

EDS
10-01-2012, 04:30 PM
You say that Belichick is doing a great job with players like Brandon Boldin, Dan Connelly and Donald Thomas, yet ignore the job Gailey has done with players like Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Scott Chandler, etc. Also of those 3, Connelly is the only one that has contributed, other than yesterday. As far as Brady goes, someone like that doesn't come around often.

Bellichick WINS games. Gailey does not. Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams were two of the Bills 5 best players before Chan arrived. Every team and coaching staff has had a turd shine up for them - Bills have a long history of late draftees and undrafted free agents becoming important contributors (House Ballard, Jeff Wright, Jay Riemersma, Pat Williams, Jason Peters, Fred Jackson, Jabari Greer, George Wilson, Kurt Schultz, etc). So the fact that a few guys on the team have had decent stats for a season or two does not mean alot in the grand scheme of things.

The fact that Fitz hs been "coached up" to perform at a Matt Cassell/Kyle Orton/Shaun Hill level does not impress.

justasportsfan
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
last Sunday was exactly what I meant. Instead of dictating to the 9'ers , they dictated to us what we would run offensively. They shut down our running game and dared Fitz to throw. We don't have a running game that can dare the D to stop us.

Defensively, Wanny still hasn't shown to make gameday adjustments. Typical Wanny D. Plays well early and shuts down later. with all the talent on D, they just got manhandled. SOFT, SOFT,SOFT!

gebobs
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
the job Gailey has done with players like Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Scott Chandler, etc.
Scott Chandler??? LOL that slope headed twit is nothing special. Anyone that thinks so has been consumed by the culture of mediocrity that are the Buffalo Bills.

Jackson and Williams emerged in 2009 before Gailey so I have no idea what you're going on about here.

Stevie Johnson...only in Buffalo is he considered a superstar.

Bill Cody
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
In some ways the offense has been fine. We move the ball. We can pass it. We can run it. The problem is turnovers. Fitz isn't very accurate. That's not Gailey's fault. Tell me a team that could withstand Fitz's turnovers and win?

The defense has been awful. Our 100m man has been a big zero. We appear to be poorly coached on D and can't make adjustments. Our talent isn't as good as I thought it would be. Gailey is what I thought he would be...meh

Historian
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
The Niner game was one of those games that was like water: it was flowing in the Bills direction, until the levee burst.

We were in this game at the beginning. We were moving the ball, and even scored a ST TD that was called back.

The turnovers simply killed us, and once you're behind by 2 TDs, forget it, the run game goes out the window with these guys, and Fitz is forced to come from behind with his arm. Not gonna happen the way he's been playing. Not against a solid contender like San Fran.

Sad too, because I honestly felt that they would put forth their best effort after the debacle against New England.

gebobs
10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
In some ways the offense has been fine. We move the ball. We can pass it. We can run it.
What you say about the defense is spot on, but the offense has NOT been fine. Half of their touchdowns have come in garbage time.

Aside from the two series where they took a knee in SF, they only had one drive of over 60 yards, one drive with more than two first downs, one drive with more than 4 minutes of possession.

I don't understand how people can say this offense has been performing. They are awful. 12 touchdowns doesn't impress me when 5 were when we were down by 21 or more and one was when we were up by 17.

And please spare me the comparisons to the Jauron offenses. That bar is so low you'd have to dig 5 feet down just to jump over it.

gebobs
10-09-2012, 10:28 AM
The Niner game was one of those games that was like water: it was flowing in the Bills direction, until the levee burst.

We were in this game at the beginning. We were moving the ball, and even scored a ST TD that was called back.
Moving the ball? They had one drive in the first half that gained more than 20 yards. Bills drives in the first half: 3, 7, 75, 19, 4, -1.

Albany,n.y.
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Actually, that was Kay Stephenson. Bruce was already on the team when Hank was made HC.

kishoph
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Scott Chandler??? LOL that slope headed twit is nothing special. Anyone that thinks so has been consumed by the culture of mediocrity that are the Buffalo Bills.

Jackson and Williams emerged in 2009 before Gailey so I have no idea what you're going on about here.

No problem, I can admit I was wrong, I can live with that. One thing I'am curious about, is do you ever have anything to say without calling people names or insulting people. I feel sorry for you because you must have a real sad life. I wish you did live in Buffalo, because I would love to meet you, maybe I could help you.

I do find it funny how people always want to say that Chandler is nothing, yet he continues to produce.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 03:47 PM
The list is too long for stuff to hate about Gailey. It would be easier and shorter to list the things he does well and that you do like about Gailey.

gebobs
10-10-2012, 12:17 AM
No problem, I can admit I was wrong, I can live with that. One thing I'am curious about, is do you ever have anything to say without calling people names or insulting people.
You're concerned because I'm calling Chandler names? Mmmmmkay. I try not to insult other posters here and find it's bad form. But this is the first time I've ever heard anyone object to someone insulting one of the Bills. I mean really. I know I'm not the only one that calls Chan an idiot, Nix incompetent, and Wilson a muddling fool. If you don't want to listen to me blow off my frustration with these nincompoops (is that better), I must warn you I don't see it getting better any time soon.

OK...so maybe Chandler's not a twit. But slope-headed is no joke. Have you seen this guy without his helmet?

I feel sorry for you because you must have a real sad life.
Doing just fine, mate. Enjoy the Arizona game. I'll be in Sicily climbing Mongibello. I'm not trying to brag. I'm just really excited.

I do find it funny how people always want to say that Chandler is nothing, yet he continues to produce.
I never said he was nothing. I said he was nothing special. He's a dime-a-dozen tight end. He's having a fine year aside from that fumble. But that's mainly due to our quarterback fixating on the closest target. He's on pace for just under 700 yards. That would put him at 15th last year for tight ends.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2012, 01:18 AM

Seriously? Chandler has been one of the only bright spots each week except for last weeks fumble. You're crazy if you don't think Chandler is good.

gebobs
10-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Seriously? Chandler has been one of the only bright spots each week except for last weeks fumble. You're crazy if you don't think Chandler is good.
You say good. I say mediocre. Is there much difference? Like I said: nothing special.

I know Gronkowski plays with a real quarterback, but he is still head and shoulders above Chandler as are Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Jermichael Finley, etc., etc.

The point is: If Chandler and Johnson are evidence of what a good coach like Gailey can do developing players, I say big whup.