PDA

View Full Version : We came limping into the game yesterday with injured RBs.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I actually think that our RBs were incapable of handling the load yesterday, so Chan decided to shoulder Fitz with winning the game. I really had time to think about it & this makes too much sense, the RBs expectations versus protecting themselves. We should be healthier for San Fran, their team also have added a new fan I see.

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Uh...yeah. See the thread My Choice is Choice (and White) 09-28-2012 02:04 PM

gebobs
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Did Choice even get in the game?

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Did Choice even get in the game?

He got some playing time in the 4th quarter.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
They were both clearly not at 100%.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I know that Spiller and Freddy wanted nothing more than to help the team win, but sometimes sitting out is the best thing.

They clearly weren't helping the team by playing yesterday and Spiller's fumble changed the momentum of the game.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
They were both clearly not at 100%.

I feel that had a huge impact on us being able to keep the Pats offense off the field.

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I feel that had a huge impact on us being able to keep the Pats offense off the field.

After the fact... :handball:

mjt328
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
New England keyed their defense on stopping our run game. That was a big reason that Fitz had so much time to throw and had open receivers all day.

I doubt that happens without FJax and Spiller playing.

Injuries had nothing to do with their fumbles.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
New England keyed their defense on stopping our run game. That was a big reason that Fitz had so much time to throw and had open receivers all day.

I doubt that happens without FJax and Spiller playing.

Injuries had nothing to do with their fumbles.

CJ was jumping around versus running downhill, that tells me he wasn't hesitant & guarded. You can't run in the NFL like that, successfully. CJ is also way faster than FJ, he's just not as smart (yet).

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Even if they would've had a healthy Spiller and Jackson it wouldn't have mattered. When a team easily scores 6 TD's in a row against you there is now way you can use that as an excuse.

My thoughts were they should've sat them regardless since there wasn't much of a chance of us beating the Patriots yesterday and if they were still injured we would be better off with a healthy Tashard Choice instead. There was no reason to take the chance on losing them for longer. They definitely were not ready to carry the ball for us.