PDA

View Full Version : Chan is a clueless old man

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry but if it's not working, try something else. Watching your players get sodomized & saying what a shame is a shame. Get rid of these weak minded old men right now, POS:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/10/01/chan-no-answer-for-welker/

PTI
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
He is by far a worse HC then Jauron, Mularkey, Williams IMO.

Mr. Pink
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
We can't get rid of him because are afraid that no one else will come here.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
We can't get rid of him because are afraid that no one else will come here.

Can you blame them?

PTI
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Ready for something crazy, I would freaking hire some college HC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM

yea, even they say no. remember harbaugh..

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Chan Gailey - "Our team is embarrassing." Do something about it you worthless idiot coach.

Mr. Pink

I'd go into Canada and seriously try to lure Marc Trestman back to the NFL.

Love Kirk Ferentz but he's never leaving Iowa.

Bulldog

As would I. No established coach in their right mind is going to want to take over this train wreck of an organization. It's like an out of control ship with no captian. Who are the hot names in college coaching that would jump at an opportunity to turn around a horrible franchise?

Mr. Pink
yea, even they say no. remember harbaugh..

SF job vs Buffalo job...

Which would you take?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2012, 11:46 AM
SF job vs Buffalo job...

Which would you take?

i would coach the Chartiers Valley Colts (surburban Pittsburgh High school) vs the Bills job at this point.

Luisito23
10-01-2012, 11:46 AM
If we get rid of Chan, Wanny will be the new coach. Think about that for a second.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Love Kirk Ferentz but he's never leaving Iowa.

Trestman isn't a bad option.

I already said Id hire Jay Gruden to be HC and call Manny Diaz at Texas to be the DC.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
If we get rid of Chan, Wanny will be the new coach. Think about that for a second.

Oh man, I'd pray for a multi-year coma until that's over.

PTI
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I would take a chance on a guy like Mike Leach. He is at Washington State now. We would really not be looking at any major school, they pay just as much or more then the NFL head coaching jobs now. The coach at Northwestern is a young guy, Pat Fitzgerald, I would not mind him. Bills would really be looking at some mid major coaches.

Bangarang
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Chan took a 7-9 team and turned it into a 4-12 and 6-10 team.

Expiriment over.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Chan took a 7-9 team and turned it into a 4-12 and 6-10 team.

Expiriment over.

Grammatically horrible but great point.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I would take a chance on a guy like Mike Leach. He is at Washington State now. We would really not be looking at any major school, they pay just as much or more then the NFL head coaching jobs now. The coach at Northwestern is a young guy, Pat Fitzgerald, I would not mind him. Bills would really be looking at some mid major coaches.

The Pirate is a college only coach, his air raid system wouldn't work in the NFL. Patr Fitzgerald is never leaving Northwestern, ever.

Skooby
12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm sorry but if it's not working, try something else. Watching your players get sodomized & saying what a shame is a shame. Get rid of these weak minded old men right now, POS:

Does this still hold water or what?

gebobs
12-17-2012, 07:13 AM
What was the deal with the QB sneak? Was it really 1-10?

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 07:53 AM
gailey is done...but he did look capable first two years. this year is a disaster. i think organizationally he must be exhausted behind the scenes or else he is losing his mind.

i think it's says so much about the actual underlying organization.

for those who back russ and say he's just a marketer, then why couldn't he market the bills gig to coaches or GM's when they supposedly opened the wallet?

he is a nobody. he is in over his head and weilds too much power. and with the accountants, they pretend they know football, but they manage the numbers, hold players back, IR people who are fine, start people to seem like they aren't idiots. the week of polian's wall of fame honor, he was in buffalo doing the rounds at dinners. and someone asked him, "would you take the GM job if the bills offered?" and he said, "not if littman is still around."

So what do you think the organization does to capable people.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 08:06 AM
gailey is done...but he did look capable first two years.
I can only believe that this was a hopeful judgement of his capability. The actual results just don't support it.

2-10 in the division is not capable. 1-3 this year and probably 1-5 is right on par.

10-22 overall is not capable. 5-11 this year will be right on par.

28th and 30th in points allowed is not capable. 29th this year so far is right on par.

His boneheaded calls are not limited to this year.

Historian
12-17-2012, 08:07 AM
He's a coordinator, not a head coach.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 08:11 AM
I can only believe that this was a hopeful judgement of his capability. The actual results just don't support it.

2-10 in the division is not capable. 1-3 this year and probably 1-5 is right on par.

10-22 overall is not capable. 5-11 this year will be right on par.

28th and 30th in points allowed is not capable. 29th this year so far is right on par.

His boneheaded calls are not limited to this year.

just from his revival of the line play, the cutting down on penalties like holding and false starts and having an offense that could put up 24pts or more some what reliably.

i am aware the stats show he is worse than Jauron. but you knew jauron would slow bleed games he could win away. chan in the first season and early last season showed some innovative tendencies. i think last year and this year are just stark differences. i realize he blew the last 3/4 of season last year, but those first 5 games, they played somewhat intelligently.

now they just look like they gave up...i'm convinced that he isn't hte man for the job since he's failed to this extent elsewhere, but i really think his belief in fitz and inability to play spiller are things that aren't just in his control. a layman with limited knowledge of football would have seen in oct that spiller needed to be featured more. and its still not happening. i think this is the meddlesome penny pinchers doing their thing. and they've gotten more control as ralph got older. and the teams have gotten worse.

they can keep cleaning house by throwing out coaches, but the organization needs like a "restaurant impossible" kindo f make-over. it's a lot deeper than just a coach.

pmoon6
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Bring back Wade......and Polian.........oh wait.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 08:20 AM
He's a coordinator, not a head coach.
You give him far too much credit. He's a lousy coordinator too.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 08:25 AM
just from his revival of the line play, the cutting down on penalties like holding and false starts and having an offense
Didn't we set a franchise record for penalties in a game this year?

i am aware the stats show he is worse than Jauron. but you knew jauron would slow bleed games he could win away.
Chan is just as capable or more. If you look back, Chan has lost more 4th quarter leads than Jauron did and in fewer games to boot.

it's a lot deeper than just a coach.
Is it deeper than owner? That's my take.

To hell with anyone that objects, but I hope Ralph Wilson dies. I hope he dies today. I will not shed a single tear for that ginormous jackalope of an owner. I will dance on his grave and I know I won't be alone. That part will make The World's Largest Disco look like the Patty Duke Show at the malt shop.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
most penalties in a game was the patriots game and they were just throwing the flags because the worst team in the nfl during the last 12-13 years was keeping step for step with the biggest "genius" in the game.

Like i said, i know the stats point to jauron's "excellence". during first two years, i thought chan made me feel like he had a better chance to win than jauron ever did.

this year, he went full jauron. and maybe then some.

it's just hilarious to me that cam cameron would get fired from a winning team, and we have coaches that have allowed 50+ points twice, 45 or more another 2 times, a GM that can't draft from rounds 2-7, a qb who can't make all the passes on the passing tree, and we might have all 4 of them back because the bean counters keep signing idiots to long term contracts.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
I totally agree that Jauron was a fool. But I saw first hand here in Atlanta what we were getting into with Gailey. Gailey was worthless at GaTech. He couldn't even hack it in the ACC. I knew he was going to fail. Maybe if he was a younger man learning his way. But that certainly wasn't the case. Gailey is a dinosaur.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
we are saying essentially the same thing. i mean, i'm a homer when it comes to long term mistakes the bills make. when they trotted out buddy, i was heart broken. but you knew he was here for at least 3 years, so you had to get on board.

this time around, as an older guy and another 3 completely useless seasons, i'm not sure i can keep paying to fly back to buffalo to watch teams that don't care and don't have a chance.

i honestly can't remember a big game where it mattered and i thought, the bills could win this game.

JoeMama
12-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Chan looks like a tired, beaten old man at his pressers.

He even has a depressed man's beard to boot (like Losman in his final days as a Bill).

I think Chan should take his millions and walk away. Go enjoy retirement. No hard feelings.

justasportsfan
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Chan thinks he's smarter than the game. He thinks it takes time for anyone to learn a system(especially his) and then here comes a 3rd rd. rookie who rapes his anointed DC.

Whether we grab Geno Smith or not, as long as Chan is our coach , Fitz will be our qb.

justasportsfan
12-17-2012, 09:04 AM

In the NFL, as the 49ers OC , the led the league with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

As the Cardinals quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. Under Trestman's guidance, Raiders QB Rich Gannon won the 2002 NFL MVP award as the Raiders reached Super Bowl XXXVII, losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Granted it's the CFL, Trestman has a proven track record of having a top offense AS A HC. This means that he isn't over his head as the HC. Coordinators like Mularkey, Jauron, Greg Williams and now Chan aren't meant to be Head coaches.

Skooby
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM
How about the Chin ?? Throw a truckload of money at him, he's a known winner & has no personal baggage.

pmoon6
12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
How about the Chin ?? Throw a truckload of money at him, he's a known winner & has no personal baggage.No way Cowher comes to Buffalo or anywhere else for that matter.. Every year he is asked about this team or that team and coaching. Every year he says he is happy with the CBS gig and he has time for his family.

Being a head coach in the NFL is a 24/7 grind during the season and not much better when they're off. It takes a lot out of you and Cowher did it for along time. I also get the sense that he doesn't have a huge ego, which is what it would take to come out of retirement to resurrect the Buffalo Bills. Even Jimmy Johnson (he of huge ego) gave it up when he failed at replacing his second legendary coach and now enjoys fishing and his part time job.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Chan thinks he's smarter than the game. He thinks it takes time for anyone to learn a system(especially his) and then here comes a 3rd rd. rookie who rapes his anointed DC.

Whether we grab Geno Smith or not, as long as Chan is our coach , Fitz will be our qb.

part of me would survive with fitz next year as long as there is a young qb on the roster with upside. but if chan is here, fitz must be gone or else he'll stick with him...and if chan is gone, fitz can stay for another year.

i know there is no way the bean counters will allow for the bills to fire a coach under contract and a qb with a big cap hit in same year.

Cleve
12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
He thinks it takes time for anyone to learn a system

What is it with the mancrush between Blitzpatrick and Gailey? They even have matching BEARDS for cryin out loud! It's ridiculous. They both look like morons. And why hasn't Gailey figured out that Blitzpatrick is NOT the answer in the pocket - all the FANS and WRITERS pretty much figured that out 3 years ago.

"Learning the system" is a ridiculous excuse for Fitzpatrick. The guy could be there for 10 years, and still be throwing stinkburger games like yesterday (rating was 58, I believe) it's not a matter of education - it's a matter of TALENT - and Fitzpatrick does NOT have it!!! Why does the supposed COACH not recognize what is painfully obvious to anyone else???

The Bills could have had either Russell Wilson OR Colin Kaepernick - either man significantly, CLEARLY more talented than Fitzpatrick. And yet people are calling Nix a good GM?

But even IF you fire Gailey, who will replace him? There isn't a decent coach in league that would want to live with or work under, Wilson's doddering, senile, meddling, penny-pinching and mismanagement. It's the old 3 year cycle. Keep a mediocre, work cheap coach on the staff for 3 years, and then replace him with another cheap to hire, mediocre has-been who wouldn't even be a OC or DC on another team! And even if a good coach could somehow put up with Wilson and his 'senior moments', who would want to work for a team that has yet to declare any succession plan for after Wilson passes? This was a problem 3 1/2 years ago when the Bills were looking for a coach to replace Jauron - and the situation is only worse, not better - Wilson is approaching his mid 90s!!!

Only in Buffalo could such unfathomable ridiculousness exist!

BTW, I have officially given up on the Bills - starting this season. After 30 years, I switched allegiances. But it's still fun to comment on the ongoing train-wreck, especially now that the season is officially over and all hope is gone. This is what happens when a man in his mid 90s is making (incorrect) critical personnel decisions for a fast-paced, 21st century business that left him behind 2 or 3 decades ago.

justasportsfan
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
BTW, I have officially given up on the Bills - starting this season. After 30 years, I switched allegiances.

I now cheer for the Broncos since they were always my 2nd team but will never switch allegiances

SABURZFAN
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM

speaking of sodomizing, give your mom my regards. :hump:

gebobs
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Ah, you're into pegging. Whatever gets you off.

Skooby
12-17-2012, 09:46 PM

You're a sick man, like Mother like son.