PDA

View Full Version : Glenn and Urbik to miss at least 2-3 weeks

Ed
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Ugh. Both have ankle injuries and Chan expects both to miss at least a couple weeks. I'm guessing they'll miss the next 3 games so they can just rest them through the bye week. Hopefully no one else goes down because we don't have any decent depth left.

BuffaloWingEater
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Ugh. Both have ankle injuries and Chan expects both to miss at least a couple weeks. I'm guessing they'll miss the next 3 games so they can just rest them through the bye week. Hopefully no one else goes down because we don't have any decent depth left.

and so our injury and depth woes continue.

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
and so our injury and depth woes continue.

Not continued - just started.

Suiting up FJ and Spiller prematurely was dumb. The odds of squeaking one past the NE club was iffy.

BUF skated through the preseason, and by and large through the 1st two regular season games, without much of a nick compared to other clubs. Plenty of folks here decried the lack of depth on the team - well, here comes the test.

Bulldog
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Staring down the barrel of 2-4. Awesome. The sad part is I'm honestly getting to the point where I just don't care any more. They've been so bad for so long, what's another season of sucking? Oh well.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
but hey, we need Thigpen and that extra kicker on the roster, right?

MTBillsFan
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
How can one franchise get hit so often by the injury bug? It seems like every year for the last decade we've had significant injuries to people?

Bulldog
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
How can one franchise get hit so often by the injury bug? It seems like every year for the last decade we've had significant injuries to people?

Most teams do. We just notice Buffalo's more because we follow them more closely and other teams have better depth to handle those situations when they arise. Look at the Patriots yesterday. They were without Hernandez, Mankins & Edelman and still whooped our ass.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I've said it before: the Bills constantly cut corners on artificial turf, and that is at least a factor. Lack of heart is also probably in play here (Fred and CJ seemed perfectly ready to come back when the team was 2-1).

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
but hey, we need Thigpen and that extra kicker on the roster, right?

True - dumb. Many said so.

Opi, you were in favor of suiting up FJ and CJ for the NE game, against my consul. :java:

If Glenn/Ubrik are no go, BUF better be making phone calls. Flash the checkbook. CIN handed over excess cash for the idle Jeff Faine when C Cook went out. Faine had the leverage, and got the cash. Doing a good job, too.

YardRat
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM

Opi, you were in favor of suiting up FJ and CJ for the NE game, against my consul. :java:

If Glenn/Ubrik are no go, BUF better be making phone calls. Flash the checkbook. CIN handed over excess cash for the idle Jeff Faine when C Cook went out. Faine had the leverage, and got the cash. Doing a good job, too.

Cook is on IR-Recall, so Cincinnati didn't have to make additional roster moves like Buffalo would have to in order to bring in a new guy to cover for Glenn or Urbik. Just a little bit different dynamic at work for us.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Well neither of them got hurt, and we didn't win, so technically neither of us were right. The results would have been the same if they didn't play: they wouldn't be hurt and we would have still lost.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
If any of those injuries were caused by cheapshots we need to circle the Pats rematch and the names of those involved. Its okay to get beaten badly and get hit with cheap shots the first game, but if you allow it twice you are a loser.

OpIv37
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
If any of those injuries were caused by cheapshots we need to circle the Pats rematch and the names of those involved. Its okay to get beaten badly and get hit with cheap shots the first game, but if you allow it twice you are a loser.

The Glenn one was definitely not a cheap shot. He just got his leg rolled on. Very common injury for offensive linemen.

I don't recall the Urbik injury as clearly, but when it happened, nothing struck me as out of the ordinary. I think it was a similar situation.

stuckincincy
10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Cook is on IR-Recall, so Cincinnati didn't have to make additional roster moves like Buffalo would have to in order to bring in a new guy to cover for Glenn or Urbik. Just a little bit different dynamic at work for us.

Quite so. However, CIN has to carry #1 Kirkpatrick on the roster; Cook went on that special IR before the start of the season, and also they had to groom a replacement when FA LG Wharton went down in the 1st preseason game. You know about their DB woes. Paid out contracts for Chris Crocker and some rookie camp youngster cut before the season started, for their @JAX game. Nice game by Crocker, btw. A surprise, indeed.

Another btw: JAX qb Gabbert - work in progress. I saw some good, saw the usual young qb inability to deal with quick and strong interior DL pressure, along with ends pressing the rush this down, and covering the sideline and run routes the next. Hang in? Roll out? Six sacks IIRC. But not bad - I didn't see any glaring footwork or release timing errors. It will be interesting to see if he can progress.

Mike
10-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Its because the Bills fired the best Strength and Conditioning coach in the NFL , Rust Jones, in 2005 after working for the Bills for 20 years. He was the scape goat for their loosing seasons. Since 2005, the Bills have experience a major injury bug while the Bears have seen a decrease in number of injuries.

Mike
10-01-2012, 09:33 PM
BTW Injuries are no Excuse:

AZ Cards: 13 players on Injury List: 4-0
Falcons: 9 players: 4-0
Texans: 16 players: 4-0
Bangles: 12 Players: 3-1
Pats: 12 players: 2-2

BILLS: 4 players: 2-2

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Here comes the excuses as to why we lose 3 of the next 4 games even though it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Every season most of the same people use the same excuse like we're the only club in the NFL that has injuries.

starrymessenger
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM
They have been allowing it for more than a decade. Generational inbred gutlessness. And, yes, losers.
Willfork on Lossman, Spikes on Chandler. Soft,weak, gutless.
Disgraceful.

BLeonard
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Absolutely no excuse... Nix and Gailey were telling everyone in training camp just how much better the team and depth is than it was when they got here...

Now, we can see if the depth really is good, or if they were bull****ting us again.

-Bill

Jan Reimers
10-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Does it really matter?

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Does it really matter?

Nope. Especially not against the 49ers. It could hurt our chances against the Cardinals and Titans though. Any games we do lose a lot of people will blame it on the injuries though.

jamze132
10-02-2012, 04:21 AM
What people fail to realize is that it takes a perfect storm for the Bills to be able to win an NFL game. If we lose just ONE person on the O-line or we lose a RB, we're toast and we pull out the injury excuse as to why we lose.