You're GM, What Positions are you upgrading besides QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

You're GM, What Positions are you upgrading besides QB?

QB is obvious, so lets focus on the other holes/spots.

WR, DE, LB, S in that order for me.

May flip flop LB or DE. Anderson isn't getting younger and Mario's here for the long haul, but we have nothing behind these two. I don't see starters besides Barnett at the LB position. Sheppard is probably an inside 3-4 backer at best, he's a liability everywhere else so far.

Levitre, Urbik are free agents so you may want to throw G in there as well.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: You're GM, What Positions are you upgrading besides QB?

As I said before the season started, we have what probably is the worse LB unit in the NFL and we didn't do anything to upgrade it in FA or the draft.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
      As I said before the season started, we have what probably is the worse LB unit in the NFL and we didn't do anything to upgrade it in FA or the draft.
      I agree, this last draft was the one to do it too, lot of good LBs available in the second and early third. Sean Spence anyone? Who knows about Bradham, but if he can't crack this unit...hopes aren't high.

Problem is, we're always playing catch up. Can't take a LB in the 2nd round when you have no LT. Feels like this story plays out year after year after year.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
        • Aug 2012

LB fo sho.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Ownership
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

May flip flop LB or DE. Anderson isn't getting younger and Mario's here for the long haul, but we have nothing behind these two. I don't see starters besides Barnett at the LB position. Sheppard is probably an inside 3-4 backer at best, he's a liability everywhere else so far.

Gilmore is the only DB on this team worth keeping. CB belongs on that list more than any other position beyond LB. JMO

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SABURZFAN View Post
              Ownership
              hahaha

I don't trust A.Williams at CB as well, maybe he makes the transition to S, another CB would be in play in that case but less of a need for a S. If Byrd doesn't resign....well, then we need both.
              Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

I think we have more than enough talent on the Defense to be competitive. Not Ravens or 49ers dominant, but come on. Our Free Safety, #1 DT, and LE are all in their physical primes and have been to the Pro Bowl within the last 3 years. Dareus and Gilmore look to be legit, if raw. Anderson is a solid role player who's been over-promoted.

There's talent there. This one is absolutely on coaching.

I want to see them build a dominant offense for the first time in 20 years. Setting aside QB, as you have, I would want one WR who is physically imposing to go along with Chandler and win contested passes. A dual-threat TE ala Gronk, Hernandez, or Graham would be as good, provided Gailey gets it through his head that TEs have value in diversity.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

Byrd's a free agent though, so who knows where he ends up. Besides Byrd, the safety depth isn't there. Wilson is pretty average and getting older.
                  Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-01-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                    • Aug 2012

LB CB WR DL

Re-sign Byrd, Move Aaron Williams to Safety, Look for players but it's not the top priority if those moves are made.

Comment

• Lefty2985
                      • Mar 2004

Don't bash bradham he is a late round rookie give him time. You expect everyone to jump in a play. Come on.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Pretty early considering we have young guys that have barely gotten their toes wet and may fill some of those roles (Graham, Rogers, Brooks, Bradham, Howell etc), but I'll play along.

Priority #1 - Real, honest-to-the-football-gods coordinators that understand contemporary NFL. If Gailey doesn't want to hire or work with them, a new HC also.

As far as players...

QB-Please. Anybody that ever said Gailey knew how to work QB's, take it back, now. The position has been fubared and not upgraded in his entire tenure here, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better considering he apparently can't get TJax up to speed in an entire freakin' month. QB coach Lee, also. Genius Jr. has healthy Fitz looking and playing like injured Fitz. Nice job, thanks for nothing.

LB-We need a stud. Middle or outside, maybe both still, I don't care. Barnett is decent, but replaceable. Morrison might as well sit next to me on Sundays. Moats just isn't going to get it, and White is a waste of a roster space.

WR-Still no depth, and we only kept four anyway. Could use a big-time game-changer, though.

Center-A legit, vet FA to back-up Wood. Again. Urbik is a decent b'u option, but he's also your starting RG, dumbass. And he's hurt now, so how's that working out for you?

TE-Would be nice to latxh onto our own version of Gronk or Graham, if there is one available in this year's draft.

CB-A lot of young talent, but McGee will most likely retire and McKelvin move on. How high of a priority this position is obviously depends on the development of the four kids.

Safety-Maybe. Need to re-sign Byrd. Wilson is appreciated, but could be upgraded.

DE-Kelsay and/or Moore can go.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Pretty early considering we have young guys that have barely gotten their toes wet and may fill some of those roles (Graham, Rogers, Brooks, Bradham, Howell etc), but I'll play along.

Priority #1 - Real, honest-to-the-football-gods coordinators that understand contemporary NFL. If Gailey doesn't want to hire or work with them, a new HC also.

As far as players...

QB-Please. Anybody that ever said Gailey knew how to work QB's, take it back, now. The position has been fubared and not upgraded in his entire tenure here, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better considering he apparently can't get TJax up to speed in an entire freakin' month. QB coach Lee, also. Genius Jr. has healthy Fitz looking and playing like injured Fitz. Nice job, thanks for nothing.

LB-We need a stud. Middle or outside, maybe both still, I don't care. Barnett is decent, but replaceable. Morrison might as well sit next to me on Sundays. Moats just isn't going to get it, and White is a waste of a roster space.

WR-Still no depth, and we only kept four anyway. Could use a big-time game-changer, though.

Center-A legit, vet FA to back-up Wood. Again. Urbik is a decent b'u option, but he's also your starting RG, dumbass. And he's hurt now, so how's that working out for you?

TE-Would be nice to latxh onto our own version of Gronk or Graham, if there is one available in this year's draft.

CB-A lot of young talent, but McGee will most likely retire and McKelvin move on. How high of a priority this position is obviously depends on the development of the four kids.

Safety-Maybe. Need to re-sign Byrd. Wilson is appreciated, but could be upgraded.

DE-Kelsay and/or Moore can go.
                          That number of players to acquire is another 2-3 year project.

What NFL team gives their GM 6 years of a losing record?

Typically, it is 3 years and your done if you don't make the play-offs.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            That number of players to acquire is another 2-3 year project.

What NFL team gives their GM 6 years of a losing record?

Typically, it is 3 years and your done if you don't make the play-offs.
                            They ****ed up the '10 draft. Modrak & his cronies were still running the college scouting, but Nix was doing the picking even if the grades were wrong. Really set us back.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

It would be QB as the number one thing to find first for me. Then LB, WR, and Safety. I hate to say it but Whitner was much better than stinky George Wilson. I was one of the few that didn't hate him.

Comment

Working...
                              X